Feeding the kids!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  annette52 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hello – starting the Fast Diet on Monday, excited and a little nervous. I have a good stone of baby weight to shift but am also excited by the health benefits. I have nagging inflammatory pain from a bursitis in my foot and there seems to be a suggestion the diet may help it?

My biggest worry is the 6 o’clockish feeding the kids time. I always find this hard as it is my lowest ebb of the day. Any tips (other than eating myself then) on how to get through it? I plan to cook the rest of the family’s meal the day before so I don’t actually have to cook.

Many thanks

Hello and welcome,
    I have 4 chaps who are 17, 19,22 and almost 24 who live with me and are working, 2 of whom work shifts.I started this way of life almost a year ago and for the first 6 months they had no idea that I had days when I ate less, which was my plan.I was adamant that as this was going to be a way of life, rather than a fad, it had to work for all of us as a family, and not make food an issue.

I worried about how to feed them and cope with feeling hungry for ages. My approach has always been that I cook the boys things that I either don’t like or am not that keen on such as chilli/rice-yuck.I also used to drink a couple of glasses of water before and perhaps eat a carrot-I love raw carrot.

I am always really careful to make sure that I eat something that I love on a fast day.Salmon steak, sprinkled with chilli flakes and cooked in a foil parcel-delicious…..and cook that so that both meals are ready at the same time.

That way, we still eat together and talk.The boys are happy and so am I.Cooking on a fast day gets much easier, especially if you are eating too.If you don’t want to eat with the cherubs, then why not have a snack before you cook?

Any help? How old are the cherubs?

Hi Alfie and welcome to the forums!!
    I agree with everything Annette already said, i love this way of life !

Wishing you all the best on your journey 🙂

Thank you for your thoughts. My little ones are 6, 3 and 15 weeks. I will let you know how I get on

Goodness, you are busy!
    If you are breast feeding, then you shouldn’t do the 5:2.

Don’t worry, finished breast feeding now!!

OK. Then I would think about when the children need to be fed and what they are going to eat and make sure that you have food in the house.Food shopping on a fast day is tough, certainly at the beginning.

I remember being on my knees at the end of the day with small children, who were tired too…with bedtime to look forward to as well.You may find that splitting the total calories between lunch and then having something to eat before the bedtime rush works for you.

I miss breakfast on a fast day, have lunch provided at work, but find 4pm a real low point and generally struggle then.I find that a couple of carrots and perhaps an apple will then keep me going until I eat later.

Have you got the recipe book? I find it really helpful and lots for me to choose from, and I am fussy.

Plan meals for the family and for you, avoid food shopping, drink water to fill you up and remember it is just for that day. It does get better as the weeks go by. My psoriasis improved dramatically so hopefully your foot will improve too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.