Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,981 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 8 hours, 38 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,001 through 10,050 (of 35,468 total)

• Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Hopefully warmer this week so maybe easier on the Fast days.

Think it sounds in general its the non fast days creating the problems. Wine once again my trigger. What is yours? Xx

Lets all try and knuckle down this week on those days .. be Mindful. We have spring around the corner … wearing less clothes and all that goes with it.

Lets try and go for it. Just gently applying the rules. Back to Basics as such.

Kay .. hope today brings a happier day for you and Ellie. You have had a lot to contend with. Only so much we can be expected to cope with. Take care Kay. Xxxx

Hope all our loved ones … pets are feeling better today. Healing thoughts. Xx

Sym.. hope you get the flight sorted ok. Will be lovely to have you back. Xx

Aud hope the kitchen goes well. Xx

Have a good day all whatever you are doing. Brit Lovelies….

β€œStay committed to your decisions; but stay flexible in your approach” Xx

Morning all

FD today, 1 1/2 off last week which I should be happy with but the scales yesterday had me 2 lb lighter so I was expecting better today for my weigh in! Nevermind though it’s all in the right direction.

Massively overslept & need to drop my boy at mother in laws while I go to work- the joys of half term!

Have a great day everyone x

BSB … Oh well done 1 1/2 lbs.. brilliant start to the week for you.

Hope you catch up on your timings this morning. Have a good day. Xx

Morning everyone

FD for me today. Good weekend but scales up as usual after a NFD. Weigh in tomorrow so that always seems to keep me on track.

Jean, it’ll be lovely to have you back, hope you bring some of the warm weather with you.

Kay, hope Ellie’s wound is on the mend and that you get your meds sorted with your GP.

Angela and Sarah glad you enjoyed your weekends with families.

DF, hang on in there. Do you count calories on NFD? I put everything in MFP so if I have a bad week I can see if there’s a link to what may have gone wrong. I also weigh daily as I hate the anxiety of a weekly weigh in. I’m sure it will get easier when the weather gets warmer, I always think winter is the hardest time to try and lose weight, but worth the effort.

Clare, well done on the 1.5 loss, half term next week for us, and as youngest is 15 and I’m home now, it wont be a problem. When our girls were small we both worked and hubby worked shifts so everyday we would juggle who would do schoolrun, take to childminder, or look after them ourselves. My diary was full of childcare plans. We were so organised, but I don’t think I’d have the energy for that now.

Hemmy, love the positivity and fully intend to knuckle down this week.

Hope everyone has a great week – only really noticed this weekend how much longer the days are getting. Spring is on the way!

Lynne x

Morning All…..

Doing this in the dark as Steve is asleep he he..

Going to the Atlantic coast today a different run out.. our last drive out and about..

Hemmy… hope you enjoyed your weekend and not too much merlot.. lol

DF.. staying the same is better than putting on… your body balancing out a bit then off it goes again ..

Clare.. well done on your loss.. hope your day calms down for you and you catch up with yourself…

Lynne…your weekend sounded good.πŸ˜€. I am always up after a weekend… that’s my problem area.. OK in the week usually quite positive…I suppose we all know were we fall down..

Love the idea of longer days we always notice it on returning off a February holiday. ( our main holiday). It makes cutting the food back easier.. salads etc

Audrey.. good luck with the kitchen..getting excited 😊 ..

Kay.. hope you are feeling better and Ellie also πŸ˜€

Monday fast.. I am missing it.. ..All have a good mass fast I will be with you next Monday to clear the damage.. lol

Jean x

Thanks Lynne πŸ™‚ I do watch my calories on NFD. If anything I’ve probably not been eating enough. I keep telling myself that its not a gain, so that’s positive. Its making me more determined to step it up this week, and hopefully see a loss next week. I know that weight can change for so many reasons, water, muscle, time of the month etc. I just felt initially disappointed this morning. I’ll keep going πŸ™‚

I agree that I can feel spring getting nearer. That helps too πŸ™‚

Have a great day xx

Wow Girls..

Have you noticed 10,000 posts…how much weight have we lost all together…

Kay pebbles please???

I could of stayed at home πŸ˜‚

Jean x

Hi all

Quick post…kitchen completely empty… no 52 this week… Will try to keep up with posts when I can..

Good luck Monday fasters

Audrey x

Hi all

Nfd for me

Good luck all fasters

Audrey, it will soon be over and worth the hassle.

Clare well done on your loss and DF on maintaining

Jean, Steve enjoy the last day of your holiday

Kay hope Ellie and yourself are doing better.

Hi to everyone else I haven’t named getting to many to keep up.

Cookie was it your weigh in day today?

Well mum appears better, she has gone back to work today, she should of retired 13yrs ago, I guess it keeps her going.

Tammy xxx

Hi FB Brits

Hope everyone is doing ok not long to eat now. Xx

Will be away for a while busy decorating going to crack this last few pounds. lol.

Take care all. Xx

Hi all and well done Claire.

Fingers crossed for all Monday fasters, including me! Hope everyone feeling good and strong, not long to go now.

Enjoy your last day Jean, will look forward to you back for next Monday’s group fast.

Audrey, good luck this week. It will all be worth it.

Tammy, glad your mum feels a bit better.

Kay, hope both you and Ellie are getting sorted out. I imagine that is all very stressful directly after a house move.

Hemmy, I hear you regarding wine as a trigger point. It isn’t my only trigger but probably the most powerful. I really like nice wine, am never not going to like it, and it always signals food to me…..I do mostly try to stay on the wagon Monday to the weekend.

Staying losers is our aim πŸ˜‡. Have a good (short) evening everyone xx

Hi all

I have been reading all your post just wanted a bit of a break.
    Had a gain this week hubby home looking after me, well he goes back to work tomorrow put myself on a FD today as I was up b4 he could get my breakfast for me but I didn’t know he had prepared tea luckily it was only chicken breast so had that with salad very nice.

Well will eat low tomorrow had my bandage changed today foot very swollen and bruised but not hurting that much now, I’m allowed to start standing on it up to 30min still got to wear the special shoe for another 3 weeks.

Lynda x

Good evening all,

Well done Claire on 1.5lb loss and DF for maintaining.

I’ve joined MFM and I seem to have no problem now going all day without food and waiting until tea. My M&S meal is currently in the microwave.
    Hope all the other fasters are doing well.

Aud, understandable you can’t do 5:2 this week with no kitchen. It will be worth it though. How long will it take them to fit the new one?

Jean, looking forward to having you back with us. You’ll drop the holiday excess in no time.

Lynda, glad to hear your foot’s is beginning to heal and you managed to sneak in a fast day.

Kay, how’s Ellie doing?

Hemmy, wine isn’t a trigger point for food for me. I can’t resist but when I do drink I’m not snacking. Calories from alcohol are considered to be the worst as I think I read somewhere that the body works on those before any calories from food. For me it’s the day after wine I have the issue with food as I’m always hungry then! πŸ˜‚

Well, the scales have not been too unkind to me after my weekend. Only 1/2lb up and I’m fasting today. I think the tummy bug has helped as I still wasn’t great on Saturday. I could have done without the big day out in Nottingham drinking cocktails πŸ˜‚ Still, I had fun.

xx

The saga of my prescription took all afternoon to sort out, but not without a lot of running around, another 2 wrong scripts and having to pay again for the prescription, even though I couldnt take the first ones as they contained gelatin! Annoyed but its sorted now πŸ™

Ellies sore seems worse today and its now weeping, so I guess I need to ring up the vets tomorrow if its the same. She has had 4 full days of anti-biotics so it shouldnt be getting worse.

Today was a fast day for me too, although I had a banana at lunch time. Just saw it on the worktop and next thing it had gone…grrr
    Tea was quorn and veg so hopefully I will still be within allowance I will check on MFP in a bit.

Well done to everyone who has got through today and well done to Clare!

My weight is 3lbs up from the weekend and Im not surprised as I did overdo it. Just not in the best place at the mo. Hopefully it will settle down as I regain some control over the week so I manage a maintenance week.

Audrey, the upheaval will be worth it! How exciting πŸ™‚

Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with less moaning…lol

Kay x

Update…..now I remember why I stopped eating bananas….it wasnt very big but weighed about 160g which meant 142 cals!!! Good grief!

Finished on 480 cals so slightly over my fasting allowance..

Is it nearly bedtime?? I’ve been so hungry today! Attempted cauliflower pizza tonight with some salad, it was nice but not as filling as a normal fast day tea for me. Don’t want to drink any more now or I’ll be up in the night.

Going to lock up and watch tv in bed, no temptations upstairs lol!

See you all tomorrow x

Kay, how many calories do you try to stick to on a FD? I was considering reducing mine but I think I had my TDEE wrong. I’d set my activity levels too low so I’m happy now that 500 is less than a quarter of a day’s calories.

Clare, some days are harder than others for fasting. Going to bed is a good plan. I should do that as I’m munching on raspberry laces at the moment. I have the calories left but still, I don’t need them! πŸ˜‚

I’m curled up with my cat on the sofa. She’s become really disorientated lately and I think it the Metacam she’s on from the vets. Poor little love keeps bumping into everything to find her way round. I’m not going to get her the medsame tomorrow to prove if it’s that. She’s also got some narcotics for the pain I can give her if needed.

Kay, it doesn’t sound right if Ellie’s sore is still weeping after 4 days. A call to the vets is a good idea. They don’t half put us through it eh?!
    xx

It is nearly bedtime. And thank goodness. I never really feel I have got through it until I am in bed. There will never be a chance of getting up to eat anything at that stage. I have done liquid only today, just a few splashes of milk. I must make sure I complete the second one successfully this week instead of scarfing down sausages at the last minute.

Kay, I am not surprised it is hard at the mo with all that going on. Luckily I don’t like bananas. Banoffee pie is my idea of hell and any form of cooked or mushed banana makes me feel ill. It is one of very few foods I don’t like.

Angela, poor marmite. It is really horrid when they aren’t well. Hope all animal dramas get resolved. I have issues the day after wine too, as well as during. Certain I’d be a lot thinner if i was teetotal.

Night night losers xx

Angela, poor marmite πŸ™

I have my TDEE as 1600 which is in between activity levels of sedentary and light. So I should only be eating 400 cals on a FD!!

Sarah, well done on fluids only and hope you manage to stay in control tomorrow.

Kay x

Audrey… lovely the kitchen has gone.. lovely to the re building πŸ˜€

Tammy… nice to see your Mum has gone back to work she must be feeling better πŸ˜€

Hemmy …decorating. We have been thinking about it… keep you off the food πŸ˜‚

Sarah… hope you have managed the day and everybody else…

Lynda.. long job your foot you will be getting fed up…nice you jumped in on a fd πŸ˜€ Nice hubby has been looking after you..

Kay .. glad you sorted your meds out… such a worry with Ellie, hope the new vets sorts her out..

Clare .. snuggle down away from food.. you are doing an Audrey πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Angela.. your puss not well either, a bit of tlc and a snuggle…

Thinking of you all..
    Jean x

Morning all

Amazing how much more on track you feel after a single FD. Feeling more in control now after a poor weekend.

Kay, keeping reasonably controlled through the week is never really a problem. It’s the weekends which do for me every time.

I will have to take care not to think it is a permanent weekend when I finish work in the summer. I am sure there will need to be some adjustment, a bit scary even though I know I have to change my life. I am on a six month notice period and it’s in now!

Have a good Tuesday everyone. Stay strong if you are fasting and if you’re not! Xx

Hi everyone πŸ™‚

Sarah, I agree that after a fast, I feel much more positive and on track.

Yesterdays was SO hard for me, I don’t know what was wrong with me really. I was so hungry most of the day, I think I was probably slightly over the cals I should have had, but at least I got through it.

After not losing yesterday, out of curiosity I measured my waist this morning, and have lost 4 inches! This helps my mind πŸ™‚ I’m toning up at least.

I need to stop focusing so much on the weight loss and enjoy 5.2 for what it is, and the health benefits it brings. Any weight loss is a bonus!

NFD today, and after being so hungry all day yesterday, today I don’t feel hungry at all. Our bodies are so different every single day.

Good luck with the day everyone, and stay strong xx

Morning all and Happy Valentine’s day. I’m just sharing a little love this morning. Hee hee.

Sarah, I’m with you. The working week isn’t so much my issue, but weekends I tend to overdo it. How lovely for you to be finishing work in the summer. You might find you’re more active after work as you can be more in control?

Well, it might be Valentine’s day but I have a dinner date with a customer tonight and hubby has football. How romantic we are!πŸ˜‚

Have a good day all. xx

Morning everyone

DF, well done on your NSV – 4 inches is amazing.

Angela, poor Marmite. We had a cat who went blind in old age and used to stumble around, but still found her way to her ‘other home’ around the corner, aka ‘God’s Waiting Room’ as another of our elderly cats went there when she became very old (no kids, dogs and a mad old cat lady).

FD yesterday was not a good as usual. I foolishly though about doing a b2b, so ate about 500 cals instead of my usual 100 on liquids only. As a result I’ve only lost 1.2lb this week. I know, better than a gain, but I had lost more earlier in the week. So I’m back to NFD today and doing 4:3 this week and fasting Wed & Friday – as the saying goes, ‘If it ain’t broke don’t fix it’.

My weigh in on Thursday will be one month since starting FD and I’m hoping it will be a good one. Currently I’m down 12.5lb, so really hoping for a stone loss in the month.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lynne x

Morning all

NFD today & got 2 days off work to spend with the boy as it’s half term. Just made him heart shaped pancakes for breakfast & didn’t eat a single one so I’m feeling quite smug lol.

It’s a lovely day here in Norfolk so I think we are going for a Pokemon walk later in the sunshine.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Clare x

Morning All and Happy Valentine’s Day to the gang πŸ’•

Sarah… I am very like you good in the week and the weekend is difficult. I always have Fridays off but it’s creeping now into Saturday and Sunday this must change when back.

Lovely to finish work you won’t have any time you will be so busy .. lol

DF… lovely 4″ lost, sometimes the tape measure is better than the scales.. my 8 weeks of no weight lost showed up in more hole punches in my belt!.. πŸ˜€??

Angela… have a nice Valenlines evening.. πŸ˜‚

Lynne… a pound and a bit is good .. it only says a pound a week and you do more πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Clare… well done on the pancakes… I did a few before we came away I just fancied them.. one egg but they did 4 😬.. A lovely treat

Last day for us but lazy as before our journey home tomorrow.. all in all one of our better holidays, we have enjoyed ourselves.. lovely to see the area, we cut back on food, bought some in.. they just eat so strange and so large but that’s maybe me… our portions are so much smaller at home..hotel has been very good, very clean and well cared for.. but it is a budget hotel.

All have a lovely day

Jean

Thank you so much Lynne and Jean .. I did feel good to discover the inches gone!

Lynne, I’ll keep everything crossed for a good weigh in on Thursday πŸ™‚

Jean, I’m so glad you’ve had a lovely holiday πŸ™‚ Me and my other half are trying to save up for a few weeks away this year. Its been a while since we had a break πŸ™‚

Enjoy the rest of the day x

Thought it was quiet again, bit my phone keeps un-ticking my email notification.

DF 4 inches that’s great

Lynn 1.5lbs off is really good and it’s in the right direction

Jean and Steve, glad you have had a good holiday

Hope all the pets are improving.

Fd for me, going well, our kids have had their mid-term, so my daughter went back today 😊

Catch you later

Tammy xxx

DF.. it’s always nice to be away.. but FD’s are calling now.. it’s sad really πŸ˜€

Hope you can find somewhere to go, when we were young it was beach and pool but now a couple of hours of sun is enough and we like to roam πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Tammy .. mine keeps ticking out ..I thought it is where I am..

Audrey .. hope you are stress free πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Hemmy.. have a nice walk with Mr Pips… I have got a fair bit of walking in this holiday hope it balances the pounds out..

All is quiet on here..

Jean x

Well done on 4 inches gone DF. Really good. I have heard on 5/2 that often the scales take time to register the loss and measuring is a really good indication.

Lynne 1.2 off is good – that first stone is really close now.

Jean, safe journey back, those FDs just round the corner and you will have a racing metabolism now to take advantage of.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Really looking forward to suppertime….xx

Its nice to have FD’s to focus on Jean, I get that totally, its not sad haha! I do like beach and pool holidays, but also like to explore too πŸ™‚ We’re probably hoping for somewhere at the end of June early July. I hope we can get a good deal somewhere warm πŸ™‚

I have a day off work tomorrow, so may not get time to update. I’m spending a few hours with my dad, he had a stroke in September last year, and another small stroke at Christmas. He’s on the mend thankfully. Later on, I will see my son and perhaps go for a bite to eat (its a NFD lol).

My next post will probably be Thursday and it will be my second fast of the week!

So, see you all Thursday πŸ™‚

Thanks for the support … STAY STRONG πŸ™‚ X

Thank you Sarah πŸ™‚ It will soon be suppertime πŸ™‚ stay strong xx

DF… have a lovely day with Dad and son.. enjoy special times..
    See you back Thursday…

Sarah … hoping for racing metabolism πŸ˜‚I can still get in my white trousers snug as before holiday.. haven’t worn them but I am still in them snug!!! πŸ˜‚

All very quiet on here..

Jean x

Hi Jean,

I think everyone is enjoying a lovely Valentine’s evening. I’m still up waiting for hubby to get home from footy with his romantic McDonald’s meal for oneπŸ˜‚ I enjoyed scallops and steak this evening. I have to confess I’m sat with a glass of red and a few choccies whilst trying to stay awake waiting up for him.

Glad to hear your white trousers are still fitting. Perhaps you haven’t gained so much as you think. I’m sure Sarah is right and you’ll see a boost to the weight loss when you’re back. Hope you’ve had a fantastic time. xx

Angela.. I was surprised the trousers would fasten… looking at 3lbs up tops.. would be upset on more..I will give it a few days before weigh in let it level out…😬

Too many cookies and donuts eaten…

Steak sounds lovely.. maybe that’s what we will be having tonight ..told Steve make the most of it he is on rations from now on πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Hope hubby gets back soon and you can have some time together…

Jean x

Morning everyone

Hope you all enjoyed your Valentine’s evening, whether with your OH or customer!

I had a good NFD and made quite a decadent meal with a lovely creamy mushroom sauce to make up for cutting out the sugar. Hubby and daughter have different tastes to me, so they had a separate meal. Scales even STS this morning.

Swab results have confirmed that hubby’s wound infection is a bit better, but I was suspicious about a rash on his face and GP has confirmed he has shingles and is on antivirals now 5 times a day. Bless him he has no luck, the shingles are causing headaches and neck pain, but on the other side to the wound and pain from brain tumour so currently battling to make him take pain killers.

Stress at home is pretty constant, but at least at the moment I’m managing not to comfort eat. One day at a time.

Hope everyone is having a good day and Kay that you’ve managed to get Ellie sorted with the vet.

FD today, so trying for the usual liquid only.

Have a great day.

Lynne x

Morning

Quick post whilst I can… the kitchen fitting is going OK, electricians came yesterday so we have no power in the kitchen at the moment the plasterer is coming later to board the ceiling and the units are arriving tomorrow…we are camping out in the living room lol 😁…

The diet is forgotten having take away again today…

Will be back when I can

Audrey x

Morning all

Fd for me again today, going fine

Lynn hope hubby’s shingles improve quickly, my dad had really bad bout of them just after he was told he was diabetic, blamed it on him being run down, but it is horrible for them.

Audrey enjoy the carry outs, yummy I do lone them.

Kay how is Ellie, did you get to the vet?

Catch you later

It’s like a spring day here, it’s so lively.

Hi all, Im still here!

I think the anti-biotics are starting to work as Ellies skin doesnt seem to be getting any worse. I even think it could be fractionally better. Shes had 5 days of the meds now so 15 days to go, so hopefully things will improve more noticeably soon.

I feel much better now my tablets are sorted out, back to my usual self, so thats a relief!

Weight up but no surprise there as Ive been eating too much! I have 2 days to regain control before weigh in on Friday!

I have read all your posts, but too many to comment on but well done with inches lost, weight loss, white jeans still fitting, kitchen progress; Lynne I hope your hubby continues to get better and DF you enjoy your family time.

Properly catch up later x

Morning All..

A very dull day this morning, could be in UK.. lol..looks like a storm brewing..

Going to breakfast shortly then back to room for last packing and shower…

Lynne… Oh your poor hubby, Steves had it across his chest it’s so painful… watch for it going in his eyes it’s very bad on your face, a friend was taken into hospital with it going into his eyes don’t want to upset you but be careful. Hope he gets some pain relief on top of everything else…πŸ’•πŸ’•

Audrey…glad it’s all coming together… make the most of takeaways 😬

Kay… poor Ellie hoping she’s turned a corner… and yourself feeling better..

Tammy.. glad it’s feeling like spring..lively.. with birds??

Have good day all.. see you all Thursday..

Jean x

Jean
    Predictive text strikes again, it was suppose to be lovely, but I have been watching the woodpecker, that lives in the garden at my work.

Safe journey

Tammy x

Hi All,

Lynne, hope hubby gets better soon.

Kay, glad to hear Ellie’s sore is getting better and you’re better too.

Tammy, I’m with you on a FD. I’m really hungry today though. Off to have a cup of green tea to try and curb my hunger.

Jean, safe travels home.

Hope everyone else is OK. xx

Hi all

Not fasting today but not eaten yet so it feels a bit like it. Feel inclined get act together instead of piddling about which is what I’ve been doing for a week or two. A good day though and home super early.

We are having globe artichokes which I got at the weekend. We both love them with butter and lemon juice, then veg chili with brocolli and jacket potato for OH. Will be fasting tomorrow. Have made a pact with myself after overdoing the carbs at the weekend, so am going to try to do this – no rice, pasta or potatoes (easy) and no bread (very hard) except for a single thin slice of sourdough for breakfast after both fast days. The thought of toast and peanut butter the next morning is the only thing that keeps me going on fast day. That is the plan.

Jean, I reckon 3lbs over a holiday is very good going. I know only an estimate but those white trousers don’t lie.

Angela, hope your husband got back in time for you to salvage the evening.

Kay, pleased your tablets are sorted and Ellie hopefully on the mend. You deserve a period of calm stability after this.

Lynne, that is stress of a whole news magnitude, hope the shingles have been caught early and that things calm down for you.

Tammy, Angela you are getting to the end of FD, stay strong and the same to anyone else fasting today.

Cookie, is your weigh in a Tuesday? Or maybe it is your holiday. You might be continuing to do great and I hope you are but remember the slips along the way are part of adjusting the habits of a lifetime.

Hemmy, DF and anyone else who might be lurking not posting, hope you’re having a good day. Xx

Hi Sarah, good to hear you’ve had a good day and home nice and early to cook yourself a healthy tea.

I’m interested in what you’re saying about overdoing it at the weekends with carbs. What sorts of things are you having and have you identified your trigger?
    For me, weekends are such a change of pace for the working week and actually, I’ve been thinking I’m bored. I’ve been blaming it on tiredness from the week which is why all I want to do is eat carbs, curl up on the sofa and nap. But I actually think that habit of napping is because I eat carbs and because I’m bored.
    When we have my stepson, him and my hubby do their own thing together. They’re both sports mad which doesn’t interest me at all, and I have ever no hobbies and no friends locally. So I just eat and curl up and sleep. Then when we don’t have my stepson, my hubby is tired and needs to rest and doesn’t fancy doing anything. I need to break these habits to change my weekend relationship of food and sloth like behaviours.

How’s everyone? it’s quiet on here today. xx

Hi Angela

Your weekends don’t sound unusual for someone working. I guess it is understandable that your OH focusses on your stepson when he is with you, but maybe a gentle conversation about the need to do interesting things together on the other weekends or you end up not doing nice things together at all. Having a full on job doesn’t help either because you need to rest up at the weekends. But actually doing stuff is as good as a rest because it enables you to step down and away from work and can be healing psychologically. If you’ve moved for a job where you’re in a leadership position you don’t make friends at work, even though you can become close to people.

Is there a nice leisure place you could join, even if you don’t do gym stuff you can swim or sauna, do a low key exercise like Pilates or yoga or lounge about with other people. It sounds as if you should try to find something you like doing or contribute to that isn’t work and that you can join locally, so you have a group of friends independently. I need to do more on this myself. Otherwise it seems your life is largely work and recovery and family commitments. You can only get fed up with that in time. And not great for your relationship either. You sound very tolerant to me!

My life has really changed over the last few years at weekends. We used to be very social and lived in an area with a lot of friends. I am extrovert and like people and having a laugh. I have similar job issues to the ones above and my daughter is quite time consuming and needs quite a bit of support due to a variety of complicated reasons, plus I do like to see my small grandchildren. But I do feel life has become more family orientated than I really want all the time and I do think this has contributed to weight gain, cookie making with a three year old, cooking family meals (it is always me).

Really the trigger for eating too much is (childishly) feeling I deserve a treat. After all I have generally not been drinking midweek, I have been mostly careful with what I eat and I’ve been working quite hard too (somedays ha), so we go for a walk and then eat scones or cake out, or we go to the cinema or to a play, concert etc and eat out or have something ‘special’. Really these are excuses to indulge myself. Either having too long a lie in or eating things I know aren’t great but hey I can get back on track on Monday, so I eat that piece of cake, crackers with cheese, bacon sandwich etc.

It is tough getting used to a new area, put yourself out there a bit, I am sure you will meet some fun people xx

Angela, ps I live in an area crawling with brilliant bakeries…so unhelpful….

Hi Sarah,

I can only imagine how hard it is for you baking with your grandchildren. And as lovely as it is for you to spend time with them, I can imagine you need something for you also. If I lived in an area with lovely walks and brilliant bakeries I’d probably be indulging just the same.
    It sounds similar in that when you have downtime, it’s centred around food. Even a trip to the cinema usually involves snacks? For me I want to find things to do that I don’t associate with eating. Even if we went for walks I know I’d want to find a pub at the end and enjoy a lovely meal and glass of wine! πŸ˜‚

Yes I did move here with work, when it was just me and my cat. And then I met my hubby and his son and ended up staying. I don’t begrudge him his time with his son and I’ll confess to being such an awful person that sometimes I’m pleased when he takes him off to football as I find he can be a handful. Even if we play family games together, his son won’t allow me to win, I’m not allowed by him to come 1st in the family at all. That is a challenge for me even after 7 years. (My stepson is 9.) He does, however, let me in to help with homework or to mediate between them both. I’ve told my husband I need some more alone time with him to bond with him more as we get on great when my husband isn’t around. I guess it’s a case of 3’s a crowd?
    I did join a gym last year but it was far too hard core for me, and too expensive to only use at the weekend. I was thinking of starting an MBA or learning a language but I need to rest my brain. I like your suggestion of a health club so I can swim, use the steam room and sauna etc. I need to look into that. I’d like to find something more active to do with hubby when we haven’t got my stepson, as he doesn’t really have a circle of friends either to socialise with. We did have a chat a couple of weeks ago and agreed that rather than ending up doing nothing all day we’d actually start telling each other if we fancied doing something different.

Like you I’m an extrovert and love nothing better than socialising with people. I’m an army child and I grew up in Germany, used to moving every couple of years, making new friends and forgetting old ones, so I don’t have a wide circle of friends, just a couple of very close ones and in fact my parents are included in that. I think having had such a fabulous weekend with them last weekend has highlighted the boredom to me of my usual weekends.

OK, so after that wonderful therapy, thank you, I’m setting myself a new challenge for this Sunday which is to find something for hubby and I to do that’s fun and doesn’t include food. I’ll let you know how I get on. πŸ˜‰ xx

Angela, if it is any consolation you sound like a brilliant and very kind, lovely step mum. When I met my OH his son lived with his mum overseas but then came back aged 12 to live with us and my two children aged 11 and 13. It helped the children all got on but there were times when it was an extremely challenging dynamic.

And it is no wonder it can be tough – he is a permanent reminder of another relationship your OH had (not easy in those early being in love days) and for him you are a permanent reminder that his dad will never again live with him and his mum. You are navigating through that in a more secure and sensible way than I think I did. It takes a real adult to realise that it can’t be a competition about who is loved the best. The fact that you mediate between them (that ended up as largely my role as Neill got older) and want to bond with him is pretty special already. There must be something non sport you both like or you could do sometimes as treat with him such as a film but also things with the three of you so that you can make that three way stuff easier and he gets used to the fact that you are part of the fun and not just there to help with (horrid) maths, though heaven knows that’s a good contribution to make too!

Boys always hate it when anyone else wins. My 7 year old grandson is appalling if there is even a hint he might not win! What you are doing now will lay the foundations of a lifelong connection with him and maybe one day between him and your children. One day you will be so pleased you did make the effort. Xx

You’re very insightful thank you Sarah. And how did you guess I get to help with Maths?! Although hubby is also a bean counter… imagine the fun we have! πŸ˜‚

I might book for us all to go to a trampoline park or something on Saturday (no footy this week.) Let me try to convince hubby πŸ˜† xx

Angela, I hope you find something fun and low key to do at the weekend for you both, its probably just what you need!

Sarah, I need to address my weekends too. Im not working at the moment so I cant even say that Ive worked hard in the week and been good so deserve the treats! I want to enjoy each day but I do have to remember it needs to be balanced and if I want to continue to lose weight, I need to cut back in some areas.

I counted my cals today on MFP and I have come in at well under TDEE so thats a good result. Fast day tomorrow and will probably aim for a 400 cal meal rather than fluids only to help me with keeping Friday under control.

Ellies skin is starting to improve I think, so I’ll hold off with considering the vets until Friday.

Its gone very mild all of a sudden hasnt it!! Hopefully I will manage to get out and about tomorrow and Friday, to get some steps in, after being sat in front of the pc most part of the afternoon, working on a database!!

Anyone watch Trust me Im a Doctor tonight, it was interesting to hear about the fats and carbs thing….

Right need to get myself to bed as Ive been going to bed far too late recently and getting up late in the mornings. Now the days are getting longer I shouldnt be wasting them.

Catch you all tomorrow and fasters, lets stay strong together πŸ™‚

Kay x

Viewing 50 posts - 10,001 through 10,050 (of 35,468 total)

You must be logged in to reply.