First day of the fast diet today!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• after several months of procrastinating about starting this diet I am finally doing it TODAY! feeling a little anxious whether or not i will make it through the day, because i really want this to work! I want to have the success story like so many other people have had. wish me luck! x

Hi molly69
    Congratulations for finally starting – I wish you luck! 😀
    This forum is full of useful information to help you along your way – do have a good look around because there is probably an answer to any question you can think of. Make use of the search function.
    A good place to start is to look at topics created by newbies, because there is often advice given in the first few replies.
    But if you can’t find an answer, or just need some support for where you are at, at any time, then just ask.
    I am assuming this is a fast day for you – drink lots of tea, some coffee, water, mineral water, etc to help when hunger pangs are worst, keep as busy as you can, and remember that tomorrow you can eat normally.
    Very best wishes
    Sassy 🙂

Welcome molly! You most certainly CAN do it!! Even if doing it is a bit hard. Sassy’s tips are all helpful.
    I am also on a 2 day – lots of water so far this morning and am just having a black, unsweetened coffee. What works best for me so far is making a 500cal dish with chicken breast and lots of veges, eating most of it at about 4:30 before the kids get home (I’m au pairing in Spain – they aren’t mine!) and the rest if I want it when they have their dinner at 8:30 ish. Soup is on the menu today.

I hope you’re day is going well!!

thank you both – so far so good and no major hunger pains yet! I made a butternut squash soup recipe that i found on this forum which is lovely and filling. I plan to have salmon and veg for dinner. Hope this afternoon goes as well as this morning!! Where are you in Spain Iwant2B? Lucky you 🙂

Hi I am also on my first ever fast day so far so good making a list as to how many calories I have taken to keep me on track don’t know if this a good idea or not till I get use to the plan

I’m in Madrid, which is starting to get cold. Who knew Spain actually gets cold?! Haha. It’s turning into a pretty awesome OE really, even with my boyfriend being back home in NZ.

Welcome mags and good luck. I keep track of what I eat with myfitnesspal 🙂

Hello! Today has been my first fast too! How have you got on? I have been ok, but I guess this is the tricky part of the day….I have three hours of evening stretching out in front of me. I am also really looking forward to breakfast, is that bad?

No it’s not bad to look forward to breakfast, but you just might not be as hungry as you thought you would be tomorrow morning. I also go to bed earlier on a fast day, usually feel tired anyway.

Hi Molly69,

My first day too! I wish all the best (and me lots of self-control because I’m definitely going to need it, lol.)

Today went okay for me so far, it’s now 9pm and stuck to the 500 and no urge to eat anything else. Unheard of for me!

Here we go!!
    Aud x

well it’s 9.30 pm and I have also managed to go the whole day within my 500 calories (completely unheard of for me wow!) but it’s only now that I am really feeling a bit weak and very hungry. All day I have been fine. Now I have that burning nauseaous feeling and a headache. Does anyone else have that feeling? I am really looking forward to breakfast (buttered toast and a huge mug of white coffee, i can smell it now…)
    I weighed myself at Boots today. Oh dear. This diet needs to work big time!!!

well done everyone who has started up today as well – it wasn’t all that bad was it really? x

White coffe? o.O I never drink coffee anyway, but never heard of white coffee :p

Congrats on having such great first days! And, we keep saying it again and again, the days get easier as your body gets used to fasting a bit 😉

white coffee = coffee with lashings of milk 😛

glad to hear it all gets easier! Feel a bit rubbish this morning even after eating a normal breakfast 🙁

Morning. Well done for starting. That’s the hardest step !! I am on week two and find that I go to bed earlier on fasting days. Although I don’t feel hungry I don’t want to be tempted either and breakfast comes round faster that way. Keep up the good work xx

Hi Molly, I am starting my first 500 day today. Hope yours went well yesterday – any top tips to keep me from attacking the fridge

Hi Lardilass I didn’t find it as bad as I thought so keep positive thoughts and focus on knowing you can eat normally tomorrow. I found not eating breakfast helped me loads. I had a large bowl of low cal soup for lunch and a little more in the afternoon. I was able to go until 7 when I had salmon and vegetables for dinner. I maybe should have drank more though I think. Helps to keep busy too so as not to keep thinking about food!! Good luck hope you have a good day away from your fridge 😉
    I’m planning to do day 2 tomorrow. my body won’t know whats hit it!!

Haha if you drink coffee with milk don’t forget to count those calories though 😉
    And great job on your first fast day, sounds like you went through it like a breeze!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply.