Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,945 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 5 hours, 28 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,801 through 6,850 (of 35,432 total)

• Hi,

Forgot to say hi to symba7 and Vikathy. Thanx for your kind words.

The same goes to everyone else 😊😊X

Forgot to say to everyone thankyou for your kind words 😊😊. X

Hi All,

Back from football a bit hot for sitting.. he did well it’s his first season.

We went off to a small town loads of bric brack shops. Very busy today had a nice atmosphere with music playing, lots of garage sales but managed to have a snack lunch out.

KT..
    Sorry on your gain a few here struggling a bit, maybe think it through and give 5.2 another go.

Vi..
    Measurements are going down the right way so that’s got to be good.
    Hoping your day improves.

Ginette..
    Are you ok you are a bit quiet, enjoy Pams tonight.

Have a good weekend everybody can’t catch every post on phone.

Jean x

Hi all

Hey Vi, really sorry to hear you are having such a bad time at the moment. Xx i don’t measure myself at the moment so I don’t know what the expectations are of this but all I can say is that those seem very significant reductions…3.5 cms on waist…that must make a really big difference. And you are only 8 weeks in. You should feel proud you are doing so well and with such a tangible difference.

Well done Audrey. It sounds to me as if you feel back on track with another loss. I hope you are enjoying the girls. I know exactly what you mean re tension difficulties. Life never seems easy does it. I am certainly up for a healthy November in advance of Christmas.

Jean, I did laugh at the glaze ingredients. Enough to raise bloodpressure with anxiety. I am sure they were very tasty though. I love glass cake stands and actually there are times when cake is not just permissable but necessary so to have it beautifully displayed makes an occasion of it. I have one and tbh it is empty a lot (most) of the time (thanks goodness) but it looks nice empty on the worktop.

Hi KT we haven’t really met but I like most of us know what it is like to start off well and then fall back a bit. From what I read on the forums the only essential thing is to just put it behind you and keep on focussing on it, even if it is slow. I am not sure what diet you have been following. I am only 4 weeks in to 5/2 and this last week did 2 liquid fasts, defintely under 50 cals. This is not something I have done before or believed I could without some sort of total crisis, but a couple of us did them and I felt so much better knowing I was not alone. i was surprised by them firstly because I felt no more hunger than I did on a 500 cal day amd secondly because they have helped me not to overeat so much on my non fast days. Not saying I have been great on these days but I have been better. I have only lost a tiny bit over 7lbs (40 to go) but already feel so much more in control and positive. You sound a bit down and I understand why, but that can change so fast with just a couple of good days and we all know it is sooo worth it.

Ginette, hope you are ok. You support all of us so generously. Let us know how/if we can help you when you need it.

My little grandson aged 3 is staying with us for the night, asleep since 8. We have made cookies and played his favourite crocodile game ad infinitum. Basically the sitting room is a creek with islands and trees, no one dares out their feet on the ground for fear of the crocodiles who snap loudly and we have to save the bunny who is thrown on the floor at regular intervals. It involves a lot of sofa and chair hopping (him not us). We all get overexcited. Suffice it to say I have no trouble at all finding my inner child. Anyway I am rambling and need to sleep as I will have a very early start.

Take care everyone.

Hi Louise

Yes I’ve seen that it can be done with type 2 and the 800 cal diet is definetly the way to go, there are fantastic insulin and weight lost reports on the 8 week time frame.

I shall be really interested to follow your progress.

Hi Sarah

Yes I agree it is the non fast days that seem to creep up. I’m sure you will get it sorted out.

Hi Jean

Glad to see that you are still bring good, is Steve managing it as well? Enjoy your stay and save the treats for the weekends. I hope the weather is nice it was 11 degrees when I left Pams tonight, 12 when I got home, she lives inland a bit so it is always warmer here with the sea.

Yes I have been lax today….well yesterday now with the posting, but as you know if you have been here a while I often post late.

Hi Audrey

Months ago we put a fast beach diet on the calendar for November, I shall look up the dates and let you know. Well done on your loss X

Hi Vi

That loss seems fine to me, as long as you are going down all is well.

Hi KT

You were doing so well, I too have put weight on and I’m trying to get back to healthier eating. The 800 days were working out well for you, try all week 800 and then the weekend 1,500 this will still give you a good loss.

Is hard to get back on track…. Take it from someone who has experience!! Xx

May post again as I see there are some on the next page….

Hi Jean

I have been listening to a talking book all afternoon, I got really engrossed in it, an Amish murder mystery, a little different. This is why I am up so late, I just had to finish it.

Hi Sarah

Yes you really must measure, I hated doing it the first time, it is really nice to see the changes though over time. I also have an app called My Model you put in current weight or starting weight (this is what I did) you then put in goal weight and then you can put in losses once in a while. It is nice to see the comparison, these are all in simulated images, you build a model of yourself. It is really motivating.

The games sound lovely…..

Morning all

Quick post from me before we take girls to church. Glad everyone is ok, I am on a fast day today, and doing a liquid only on Tuesday if anyone wants to join me…

Sorry to post and run but must dash…. Vi hope you are feeling better today?

Love to all

Audrey

Morning All,

A beach morning for us with the children, early start as it will be too hot by lunchtime and no shade.

Ginette…
    Glad you are ok, I know you like your talking books.. lol.. hoping Pams better with her self.

I am trying to be good in my head but far from it. Everything is processed here way from my healthy eating! more so now I didn’t really know how much better I had got.

Wine gets put in my hand, lots, chocolate brownies cookies, pizza, ribs, apple pie with ice cream … I can see at least 7 lbs on.

Steve eats what he is given.. he’s on holiday and I have no control here.

Audrey..
    Enjoy the girls and maybe family meal today.

Vi..
    Hope you feeling better..

Minols..
    These Sundays do come round quick.. have a good one.

Sarah, Louise, KT, Karen, Lynda
    Hope you are all ok.

Have a good day

Jean x

H Audrey

Have a lovely time with them, hopefully someone will join you Tuesday, nor me though thanks…….

Hi Jean

Oh dear, well you will just have to cope with it when you get home, naturally they want to spoil you both as they don’t see you often.

Enjoy your time with them, worry about the weight when you get back.

Pam is about the same thanks. X

Hi ginette

Girls going home soon thank goodness. .. both of them a little upset have had tears this weekend let’s hope mummy and daddy have sorted themselves out…

I haven’t managed to fadt today ended up at McDonald’s to cheer the girls up… will fast tomorrow instead of Tuesday all being well

Keep in touch, jean just enjoy yourself and your family, life is too short… Enjoy yourself you can diet in November. ..

Audrey

Hi Audrey, I can’t do tomorrow but will be doing liquid only on Tuesday and hopefully Thursday if I can. I am really not surprised you didn’t do today with everything going on. Fingers crossed the situation gets resolved.

GInette, my model sounds amazing.

Jean, I am assuming you don’t go often? I agree it is not ideal eating conditions…but hey you are on holiday and it probably isn’t that frequent you go there. Hoping you can go with the flow a bit and miss as many meals as you can easily do when with family.

Vi, how are you doing?

Sarah x

Hi all – busy weekend, I’m afraid. Lovely day at shinty tournament yesterday with the boy and then with the in-laws for the rest of the day…brilliant! But coffee after dinner meant I was awake at 4am, so got up to get on with final prep for this morning…really heavy morning’s work – good, but a lot to hold together, so by lunchtime decided that I really can’t do FD if I start that early. I’ll start again tomorrow. Really need to as the dinner with my sister-in-law was awesome!

Vi – so hope your pain is easing a bit…it’s so debilitating. Take pride in your measurements…they are a slower measure than weight, and 3.5cm etc is REALLY good!
    KT – gaining is a nightmare, isn’t it…but get back on the horse. I keep coming back to that saying – ‘a year from now, you’ll be glad you started today’…even if it’s ‘re-started’, we’ll be glad of it!

Hi Louise – nice to have you around our corner.

So, who else is fasting on Monday with me?
    Mx

Hi All ,

Lovely morning at the beach ending up staying 5 hours, they did a bit of fishing off a pier nothing caught!!

Younger grandson playing a tag rugby match tonight.. so we will go and see him.. keeping it fair πŸ˜€.

Sarah..
    We only get to visit them once a year so I will fast hard when back..my shorts still have room in so ok up to now..lol..lol

Audrey..
    Have a good FD tomorrow..it’s hard going keeping children amused, hope things are settled more for them.. it’s a worry.

Minols…
    Always busy on a Sunday.. nice you had a lovely meal with sister in law.. fast another day and enjoy.

Ginette..
    Take care and have a nice Sunday.

Vi..
    Hope your pain is under control and feeling better.

Love
    Jean x

Hi all
    Busy weekend here although nothing exciting, its just gone very quickly!
    Lovely day here so we went out for the afternoon and managed 6 miles walk in total.

Eating hasnt been too bad over the weekend….probably over TDEE but not really over eating.

Im feeling the cold this evening but as yet havent succombed to putting the heating on!! Dont know why Im holding out, its just something psychological that marks the start of winter and many months of the heating needing to be on.

My employer reference still hasnt been received so still no start date for my job, although I am attending a training course on Tuesday.

Audrey, hope the girls have managed to chill a bit and that things are ok at home when they go back. I dont blame you for not continuing with the FD with whats been happening. Remember its the joy of the 5:2 which you can fit around life and tomorrow is another day.

Jean, just enjoy your family holiday and get back to it when you are back home πŸ˜‰

Ginette
    I used to read a lot and listen to talking books, but not done so for a long time. I used to love loosing myself in a good mystery.

Sarah
    Have you recovered from the games with your grandson!
    I must admit I love visiting my family and playing games with my great niece, although she is 6 now and the games are getting more involved!!

Minols
    Busy day and weekend for you it seems. Im quite weird as I can drink coffee late in the evening and it doesnt affect my sleep at all. On the downside I dont get that pick up from a mid morning coffee either!

Vi
    I hope you are feeling a bit better and not in as much pain. The measurements you took seem great to me. Ive lost nowhere near that and Ive been at this since June.

Louise
    Welcome to our corner. Nice to have you on board. Its interesting to hear about your progress so far and it will be great to see how you get on.

KT
    You have done so well previously so you know that it works and you can do it. Once you get your head in the right place you will do it again and can just draw a line under the recent weeks.
    Why do you think you are struggling at the mo? Keep talking to us and hopefully we can pull you up and help you get back into it. Dont worry about whats happened recently with your weight…you know we all go through that loss, gain, loss thing πŸ˜‰

Im still trying to decide when to have my first FD this week…either tomorrow or Tuesday….but it will be a fluid only day.

Kay

oh thank you so much for such kind support
    it is so nice to come on here and read your words

you are all right about putting it behind and beginning again

not in that place yet

kay – the reason(s) are many which all tangled together into a mental health crisis
    things have been slightly better for a couple of days, but are far from being ‘right’

its crazy, yes, that I KNOW I did it, yet I cannot at the moment, but it is upsetting me every day

at least some days I now eat some healthy food

KT just keep talking to us and hopefully you will get back in the zone soon.
    In the mean time, just choose some nice tasty food and healthy when you can. And do some nice stuff to help you through this bad patch.
    K

Hi Audrey

Yes it really isn’t good when parents don’t get on, I remember that vividly from my childhood. The ended up getting divorced when I was nine.

Let’s hope they manage to hide it from the children better in the future.

Hi Jean

Just relax and enjoy then, enough time to get back to it when you return. You don’t want to let it spoil your holiday.

Hi Sarah

My model is free to download. It is good to see, really encouraging. I probably do it every half stone to a stone at the moment.

Hi Mino

I am fasting tomorrow, I went in to get some sale but I walked out with some ti gs that really aren’t good for me, I must do an online shop!!

Hi Kay

I used to read real books and sometimes I still do but mainly when I am away, I love the fact that talking books lets me do other things gs at the same time, be that cleaning, cooking, painting (must get back to it) or doing a jigsaw puzzle.

It will be nice when you have a start date, this is how my listening to talking books started, to and from work, if I travel ant distance I like them. I don’t do a lot now though.

Hi KT

You will get back there, try to improve small things at the moment, maybe write it down when you have made a healthy choice, small steps still get you there, it just takes a bit longer.

So it looks like it’s Ginette, Audrey and me today – anyone else?
    Can’t believe I’m up at silly o’clock again…ridiculous! My mind just can’t switch off with one week to go until I have 2 weeks off, my head is just full of everything I need to do this week…not that being up at 3am is any good, of course – no-one wants a minister chapping their door at this hour. I can’t gather all the children together for their harvest assembly at 4am!
    Because I’ve got 2 weeks off with the boy coming up, I’m going to do my FDs this week and then just try not to be too crazy over the holidays, have the last week of the month to settle back down again into the things, so I’m definitely up for a stricter November, Jean – I think it was you that suggested it?
    Oh well, might try kipping on the couch until the rest of the world gets up and hope I can get through a FD despite being up so early!
    Mx

Morning all

Fast day for me, aiming to do a liquid, my IBS is playing up a little it always does when I am stressed, so should be good to give my system a rest.

Minols hope you managed to get back to sleep. ..

Keep in touch, good luck for today my fellow fasters

Audrey

Good morning everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely weekend 😊. So it was weighing day today and measuring the old waist (will do other measurements for next week as I was a bit late for those this week). It has been 7 days since I started the 8 week sugar diet and today’s weight loss is 9lbs πŸ˜€ and an inch off the waist. I know this loss will slow down but I’m very happy and now even more motivated 😊😊. Downside of eating no sugar very bad evening headaches for a few days but they have gone now (thank goodness). Upside I’ve got so much energy, I’m bonding about like a puppy lol. Not sure how long it will last, but I’ll take it for as long as it does 😊😊.
    Good luck to everyone fasting today.
    Louise xx

Great result Louise congratulations I will do my happy weight loss dance for you! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Keep going

Audrey

Thanx Audrey 😊, here’s me joining you in that dance lol πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ.

Louise x

Well done Louise, thats great!

Im fasting today too and aiming for a fluid only….no Im not just aiming for fluids….I AM DOING FLUIDS ONLY!

Good luck everyone, remember Audreys words…together we are stronger!

Hey Guys

Still a lot of pain, at least a little better than yesterday. It’s my second FD. Had my strawberries. Will have my soup tonight. I had Thijs get me some manderines, those strawberries are getting watery and tasteless. I guess they’re getting to be out of season. At least I can have my crackers on Thursday =D Since I got ill 4-5 weeks ago I haven’t been able to use my arm-bike. But on Friday I got to do 35 min. Saturday 42 mn. Sunday none, because my parents visited and I was thoroughly out of energy. Today I did 60 min. That’s something, right?
    Are we going for a liquid fast tomorrow, guys? (Do my left over Modifast shakes count as liquids, in case I really can’t hack it on green tea alone – I’m scared, can you tell? πŸ˜› )
    Thanks everybody for being so supportive about my measurements, those numbers seemed low to me, but now I feel better.
    Listening to The lucky one

Hey Audrey
    Sorry for your grandaughters. Tensions at home are never fun. They’re lucky to have you so they can escape a little

Hey Jean
    I’d recommend just going with the flow, sort of if you can’t beat ‘m; join ‘m. Have as much fun as you can. That glaze sounded awesome.. Also, ever since I read the Southern Vampire Mysteries, I wanted to go to Louisiana. So, I’m jealous

Hey Sarah
    That game with all the jumping sounded so fun!

Good luck Fasters, and Non-Fasters
    Have a good day everyone

x

Hi Audrey

Stress needs to be got rid of in some way or another where possible, it isn’t always as easy as that though.

Having children upset isn’t good, being back at school will give them back a bit of routine though.

I found a recipe for you last night. You will need to work out calories. I would think that it is about 4 portions for me. You can use lemons instead and have lemon and lime pie.

My Slimming World Key Lime Pie Recipe

Prep time: 20 mins Total time: 20 mins
    Serves: 8

Ingredients
    1 packet of sugar free lime jelly
    4 fresh limes
    2 tsp powdered gelatine
    360ml zero fat vanilla yogurt
    200g zero fat cottage cheese
    6 tbsp digestive biscuit crumbs
    6 tbsp artificial sweetener
    Low calorie cooking spray
    Instructions
    Firstly make the base for the pie by spraying a pan with low calorie cooking spray and warming to a low heat
    Add the digestive biscuit crumbs to the pan until they become damp
    Remove the crumbs from the pan and press into a 18cm pie tin. Use the back of a spoon to push the crumbs to the edges and to pack them in well
    Place the base into the fridge until the filling is made
    Prepare the jelly according to the instructions on the packet and add the powdered gelatine and leave to cool
    Take the zest from three of the limes and then juice all four of the limes and leave to one side.
    Pour the cooled jelly (not set) into a food mixer and add in the lime juice and the yogurt.
    Strain the cottage cheese of its juices and add this also to the food mixer with the 6 tbsp of artificial sweetener.
    Blend all the ingredients together well until there are no lumps left and it looks smooth.
    Pour the mixture over the pie base and then sprinkle over the lime zest
    Place the key lime pie back into the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours (or overnight if possible)
    Cut the pie into 8 pieces and serve with a wedge of fresh lime on the side

H Louise

Well done what a great loss in every sense of the word!! Audrey and I use sugar free jelly and rhubarb as out sweet treats, rhubarb prepared with sweetners when we fancy something sweet. Just in case you feel the need…..

I remember the headaches from a program I watched, sugar free farm, probably available on you tube if you want to see it.

H Kay

Good luck with just fluids, Audrey is the best one to help you through this.

H Vi

Glad the pain is a little better. I agree this time of the year the strawberries can be watery, I also don’t like the tomatoes that are grown inside.

HI all – hope lunchtime is going well for everyone…especially Kay, Audrey, Ginette and Vi. Going to go liquid as long as possible today, but having started so early, i’ll see how I do! Feeling fine so far…

Vi – 60 min on the arm-bike is great. I’m treating myself to using the car today rather than walking everywhere. But once I head home I’ll be back on foot with the dogs and the boy – it’s really beautiful here today.

Take care, all.

Mx

Just a mid day check in…

I am doing ok just had an oxo cube and sugar free vimto.. half milk half water coffee to have later.

Keep going Kay and Minols we can do this like the 3 musketeers all for one etc…

Good luck to all fasting we can all do this one day at a time

together we are stronger

Ginette thanks for the recipe we are busy eating up plums at the min… I have got 3 kilos of them in my freezer also πŸ˜€πŸ˜€…

Audrey

Morning All,

Very dark here sun isn’t up yet… but the family are..6 am …start school at 7am. So very early.

We are looking to have a night away at Lake Charles about an hour away.. I think it sounds nicer than it is… but just to see a bit of the state. Mixed reviews here so go and see for ourselves maybe tomorrow.

Louise what great loss I think we all should join you… lol.. it’s hard cutting the sugar out as it in all sorts of things… We had cut down… until I got here ..lol

Have a good FD everybody wish I were joining you all.

Jean x

Hi Mino

Well done, I hope you last as long as possible.

H Audrey

The same to you….keep up the good work, yes I know you have lots of plums but I know how you like to incorporate the sugar free jelly into things.

H Jean

That is really early, I know they start early in France and do Saturdays there. What time do they get home?

I hope where you are going is nice, it will be a day out anyway. I take it you have a rental car?

Hello everyone!

Just popping to say hello, I’m Jess, I’m 26 and I don’t think any member of my family has ever left Yorkshire for the last several generations!

Nice to meet you all πŸ™‚

Hey everyone how are my fellow fasters doing? Keep strong everybody. ..

Hi jess pleased to meet you lots of support and help on here even though you are from the wrong side of the pennines hehe lol…πŸ˜†

Audrey

Hi Audrey
    I’m doing good so far only 99 cals just having veg and gravy for tea. Been busy today don’t think I’ve drank enough so water on board now.

Lynda x

Whoo whoo welcome back Lynda. …

There are lots of new people on here for you to meet. .. Glad you are back on board we have missed you!

A few of us are doing liquid only several others on fast day today so you are not alone. ..

I am fasting again on Wednesday if you want to join me?

Stay strong people together we are stronger

Audrey

COming up to tea time…for the boys, only! Usual easy deal – give them ribs which I don’t really like and I’ll maybe go and have an early bath. The good thing with having been up so early is that should find it easy to have an early night – what time is sunset?! Still have the dogs to walk , and I may let myself have a little stewed fruit and custard…bought a whole lot to take to my sister-in-law at the weekend but she ‘d done an amazing pudding, so we’ve still got 3 tubs of custard!

I’ll need to figure out another FD later in the week…except that I@m away for the next 2 days, and then the OH is away until the end of the week…need to give this some thought.

Keep strong, Audrey, Ginette, Kay and Vi. By this stage, we know hunger will soon pass.

Mx

Hi everyone,

Wow you are all amazing not sure I would be able to liquid fast.

Keep it up. 😊😊😊

Louise x

Hi everyone danger time for me now, getting hungry….

Keep strong we can do this, let me know how you are all doing,

Audrey

Hi all

What a lot of fasting today! And not that far off from bed time…well done everyone doing liquid. You know you can do it you’ve done it before. Keep strong, nearly there guys. You can eat tomorrow and I can not. Lol…gulp…

Enjoy your training day tomorrow Kay.

I have had an ok NFD, WILL be doing liquid only tomorrow and hopefully on Thursday. By the way did anyone hear about autophagy on the radio tonight, apparently now a fact, not just a belief by Fung and others that total fasting is really good for you. Body clears out dead cells etc, was trying to listen to it while talking to someone.

Well done Louise! 9lbs in 7 days. What a fab result.

Hope your pain starts to subside Vi. Thinking of you.

Jean hope you are having a great time. Lafayette, sound so glamorous.

Nice to meet you Jess and Linda.

Sarah xx

PS Horizon on a diabetes special at 8.30 if anyone’s interested. I certainly am. S

That’s me done for today.

Off up for early bath then bed… very successful day. ..

Hope everyone is doing ok. Be back tomorrow

Audrey

Well done Audrey!

Well done to everyone on your fasting day you all inspire me 😊😊.

Thanx for the info Sarah I will be watching that diabetes programme tonight 😊.

Louise xx

Well done fellow fasters!

Audrey…we did it!
    Minols…how did your evening go??
    Vi…how many FDS do you do, you seem to do loads!
    Ginette..how was your day in the end?

I’ve made it to with my fluids only. I had a splash of skimmed milk in one of my coffees today and 2 beakers of sugar free squash so I reckon about 10 cals in total. I wonder if you are supposed to have zero cals and just plain water to properly call it a full fast?
    Anyway I’m fine now and won’t eat until the morning. Going to watch the programme on diabetes too.

Lynda….great to see you back.

Welcome to our corner Jessica πŸ™‚

Jean…sounds like you are having nice time still.

KT…how has your day been? Did you manage to get out in the sunshine at all today for some feel good vitamin D.

K

I didn’t make a liquid fast had an Apple and some plums before i came upstairs!! ..

In bed safely away from food now. Still well under 500 kcals…

Well dobe Kay. Minols how have you got on are you still awake??

Back tomorrow I can eat then

Audrey

Hi All,

Well done to all the fasters you have all done really well..πŸ˜€

Jess…
    Welcome I am from Yorkshire too.. near Selby. Great corner this with lots of help and advice if you need any.

Ginette..
    The children start at 7.30 then finish school at 2.30 then have 2 hours of homework.. bless they are 7 and 10 years old. 5 days a week. Seem to do more than children in uk.

All is good here we are off away for two days so may be not on line.

Weather is so lovely just a bit too hot in middle of day. The meal times are still a nightmare but always have been.. Zack is having another football practice tonight so doing our own meal ..πŸ˜€.. should be good. Chicken, roasties and salad….

We are going with the flow and eating too much 😬😬😬

Take care everyone

Jean x

Morning all

We have decided to go to the caravan on Thursday. As we are on holiday the week after I may stay there. This will be the last holiday of the year and I am going to try and keep my fast days although a meal out is booked as it’s our wedding anniversary whilst we are away.

Hope everyone is ok good luck to everyone fasting today.

Together we are stronger

Audrey

Good morning everyone.

I watched the diabetes programme on bbc 1 last night which was very interesting and scary at the same timeπŸ˜•.

Every time I think about falling off the dieting wagon I will be thinking about the effects of diabetes will have on my body if I don’t get my weight and sugary foods under control.

Good luck to everyone fasting today.

Louise 😊😊X

Hi Louise

I watched it also I shut my eyes and muted the tv when they did the amputation. …

It certainly makes you think doesn’t it?

Still fasting here as yet will break the fast at lunchtime. …

Audrey

Hey Guys
    I’m on my Liquid Fast and so far it’s going ok, but I’m not looking forward to going to bed on an empty stomach. Any tips?
    So, this construction crew started pulling trees out and breaking up the pavement at all hours of the damned morning ( And that’s bad when you fell asleep at around 5.00, and it’s even worse when it’s going to be going on for 2,5 months. Months!! ) It’s even better cause they broke up the pavement in front of the building, it’s all a big sandbox – which means literally can’t get out. There are only two other wheelchair-bound people here, but they have hand-wheelchairs, so they can go over this tiny wooden plank they’ve laid out. As for me, not so much. Hoopefully it will only take a few days..

Hey Louise
    That 7 pound loss, I’d take it.

Hey Audrey
    You just had a couple pieces of fruit, still a win.

Hey Kay
    I routinely do 4 FD’s a week Sunday through Wednesday. But depending on if I break today I will do a low-cal day on Thursday, too. Just because I would have half a cous cous salad left over otherwise. Good job on your fast!

Hey Minols
    You did great, too

Hey Lynda
    Nice to see you. What’s your story, how much do you want to lose.

Hey Ginette
    Do you feel like you have a litte more control yet?

Hey Sarah
    Are you Fasting today, too?

Hey Jean,
    Just focus on the fun, if you slip a little that’s not the worst thing in the world. And everyone here is talking about a stricter November, so you can always join in. I’m a little worried about that, my birthday is in November. In my case that means,two very elaborate dinners where I’m not going to watch what I eat at all. So, not so strict for me

Hey Jess,
    Welcome, we’re a very friendly group here!

x

Hope everyone has a

Hi all

It’s VERY quiet on here is everyone ok?

I have had a nice day, busy cooking for the holiday but fast day tomorrow again for me. Anyone joining me?

Audrey

Hi all

Really well done yesterday. Audrey a bit of fruit could easily have been a fruit juice so liquid only! I am doing liquid only today. I see you prolonged your fast well into today. That is something I have not managed yet. I am normally eating something with my first cup of tea in the morning after a FD. Something for me to aim for. Oh I hope I have lost this week and not done too much damage on my NFDs! Just drinking my cup of veg boillion at 12 cals which I have in lieu of supper….

Vi, that might help your rumbling tum tonight. Basically if you have any stock cubes with boiling water over. Audrey does it with oxo and I have heard others say bovril etc. It is all the same sort of thing. I think it helps because it gives you a change of liquid and a bit of salt. You are doing loads of fast days…no wonder those cms are falling off!

Jean enjoy your lake trip and a bit of downtime.

I just keep saying I can eat tomorrow. I will treat myself to an oily bath and get to bed quick.

I agree with others the Horizon programme was good and scary. We are doing for ourselves what some people have part of their stomach removed to do!

Good luck to all those fasting tomorrow!
    Sarah x

Viewing 50 posts - 6,801 through 6,850 (of 35,432 total)

You must be logged in to reply.