Fat and 50

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CalifDreamer 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I started last week and if I can manage to fast for two days anyone can! I have virtually no will power when it comes to bread products or cheese. I’ve probably tried every diet going, lost it all and put it all on again… mine started with post baby fat but as he’s now 25 I can’t use that excuse anymore!
    A friend tried this and lost 4 stone in 8 months and has never been healthier so that inspired me to investigate one last time.
    I have lost 7.5lb this past week which is an all time record first week loss for me, hoping to keep the momentum at 1.5lb. I’ve got about 3.5 stone to lose although I will be happy with 2.5 stone!

Oddly I look forward to Fast days – does anyone one else feel like this?

Absolutely, Nickynak — We do look forward to Fast Days. Partly as a course correction and partly because we have some really good food on Fast Days which we enjoy.
    Great weight loss, by the way. You probably won’t lose 7.5 pounds every week [that would be excessive], so don’t be alarmed if weight loss slows. One figures to lose 1-2 pounds/week over the following months.
    Good luck!

50 was my “come to Jesus” age when I had a heart attack scare. Took off 70+ lbs and still have it off going on 18 years. I’ve used a variety of plans to lose and maintain a healthy weight. 5:2 can work very well as the foundation of a healthy weight loss plan.

One thing I’ve learned is that no matter what plan you are using a social network that supports you is a big positive toward success. Keep posting the good and the bad of your efforts.

How’s it going, Nickynak?

If you stick with 5:2, you can look forward to being Fit and 51.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.