First day, mentally challenging!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Iwant2Bincontrol 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• So I finally took the dip and started 5:2 today. Breakfast was at 8.30 – scrambled eggs with asparagus, tomatoe and spinach and black coffee (first time and was ok!) clocking up 259 calories – miscalculated the 2 eggs. It is now 2pm and I have had to consciously stop myself from picking up things to eat, it was so automatic. My mind keeps saying ‘eat’ and I keep having to fight it with ‘you’re not actually hungry’ which I actually am not. I just can’t believe how conditioned I have been to eating based on time. Well, having a cup of tea now and am sure I will continue battling with myself all afternoon.

Hi Sterud, my first day today too. I skipped breakfast and had 2 boiled eggs with asparagus at 2pm 200 cal. Holding out for dinner now. Good luck!

It gets better! My first day (thursday) was miserable…I had problems functioning. I tried cheese for breakfast and lunch and then a small dinner. My second fast, today I didn’t wake up hungry, so decided to wait till 5 to eat one 500 cal meal (hearty minestrone soup with chicken). It was very filling with lots of veggies. I’m getting ready for bed and i’m not hungry. In the old days, I would get up and get a snack because i’m not full.
    Oh, and I always leave room in my calories for a piece of low carb dark chocolate dipped in peanut butter!

Second fast is definitely easier. Be prepared with delicious recipes that are low calorie….

Thanks Jennag, starting to go downhill and it’s only 3.30! Lots of deep breathing and tea.

Valerieinnz, maybe I might try skipping breakfast and having lunch and dinner next fast. Good luck to you too.

My first day too! Mum suggested it this morning and there is no time like the present ;p I find it easier to delay my eating in the morning with a coffee, just had one scrambled (because it puffs up so seems like more to me) egg at midday, cucumber, tomato and tuna salad planned for lunch this afternoon, and maybe gazpacho for dinner. Cautiously hopeful 🙂

Good like Iwant2Bincontrol! I think I will also change to eating later in the day. Survived yesterday, it really wasn’t too bad once I realised my brain kept saying I was hungry but my tummy was actually ok. Actually looking forward to tomorrow which will be Day 2 of the fast.

I got through yesterday fine, had lunch at 2pm and dinner around 6.30pm. Woke up this morning and wasn’t hungry at all! Ate at 11.30am (non fast day). 🙂

Well done, I read that only eating between 11am-7pm has great health benefits because it lets the body ‘rest’ for longer without having to process the food and therefore uses fat for fuel which means it burns more fat! I woke up a bit peckish. Yesterday was hard but I knew I was going to get through it. Mainly felt dizzy but that was the only symptom. Today I have been wanting to eat more salad-y things which is a bit unusual.

Day one success for me too! Good eating/not everyone 🙂 🙂
    I think I need to have something a bit more solid at dinner time – gazpacho is delicious but something I can chew would be appreciated more.
    Really enjoyed my salad of tomato, cucumber, finely sliced sweet onion and tuna with a few (counted!!) cashew nuts. I also liked being really clear about my rules for the day – very simply I had to only eat 500cal, and so being hungry (which I was) didn’t mean it was time to eat, it just meant that I was hungry and was going to ignore it while I went for a walk.

Good luck everybody for today!! Xx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.