First visit here, glad I found you all!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Been looking into the IF studies and also the anecdotal information as I’m needing to find a way to not just reach my weight loss goal (again) but to find a sustainable lifestyle that will help me maintain it. I’ve been very good, time and time again, at losing weight and getting fit. After reaching a goal over the years I slide right back into the cookies, pizza, beer and lack of activity lifestyle again. ENOUGH! I’m getting too old to want to do that over and over… I’m now reading the “FastDiet” book.
    So, as I said, been looking into IF and have settled on the 5:2 idea. Glad I found this site and I’m looking forward to learning a lot from you all here!

@steve59 Welcome!

Look in on the monthly challenge threads (still a week left of November if you want to join, and December coming along any day now) – I’ve found them immensly helpful to maintain motivation and help me stay on the straight and narrow when I’ve struggled.

Like you, I’ve been really good on diets in the past, only to backslide once I’ve hit my target. The 5:2 WOL and the support from this community makes me believe I can finally manage to stay at my chosen weight once I get there (and go into maintenance mode).

Hi Steve, ditto what Big Viking says, come and join us in the monthly challenges, its a brilliant way to learn more about following 5:2 and helps with keeping motivated. Best of luck and wish you success.

Steve, welcome to the forum! I’ve lost weight many times in the past too, only to regain it. I’ve been doing the 5:2 since early May and am almost at my goal. This is the first diet or way of eating that has felt sustainable for the long term. I intend to stick with it as maintenance after reaching my goal. It’s slower than other diets I’ve tried, bu dependable. And most of all, it’s sustainable.

Thank you all! 🙏

I’m 12 hours into my first fasting day as I type this and I wonder why I felt such trepidation about it! Not hungry at all and after getting home from work just now I’m considering skipping my planned mini-meal tonight to make my first fast day a true 24 hr fast. …we’ll see.
    🤔
    I am staying well hydrated tho.

Again, thank you all for your encouragement!

Good luck to Steve, who seems to be off to a good start.
    As Cali says, this is sustainable — just ask my husband who lost 40 pounds!
    Missybear, it sounds as if you have had some success, too.
    Big Viking, you are right about how nice it is to chat with other people going through the same experience.

Happy weekend, everyone. Fasting on Monday!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.