Fasting for my skin, immune system issues

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Strawberry Blonde 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi everyone, so excited to have found this group. For many years now I have suffered with chronic eczema/psoriasis/interstitial cystitis/heartburn/flakey skin/And more. It’s been really embarrassing, uncomfortable, and often painful. I’ve tried every diet under the sun. I mean every diet. I know many if you understand what I mean. I’ve tried high carb, low-carb, Paleo, vegan, vegetarian, PKU, salicylate, alkaline, sugar-free, Mediterranean, Nordic, ornish, fruitarian, keto, raw, starch-based, FODMAP, BRAT, and omg so many more. The only positive to all these diets is I noticed that, while my skin breaks (especially around my mouth) regardless of what I eat, when I DONT eat everything seems to clear up. I’ve been attempting intermittent fasting for 16 hours every day and have seen incredible results. Really mind-boggling. Especially considering my doctors have thrown steroids, creams and pills my way but haven’t breathed a word about fasting. So anyway, I know this works but it is still a challenge for me to stick to. Weight is not really an issue, so it’s not my top priority. Is anyone else in the same boat? I’d love to know your stories and how intermittent fasting has helped you. Maybe we could help each other through this and track our progress together! Looking forward to hearing from other fasting, immune-system rebellion warriors. Cheers!

Hi – I have an auto immune condition (coeliac disease). I started this diet at the weekend (3 days ago) and am absolutely stunned at the changes. I normally suffer from severe joint stiffness and pain, especially early morning, and it has completely disappeared. My memory and ability to concentrate have also significantly improved. My skin no longer itches, and the hot flashes have stopped.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.