Fasting, Fitness and Forums for support

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sylvestra 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi, I’ve been doing intermittent fasting on and off (no pun intended!) for a couple of months. I find it tricky to fit around social plans or difficult days at work but in general have been managing 1 or 2 days of fasting per week. Am interested in how people fit it in around exercise? I’m training for a half marathon at the moment and not sure how safe/realistic it is to run on fast days? The other thing I’d like to know if whether people find the forums helpful on their fast days – I’m hoping I can resort to them if I feel I’m going to crack!!

Hi @hcc28 I have recently started following the ‘Couch to 5k’ running programme. I’m not aiming for any marathons but hope to do the ‘Race for Life’ 5k at some point. Baby steps…I have the best part of 50 years of not running to make up for! You are probably running harder than me – it wouldn’t be difficult – but I prefer to run on my fast days as I seem to have more energy then.

The forums are the best ‘go-to’ when you need support on your fast days…and other days too.

xx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.