First Fast Day Tomorrow!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  paleofast 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• I’ve been Paleo for the last 2.5yrs & have had great success (40lbs down!) but this has been a rough year & I’m an emotional eater so the lbs are creeping on. Need to disrupt my system a bit while staying on Paleo so it seems like this process is the best way to do both! Welcome any snacks/tips for staying at 500 calories & hope to post success stories in the near future. 🙂

Its my first fast day tomorrow and hoping to lose atleast a pound on my weigh in day at the end of the week. Im also an emotional eater and have many moments of eating, especially sugary foods. Ive been on nearly all diets but its like I yo yo diet as I love my food too much. I know someone that started the 5.2 diet a month ago and they have lost loads of weight. Maybe it will be different for me but Im feeling optimistic.
    Will let you know how I get on, on my weigh in day. And snacks that I would opt for would be shapers crisps or the low calorie popcorn, you can buy them in boots. Anyway well done on the weight loss thats amazing progress.:-) let me know how you get on.

Thx Sayda! I’m almost thru my first day – it’s been hard, not gonna lie, but I’m feeling victorious & excited about eating normally tomorrow! Will do day 2 on Wednesday then stay focused the rest of the week. I look forward to hearing how u & others do & my upcoming weigh ins!! 🙂

I will say, after my first fast day, I already appreciate food SO much more & also knowing how difficult it is, am less prone to undoing all of my hard work by gorging myself. So far so good!! 🙂

paleo, I hope you’re doing well. I’m just beginning, and I’m overwhelmed by information. I’ve found 5:2 a little too painful, but wonder if a daily fast is better suited for me. I’m leaning to an 8:16, or 6:18 (those are daily hourly times) that would suit my circumstances most conveniently: Sedentary, totally retired male. We Yanks have an expression, “No pain; No gain.” Most of my fasting period is consumed in sleep. Am I making it too easy? Finally, I don’t know about Australian food labeling. We have a rather elaborate system. TDEE, BMR, RDV, DVR have me confused…. Help!

Hi paleo,

Snacks are not a good idea. The best thing you can do is have long gaps between meals in order for your insulin level to settle down after a meal and so that you learn what real hunger feels like. We don’t need snacks but have been brainwashed by the food industry into thinking we need to eat every couple of hours or we’ll fade away.

Shapers crisps and low calorie popcorn come under the heading of processed carbs which anyone who is trying to lose weight should be avoiding like the plague IMHO. In general they don’t offer much in the way of nutrition and just make you want more.

If you are feeling hungry on a FD, have a big glass of water and a hot drink and find something to occupy your mind. Hunger comes in waves and you’ll find a way to deal with it that doesn’t involve food if it isn’t mealtime.

Have to agree with Amazon. Snacking is a modern day “invention” put forward by big food. Ask your parents or grandparents if they snacked when they were kids. Bet they didn’t!! You want tips? Drink lots of water. I drink santa vittoria sparkling mineral water. Chew gum like your life depends on it. Stay away from carbs on your fast days. Eat lots of veggies.

kjbusa, I’m in the USA too. I’m not sure about RDV or DVR, but TDEE and BMR are:

TDEE – total daily energy expenditure. The number of calories you should be eating on your non fast days.

BMR – Base Metabolic rate. The amount of calories your body would burn by just sitting still/sleeping.

If you plug your numbers into the Fast Tracker on upper right you’ll get your TDEE, which — SURPRISE! – goes down as you lose weight. The amount of calories required to sustain you decreases as your body gets smaller.

No pain no gain is far from being my motto!! LOL!

These are all super helpful tips – thx!! I’m starting my Day 2 fast & it’ll be much easier to track calories if I’m not so worried about snacks. I’ve got this!!! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.