First day of fasting today

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  julieg 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi I’m Kirsty from England , North Yorkshire. I had been doing a calories controlled diet last year and lost pitiful amounts of weight , about 1lb a month even though I was very strict and did excercise.
    So here goes!! Had a cup of tea with minimal milk and no sugar. Is the lesser calories you have a day the better?? Or must you have 500?

Hi Kirsty,

I’d really urge you to have the full 500 otherwise it will be so difficult to sustain.

I save all mine until the evening on a fast day so that I can have a nice dinner. That way you get the full 24 hour fast (dinner to dinner) and also you can look forward to a decent meal. It means that in reality you only have to miss 2 meals (breakfast and lunch) twice a week. And it is simple as no counting – I roughly guestimate my 500 calorie meal, it is usually beans on toast!

Then just stay within your TDEE the other fast days. This is an average 2000 for a woman – although do calculate your own as it can vary – mine’s only around 1600 – but even that’s much better than most ‘diets’.

Wish you really good luck!

hi Kirsty and welcome to the forums!

I agree with Cathyork and have your 500 cals! good luck and happy fasting 🙂

Hi Kirsty,

I agree with Cathy about having the full 500 calories – it’s really not that much anyway! When I first started I was trying to split the calories over the day but now try to go without anything apart from water or green tea etc. (zero calorie drinks) until dinner time. I still like to save a few calories for a rice cake or something around 9pm though!

You will find that after the first couple of weeks you will find your own way that suits you. I have been surprised that I haven’t been ravenous the morning after a fast and have come to realise that I won’t die if I don’t have something to eat for a few hours!

I’ve had a couple of weeks off over Christmas and could feel myself slipping back into the bad habit of mindless eating (just for the sake of it). I’ve put 5lb on which I know will soon disappear and I will be back on track.

Good luck with your weight loss, keep us posted! Linda

There’s no MUST about it …many people on here have zero calories on a fast day. You do what works for you but don’t EXCEED 500. I don’t eat until dinner time (around 7pm) as I find if I eat earlier I want to eat more. For dinner I have 200 – 300 cals …that’s what works for me.

Start off using all of your 500 cal allowance and take it from there.

Good luck x

Thanks everyone! Going well, not had anything except tea with very little milk. Going to have veg soup for dinner later. Tummy rumbling away haha.
    I’m off to browse the forum, you guys are so friendly, thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my post!

Hi guys I was wondering about this too, Ive just finished the book yesterday and think for now Ill have the 2×500 per week as Im newish to this peticular diet but in the future I would like to try to do a total fast on these days to get the full benefits 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.