Fridge pickers wear bigger nickers, Those who stay strong wear a thong.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Fridge pickers wear bigger nickers, Those who stay strong wear a thong.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Hi all 🙂 just about to start 5:2. Set first fasting day as Monday. Have tried every fad diet under the sun and realised now I need a lifestyle change and this seems like a diet that could be easy to follow. Any tips for success please send my way! Would like to lose around 4 stone.

Hi MrsTweedle. I liked the name of your thread. Did you just make that up or nab it from “quotes for all occasions”?

All the people here seem like goodhearted souls, willing to share. Many have a great sense of humor- you’ll fit right in.
    There are already tons of interesting topics to choose and if you can’t find exactly what you want, just ask. Most likely, someone has had that experience and wants to talk about it, too.

Welcome,
    read all the FAQ’s before you start.

Thanks @piper (the name was stolen from this quote I seen on Facebook!)

And thank u @annette52 going to have a good read through now

Hey Mrs T, I think all the information you want (tips and such) are already on all the different topics on this forum. Just have a look around, a lot of people encounter the same problems and get the same advice – and you can read a lot of personal stories that may be very inspirational to you!

So read, comment and keep posting 🙂

Hello, and welcome!!
    I love your thread name!!! And very true, too!! Haha.
    My biggest tip is try a few different strategies to find what works for you 🙂 I started off eating a late breakfast and a late afternoon tea on fast days, now I make one meal and eat some as late as I can, and the rest at dinner time.
    I eat lots of vegetables and some lean protein (sometimes a good size piece of that too!!). It’s amazing how much food can be made for 500 cal. Soups are great as broth is so low – I use a natural one which comes in at a whopping 7cal per 100ml. It’s also really delicious and satisfying by itself, as long as I drink water too as I think it’s a bit salty.
    I iften use light Philadelphia because I really like creamy stuff, and a tablespoon or two in a frypan of veges and chicken is just yum!
    Running curbs my hunger pangs. I get blue if I don’t exercise.
    Drink lots!! And I would advise against adding sugar or sweeteners.
    Give it time. I had always been a daily weigher/reactor, but am now weighing maybe every month. It means I can look at this as a lifestyle change, rather than a daily torture to battles against. The weight might not come off today, but it will come off tomorrow.

I lost 2.6kg in my first month, and 4.5cm off my tummy. I am sosososo proud of that because it is probably the fastest I have ever lost over that amount of time – I would lose 3kg of water in 3 days by eating just veges, and then congratulate myself and put it right back on. So, slow and steady is definitely winning the race for me.

Good luck and happy slimming!

Hi there! I am one month into the Fast Diet and doing a weekly blog post about my progress and recipes. I am a gluten free foodie so this diet is perfect for me. If you want to have a read of what I eat on a fast day (with calories and recipes included) or want to hear how my journey is going, today’s new post is here: http://meg-made.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/lose-day-tuesday-v.html
    Good luck with your Fast Diet journey too!!! xx Meg

Love the name of your thread, good luck with the diet Mrs Tweddle 🙂

Hi Mrs Tweddle and Welcome to the fast diet forum!

Couldn’t resist responding to your humourous title!

I think you have just hit on the eating regime that may be about to change your life for good – sounds far out but it’s not.

Just off to adjust my thong…..(huh some hope)

No matter how skinny I get, I’ll never wear a thong… Lady boxers for me all the way! (Love Bjorn Borg).

One of the wisest and most thoughtful forum posters is annette52. Some of her topics have generated the most comment.
    See all her posts here:
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/search-results/?q=annette52

Is that necessary? I think everyone on here contributes equally, no-one more or “thoughtful” than the other. I’d like to think I contribute as well, maybe in a different manner than others, but contribute nontheless.

Just browse the forum, I’d say.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.