Good Morning! Starting Today!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  littleflower 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Good morning! I believe 5:2 will work for me. I’ve read a lot about it! I’m combining 5:2 with some protocol from the 2 Day Diet book I have (in other words I’m fasting two consecutive days a week, 640 cals a day, low carb), but eating normally the other 5 days, not mediteranean as the book suggests.

This is so doable and sustainable. I feel I can really make it a lifestyle.

I also like Dr. Michael Mosley’s generosity in talking about all forms of intermittent fasting. I found out about The 2 Day Diet book from him. Thank you Dr. Mosley!

Hi and welcome Littleflower!

wishing you all the best in your new way of eating 🙂 just a question though, why 640 cals and not 500? maybe something I am not aware of lol, please do tell!!

happy fasting 🙂

Thank you for the welcome Angie!

Angie, to make a long story short, I am using 640 calories, because I am following the protocol of a new 5:2 study that will be done by fasting researcher Dr. Mark Mattson. This study is for women ages 55-70 (just my range!), and they are to fast on two consecutive days, using 640 cals per day. To standardize the study, Dr. Mattson will be giving them 4 Atkins Advantage shakes a day (640 cals/60 grams protein/low carb), so I’m using that as my model. I can’t drink the shakes, because I avoid dairy.

I like the idea of doing two consecutive days, just to get them out of the way!

Thank you for that Littleflower, makes sense!

good on you for doing 2 days back to back!! love how you are so positive and that’s great, am sure you’ll do fantastically well, keep us posted 😉

Thank you Angie. Have a great day!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.