Getting Started

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sams 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi all, well im starting this 5:2 diet tomorrow!!! Im needing to loose about 1-1.5 stone without going hell for leather in a gym. I am currently awaiting an operation on my back – I have a prolapsed disc in my lumbar and this will be my 2nd operation in 2 years. So exercise is either very light or non-existant due to the pain I’m experiencing. This time last year i was training for the Great North Run so I was a lot fitter and slimmer. I feel i need to loose the weight i have gained since then to make my recovery smoother – and so I can start feeling good about myself too!!

My plan is to have 2 bowls of rolled oats with milk and honey on fasting days as it keeps me feeling fuller for longer. Plus there is no cooking involved or over thinking about food. What do you think??

Ill keep you posted
    Wish me luck
    🙂

Hi charbob,
    I agree. I tend to have a bowl of fruit with a little yoghurt and a bit of granola for breakfast (around 300 kcal) and then stop thinking about food for the rest of the day. It’s a “safe” feeling to have some kcals left for the evening, but I don’t necessarily use them. I’m only finishing my third day of fasting now, and for the first time I experienced the hunger pain people are talking about, but that disappeared after a cup of broth and a cracker. No cooking and no “food on your mind” helps me a lot.
    Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.