First fast day 2014

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Colbydad 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Saw the TV programme last year just around the time of the Olympics and have heard about the book. I bought this last night, and today is my first fast day. Had a small amount of rice and fish earlier and I’m not going to lie…, I am really hungry! Planning what I’m going to have tomorrow for my breakfast is getting me through…

I really need to shift 10 kg (22 lbs in new money), so here goes!

My first day too, just cooking some eggs also really hungry. Thinking that if I give in, I will have to do it all again tomorrow is getting me through. I have 8 kg to lose, so hoping this is going to work 🙂

Welcome,
    Avoid carbs on a fast day, but aim for protein and leaves to fill you up. Have you got the recipe book?Lots of good meals in there that are not dull and boring.

Eat the best that you can with those limited calories….

Thank you Sally-Anne and annette52 for your supportive emails. I had an early night last night and am pleased to say that I made it through my first fast day! And it wasn’t too bad at all. In fact I feel great!

Sally-Anne I hope that you were able to get through as well?

I will certainly prepare better for my next fast day which I will do tomorrow and am looking at the books recipe ideas now.

Take care you guys

Welcome to you both. It can be tough at first, but you do get into the swing of things quickly and it becomes a way of life. Have had a holiday break this last 2 weeks, but back to it tomorrow. Good luck to you, keep going. You’ll be amazed.

Hurray!
    I did just mean Mimis recipe book(which is advertised on this site) which is great and lots to choose from….and I am fussy.

Hi all

I am fasting from 7pm after a Christmas break. I started this woe last New Year and did really well until July. After that it slowed down as I put less effort in. My goal this year is to do two fasts a week, beyond July!

I do take lots of painkillers, which can make fasting difficult but I am going to do my best because the pay-off is just amazing.

Good to be back and reading all of the motivating posts.

Melis

Time will tell I guess…, I am going to do ADF for this first week and see how it goes, either continue or fast intermittently.

Wow, you made it until July! I guess that’s the tricky part, adopting it as a part of ones life so that one fasts intermittently as a way of life. Until I’m able to do that I’m going to remain sceptic…, but positive nevertheless.

Second fast day for me since starting and I’m still keeping a positive attitude – hungry, but with a positive attitude nonetheless. Looking forward to watching the numbers on the scale go down.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.