first fast day today

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  morrisminor72 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi all, I’m 40yo, short and rather stocky, but I cleverly lost 17kg over 18 months to be fabulous for my 40th, by seriously calorie restricting. Really hard stuff. I’ve gained back a couple of kg, not too much, and still feel good, but I am quite concerned that by relaxing my eating I’ll balloon again. I like cheese and chocolate!
    Today was my first day of “fasting” with yoghurt for breakfast, a million diet cokes for lunch and roast veg for dinner. Feeling good, but can I sleep with a slightly rumbly tummy? Who knows?

Hi, morrisminor72 – Here are some comments from Michel M. which might help, taken from the ‘faq’ section (Frequently Asked Questions’) at the top-right of the page (i.e. the links under the red heading ‘Welcome to 5:2 Intermittent Fasting’). That whole series of links up there are very useful and worth a read.
    Q : What are the side effects?
    ‘The commonest side effect is feeling hungry, particularly when you first start.
    Some people find it hard to sleep on a relatively empty stomach. If so I recommend keeping calories aside for a late night glass of milk or snack.
    Some people report headaches or constipation. This is often the result of not drinking enough water during the day.
    There is evidence that the side effects you experience are the ones you expect, so it is best to approach Intermittent Fasting with the expectation that it will be fine.’

And Well done, you, for your efforts to date. I wish you every success in using the 5:2 method.

LOL, I did the milk thing! I use skim, so it doesn’t add many calories, but I didn’t sleep well, but that was situational – had a huge day at work, and we all sometimes take a few hours to simmer down. I wasn’t hungry overnight though.
    Thanks for the tip.
    It’s day 2 of fasting today, have just done a massive breakfast with only 158 calories (skim milk and frozen raspberry smoothie). Happy and full!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.