Feasting on Feast Days

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  audrich 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• I tried this WOE in the summer and found that whereas I had no problem doing the fasts, I just couldn’t cope with the feast days. I couldn’t find a balance and over-indulged. I have a problem with B E D and perhaps this diet isn’t really for me in that case, but I really want it to work. Any tip, advice, pearls of wisdom to tackle the feast days, demob happy approach to eating?

I’ve piled on at least another 1 1/2 stones since stopping, although I’m too scared to actually weight myself, and really want/need to lose as much as possible before I start my new Uni course in August.

Thanks x

I felt exactly the same way!

I started dieting a year ago, and was terrified to weigh myself, so didn’t. It meant I soon gave up because I couldn’t see any changes.

I started the 5:2 diet 2 weeks ago, and for the first week I didn’t weigh myself. Last weekend I bit the bullet and weighed myself. And I’m so glad I did! After losing 6lb, and seeing that progress, I am SO motivated and excited.

I would recommend you just do it. Remember, that number isn’t going to stay, and you’ll be able to log how much you lose and feel great about your achievements!

I did weigh every week on 5 2, but when the scales didn’t move for weeks I gave up. I’m not weighing just now, cos my eating is out of control and I know I’ve gained so much.

This didn’t work for me cos my feast days were just that. I know I was probably eating too much. Also I got out of the habit of eating lunch – still don’t – and so ate all my cals in the evening.

I’m just wondering if anyone found these problems too, and if so how did they stop and find more of a balance on feast days?

Hello ceecee76 and Welcome to the Fast Diet Forum

You don’t give any indication how old you are; but you talk about your new uni course so you could be just a whippersnapper (lucky you!) but of course you could be any age and be a mature student.

It can be easy on this forum to sound a bit smug because this WOE (way of eating) can be so very easy for some people to simply shed weight like it’s going out of fashion.

But if you take the time to read a little about my fast diet journey; you will see I am a Lady of a Certain Age with all the obstacles that comes with that. i.e. the fact that it is usually much more difficult for women like me to lose weight because of all the things that come (and go!) with the menopause. We are not normally on the same playing field as men and younger women; that is why when I want advice I direct my queries only to this special club.

But what strikes me immediately about your post is that you refer to the non-fast days as feast days; it’s just that simple.

I don’t think of them as feast days at all; they are the days where I’m thankfully not fasting but trying to eat sensibly and not over-eating etc. I know, that when it’s not a fast day; that I’m really grateful that I can have the usual food I would eat and don’t have to count calories or watch my portion size too zealously.

I also allow myself to have nicer meals at the weekend and some wine to accompany it; so to me I can’t actually believe I can eat and drink this way and only have to fast for two days and lose weight – albeit very, very slowly but I’m just massively grateful I have lost any weight at all.

I don’t know what you mean by your problem with B E D? Is that some illness/condition or do you just mean you have difficulty getting out of bed? You’re going to fit in just dandy at uni if that is your problem! (I immediately apologise to all conscientious students out there who don’t spend all day in bed and all night partying!! I lived in student accomodation as a mature student; I know what I’m talking about!).

Honestly ceecee, if this wonderful information on this WOE had been around when I was a youngster; I would not have had an entire life weight problem.
    I sympathise greatly with anyone who is overweight because I know from personal experience that you don’t normally feel good about yourself: you don’t normally like how you look in clothes and this affects your confidence about pretty much everything.

But this wonderful life changing information is out there for you and anyone else with a weight issue; so I think if you seriously want this to work for you – you actually have to get real and start sticking to it properly and sensibly.

In the past when people tried to lose weight; you either went to a club for support or you did it alone and being much experienced in both – neither are easy or work in the long run.

You on the other hand have this fantastic forum to access; either to simply read back at some of the stories of other folk who might have had your struggles. Or most importantly, I feel, to get support and encouragement to really get into the WOE and make it work for you.

Take it from me and I know from lots of other people; this is the easiest and most pleasant way in the history of the universe to lose weight!

Oh and let’s not forget; you will seriously improve your health whilst you’re at it!

It’s a no brainer ceecee

I see what you mean now.

I certainly hope I didn’t come across as smug! It wasn’t my intention as I’m very new to this!

I would say like Precious, this forum is amazing! I read it almost every night for ideas and motivation. I’m sure someone will have experienced the same and be able to give you advice.

🙂

Hello treat89

You absolutely didn’t come across as smug. You are just rightly pleased about your weight loss and wanted to motivate ceecee.

I’m not with you on the advice thing though? Have you got me mixed up?!

You asked if anyone had experienced the same, and how they managed. I was just saying I’m sure lots of people have and will have great advice.

Oh whoops, didn’t read that right, sorry precious! Ignore that previous post!

In reply to your message: You said in your post that the forum is fantastic – I was just agreeing with you, and went on to say I’m sure others who have experienced the same as Ceecee will have advice to give her. Everybody is so helpful on here.

Hi all…..PBB I agree with you …I don’t talk about ‘feast’ days as I feel it gives us the wrong idea and might appear as a ‘License to overeat’ I prefer to call them non-fast days.

@ceecee76 you say you have suffered from B E D (that’s Binge Eating Disorder, PBB)so I would definitely not call them feast days. Were you treated for this in the past? Maybe have a word with your GP and discuss whether 5:2 is the best way for you. It isn’t usually advised for anyone who has/had an eating disorder. It is very important, as you know, that you don’t overeat on non fast days to ‘compensate’ for fasting and it may be that your B E D is making you do this.

Please talk to you doc before you try to continue.

xx

Hi ceecee76

Thank you sylvestra for taking the time to inform me what the B E D stood for; I would have thought ceecee herself might have put me right….

This puts a totally different complexion on the fact that you overeat on non-fast days ceecee.
    If I had known what B E D stood for; I would never have dreamed of advising you to ‘get real’; quite the contrary. I heartily sympathise with you.

The advice sylvestra has given you is good advice; go and discuss it with your doctor.

Good Luck

I’m sorry that my response is not as timely as you would have wished PBB. As a working, lone parent who is also studying for a degree, a separate Maths qualification, not to mention having 3 Post Grad interviews to prepare for and attend, I have a pretty full plate (no pun intended lol)

I thank you all for taking the time to respond to my thread, it is very kind oh you all, as we are all very busy.

I agree that another visit to my GP is probably in order.

Thanks again 🙂

Hello ceecee76

Wow – that sounds like a mighty terse response to me but I know the written word can be taken the wrong way.

If you had explained what the initials B E D stood for in the first place; my initial response to you would have been utterly different. I would hope as an intelligent person; you would appreciate how that knowledge puts a totally different complexion on your comments.

It sounds as if stress; is probably part of the condition and not suprisingly considering all you are trying to achieve.

I sincerely wish you well

Does it? How extraordinary.

Thank you, sincerely, for you kind wishes

Hi ceecee76,

I hope you are doing well.
    My small thought is that I do not consider my non-fast days to be ‘Feast’ days as I’ve seen them called elsewhere in the media – I call them and mentally consider them, just ‘feed days’ (although sylvestra’s non-fast days works equally as well!). I try to eat within my ‘normal’ cals (1100-1400 – I am a short, older lady) and have actually found that *easier* when I have fasted the day before (I’m on 4:3 as I’m very overweight), so this Way of Eating has actually helped me manage the days when I’m not fasting, if that makes sense.

I hope your doctor is able to advise you re your previous difficulties with B E D and I hope the uni/real life balance is manageable for you. I work at a uni and see many of the challenges our students juggle, so all the best with that.

Aud x

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.