Excited Newbie!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Angie090465 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I am a 24 year old female from England. My current weight is 11st7lbs (I think that works out at about 73kg)

My goal weight is 10st (63.5kg) so I am looking to shift 21lbs by doing the 5:2 diet and exercise.

I’m hoping this isn’t too ambitious as I’ve only ever managed to get to 11st4lbs. My heaviest weight was 13st4lbs back in 2009.

Yesterday was my first fast day and I really struggled! I’m still undecided whether it’s best to do fast days at home or on working days! Yesterday I was at home. On the upside, because I felt so drained and headachey I was able to just lay down as and when I pleased. The downside was that I was surrounded by plenty of food left over from Christmas! I made it through though – my calorie intake was bang on 500 calories and I also went to gym. (I’m not sure whether this is a great idea? Perhaps this contributed to my exhaustion?)

I’m hoping that the headache and feeling lethargic was down to it being my first fast day? Please tell me this is common and that it gets better??

The only other issue that I had was bed time. I had my last meal earlier than usual and so by the time I went to bed my stomach was rumbling away keeping me and my poor boyfriend awake!

At the moment, my plan is to have low calorie soups for lunch. It’s quite difficult as I don’t have a kitchen at work so my choices are rather limited. Any ideas? I can imagine that soup gets VERY boring….

I’m going to try and limit weigh days to only once per week, although I know I’m going to be tempted every day!

Watch this space and WISH ME LUCK! <3

hi Highf and well done on your first fast!!

give yourself and your body time to adjust to this new way of eating, and it will get easier and more manageable! are you drinking enough fluids re the headaches?

I sometimes do my fast day at work, but really it depends how I feel, I am a bit like you, still 6 months on cant decide wether its better to fast at home or work lol!!

for fast lunches I may have a medium size banana and lots of water, or a couple of yogurts totalling 100 cals, ryvitas are good too and filling…

am sure you will get lots more ideas on this forum, good luck anyway and keep going!!

🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.