First fast day tomorrow

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi,
    I plan for my first fasting day tomorrow. The plan is I have breakfast at 7.30 (chocolate weetabix) then start fasting from 8am to 8am Tuesday and seem on Thursday. How does that sound? I volunteer at a primary school on Monday and Tuesday & have college Thursday so need a reasonable breakfast to get me through so I figured on both days it should work. But am I getting the best from my fast day and will I cope.
    I’m 28 looking to lose 2 stone & then eventually a little more. I suffer with ibs and also have pcos so 5:2 seems like the best option for me. Im also an emotionally eater that’s how I’m currently in this situation. I’m worried that I’m going to suffer with headaches, tiredness and dizziness as when I do try to cut down on calories by the afternoon I’m so tired I eat whatever I can find.
    Any advice would be appreciated, I would really love for this plan to work for me 😀

I’m new too so not really in a position to offer advice, but may I suggest swapping your regular milk for almond milk. It contains about half the calories. Every little helps eh?

Hi jemmy,
    Obviously different things work for different people. For me, chocolate weetabix sounds about the worst thing I could probably eat on a fast day!!
    Thing like cuppa soups could be helpful in the afternoon for you? Drink heaps of water / tea / black coffee to keep hydrated. It might also help with the hunger pangs.
    What works for me is making a 300-500 cal dish (150gm of chicken breast, a couple of cups of natural chicken broth and various veges makes a very large and satisfying amount of food – often I don’t finish it now), having a black coffee (no sweeteners) in the morning and then eating the soup as late as I can manage. Although if you are wanting to not eat 8am – 8am you will need a different strategy 🙂

Regarding the emotional eating, hopefully 5:2 really will help! I am much more in control of my eating than I have been in probably my whole life. I bought a block of chocolate the other day. I used to accidentally eat it all on the way home, but so far I have eaten half a piece!! I am more of a carbohydrate addict / bored eater than an emotional eater, but hopefully this will help you break associations you have with food 🙂

All the best!

Hi gemmyj, welcome to the forum,
    what works best for me is starting my fast the night before, last meal tea time.(that way ive had 2 sleeps during my fast) i have a cuppa with milk in AM then wait as long as possible, mostly it was till lunch time,(now days its tea time) with another tea or coffee mid morning, i know how busy school can get and how fast the time flys, before you know it its lunch time and not even had time for a wee! id choose a bannana or fruit for lunch and plenty more drinks, saving my other cals for a good dinner before another sleep and fast over. what ever way you choose, do what works for you, there is no right or wrong way, wishing you every success on this journey, and keep us posted! xx

Thank you for the advice. Almond milk sounds like a great idea 🙂
    I’ve taken into account what you’ve suggested, I’m going to fast after dinner tonight (lovely big roast) right through til tomorrow night (not sure what time yet) but seems fitting what with school I will be too disattracted to think of food.
    As for the soup another brilliant idea as that can be very filling on a cold day. I went out & brough lemons, limes for water and some grapefruit. Will probably have an apple for break tomorrow if I’m feeling too hungry.

Thanks again ladies 🙂 and good luck @suzysu

Hey Gemmy, let us know how you did will you? ^^

For me eating in the evening is the thing for me, I can’t imagine only eating in the morning. Eating in the evening gives me something to look forward to, and gets me through the day – and it makes sure my body has enough nutrients to repair itself during sleep.

Do what works for you, try out different things until you’ve found THE way you’re going to spend the rest of your life (okay now I’m being dramatic, I’ll stop).

Thank you @nika I’m probably the same but it’s hard to change eating habits when all you know is 3 meals a day.
    I’m half way through my first fast day & so far so good. I just had a mugshot which always fills me up. Got a slight headache & feeling tired but that could be a clear sign I need to drink more although school kids are a little hyper today after not being able to go outside.
    I think I may just be able to pull this off 🙂

And, how well and completely DID you pull it off?!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.