Fast Diet not working!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sylvestra 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• After 6 weeks of strictly following the 5/2 plan I haven’t lost any weight, nor reduced my waistline. I really thought this idea would work, so I am very disappointed. I am a 69 year old retired teacher & am not particularly overweight at 75 kilos & 178 cm tall. My problem is that I have a “spare tyre” around my middle that measures 102 cm – the “Red Line.” For the past 2 weeks I have even missed out breakfast (oatmeal) so my daily calories must be less than the 600 allowed. Meals have been from Mimi’s recipes. I have a lot of will power, so haven’t eaten anything extra, I eat healthily normally anyway. Help! Cheers, Reg.

Please don’t despair Reg! I had a similar experience last year when I started at the same time as a relation of mine. She lost about 7lbs in the first 2 weeks and I lost nothing, then it started to come off. After about 4 months I hit another plateau, and nothing was shifting weight wise, but the body was definitely undergoing changes, shape, general health , fitness etc. then the weight started to go again. And so it continued in that pattern.
    If you read through posts on here, you will find that this way of improving your lifestyle works differently for different people. Check your TDEE. It may also be that since you don’t have much weight to lose, you need to cut down your fast day calories. Perhaps you should consider 4:3 or even ADF (alternate day fasting) to get you going, then revert to 5:2 later.
    I’m a year down the line, almost 40lbs lighter, and still going. Now and again I do 4:3 if I feel the need. If for some strange reason I don’t do at least one day a week, I really miss my fast days! It’s become a way of life for me now.
    Don’t give up! Good luck!

Hi is it better to do the soup for 4 days first ?

Thanks for the quick reply,kmck157. It helps me to keep up the determination. To tell the truth I find the fast days very easy so it won’t be a problem to keep going. I was just disappointed that nothing was happening, and it seemed pointless. I haven’t had breakfast & that will stay as the normal start to a fast day, and thanks Ree, I’ll go for soup tonight.

If that doesn’t get things started I’ll go for 4/3 and then alternate days if that doesn’t get things going. I have my own little gym out in my ‘Blokes Shed’ so I’m off out there now to spend a while on my elliptical trainer.

By the way, what does TDEE mean and how do I check it? Thanks again. Reg.

Reg TDEE is total daily energy expenditure–this is for non fasting days–and if you have been going over that amount it could explain why your weight hasn’t shifted. So I am guessing you haven’t read the book or this forum–information is power !
    up the top of the page go to HOW. and if you have an elliptical trainer that would be perfect for the fast exercise rountine.

Bit puzzled why would one want to do 4 days of soup??? that is going back to the old tried and didnt work way of diet thinking.
    all the best with your new found knowledge

@ree why would you want to do four days of soup first? Nowhere does anything tell you to do that. has someone told you to do this? it would be interesting to know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.