Faster in Holland

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TidyChick 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hello,
    I’m hoping to lose over 6 stone with 5:2 and low carb other days. The Horizon programme was amazing. I have always known the old advice was not right. Eg that if I ate breakfast I’d be hungry again by 11 whereas if I didn’t eat breakfast I really wasn’t hungry.
    I put on a lot of weight from emotional eating lately but now it has to go!
    Look forward to using the forum and the site.

Hello Speedy!

Huw gart het met u?

(You didn’t say if you were Dutch but that is what I can remember of a dutch welcome)

Welcome to the site-hope you find the support you want here. What you will definitely find is lots of posts to see how other people have done on this eating regime and how they cope with varying problems.

Hello PreciousBooBoo! Great name! I’m English but been here so long I feel quite Dutch 🙂 Met mij gaat het goed hoor!
    Yes, I’m just reading through the posts. Very interesting. I’ve only done two fast days but feel very much better already. I can imagine it could be quite addictive. Still better than my other addictions to choc and coke and crisps.

Speedy,

I am jealous of all the yummy salt licorice you have access to in Holland! Like you, I can’t really eat breakfast and am very much an emotional eater. The 5:2 has taught me so much about myself, as far as eating patterns and how to break them too.

Good luck in this new endeavor! It’s an amazing plan!

Hello Tidychick, ah, salt drop. It’s one of the typical Dutch things I have never taken up! Just as well or I’d be even heavier lol! I agree though 5:2 does give another take on dieting. Best thing is it feels as if it is something that you can do long-term, whereas all my many previous attempts went from extreme diet to eat everything! 🙂

Speedy,

The best is salt poeder! Not good for the waistline or blood pressure, for that matter! Good thing you haven’t taken a liking.

It’s awesome to have found something like 5:2, because it works! Going from extreme dieting to overeating is something a lot of us can relate to. I love the health benefits and think it’s funny/ironic that a “side affect” of fasting is weight loss.

Keep us posted as to how it goes for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.