Fasting Day Food Menus?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Here is the menu I’m doing, so far:
    vegetable broth (12 calories per cup) – 6 cups = ~70 calories
    vegetables (50 calories per cup) – 3 cups = 150 calories
    1 small apple (80 calories) – 1 apple = 80 calories
    plain rice cakes (20 calories per cake) – 2 rice cakes = 40 calories
    1/2 cup beans (120 calories) – 3/4 cup = 180 calories

What I’m doing is once I feel hunger, I’ll have 2 cups of veg broth, and then another 2 cups of broth later in the day. I’ll eat an apple around 4 pm. Around 6 pm, I have 2 more cups of broth, with 3 cups of vegetables and 3/4 cup of beans – it’s a filling bowl of food. I also drink herbal tea and water through the day. If I’m still hungry I have another 2 cups of broth.

My total is between 520-540 calories on fast days. I’m a bit over but my TDEE is 2300 calories, so I think I can allow myself the extra 20-40 calories. 🙂

Are there go-to foods you like to have on your fasting days? Would love to hear what people are eating on these low calorie days.

Judy…
    This is a way of life and it’s better to do what you will be doing for ever…make it more normal…it’s not really a diet….although you can do what suits you.

I had for yesterday’s breakfast, 3 large strawberries, Blueberries 11 cal, plum 40 cal and a cup of tea 15 cal…78 calories total…..On a NFD I add half a grapefruit and a change of fruit for the season….it’s still low in calories.

My hubby has 30 gr Porridge 113 cal made with half water and half milk (half a cup of milk 45 cals) and a cup of tea..158 cals total.

Yesterday for dinner.. 2 lamb chops 256 cal, lettuce 5 cal, tomato 16 cal, light mayo 35 cal, cold slaw a table spoon full 18 cal, cup of tea 15 cal..346 calories total.

For dinner we have 100 gr of protein, cold ham or any meat, lamb chops, pork chop, chicken breast, prawns, tuna, omelette …we find it’s nice to have something hot with a mixed salad.

A coffee or tea at lunch time. Try and have small portions on NFD s, we always have Fridays off after our weekly weigh in.

I have lost 28 lbs and hubby 17 lbs, although he was unwell in the year and struggled for three months. This is over 11 months, not quick but steady..😀

I hope this helps…..join one of the forums look around and find one what suits you, join in it helps for support, it gives you ideas…it can get very friendly you are all in the same boat.

X

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.