Feeling liberated!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kris 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Just read an article by Lucy Cavendish in in Daily Telegraph and felt compelled to write. I did my first Fast Day only yesterday and I really feel I have made an enormous amount of progress already. It is today, my non fast day which is most interesting. I over eat, a lot, I have four kids so am constantly making food and helping myself whilst eating. Today, after the discipline of yesterday, I am controlling what I eat easily. Not sure how this has happened but I feel a mental shift already. Lucy Cavendish must be in the minority because although I fully expected to think about food all day I did not.

I do have a few tips for anyone’s first fast day….. A. Do not choose your Four year olds birthday to start because Baking on a fast day really tests you! B. do not ask your Four year old what she wants for tea because making a Roast dinner on your Fast Day also tests you!

I hope this feeling of control lasts?

I have had the same experience and now 3 months in, a lot of the bad habbits have slowly stopped so keep going!!! for me the first 2 weeks were when I felt the most hungry but my brother said to have a drink when you feel hungry as he said, often the feeling of thirst and hunger gets confused especially when you’ve stopped listening to your body as I did. That helped a lot so I go and make myself a cup of tea and sit and drink it when I hit the hungry bits and then it fades and I carry on. I have found I try not to bake on fast days as well.

Thanks for replying! Second fast day and although I feel hungry it is intermittent, and can be solved with a cup of herbal tea. It has really been a big wake up call about my bad habits. I can see that if I break bad eating habits on non fast days I would be just eating like my friends who are slim, and that is probably why they are, they don’t panic at the first sign of hunger, and if I am honest I have probably never been hungry in my life.

I have been on the fast diet since February and have had a few ups and downs in terms of self control, with some periods of over-compensating on feast days, but have realised this is mainly to do with my emotional state and if I stick with it things improve again. Overall I now know that I CAN control my weight. I see this as a permanent lifestyle from now on in order to maintain the success I have had.
    I agree that there is a lot of confusion about what is hunger, thirst and just plain appetite/greed! I don’t think many of us know what real hunger is.
    Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.