Excited and hopeful

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Wotsername 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hello! Good to meet you all! I did my first fast day yesterday! I went to bed with a headache, but otherwise it was OK. I’m looking forward to trying out some of the recipes, because I feel I’ve got into a bit of a rut food-wise in recent years. Looking forward to getting lots of tips here.

Ooh! Feeling like Billy no-mates now. No welcomes for me 🙁

Welcome! Don’t feel unloved! This isn’t the type of forum were their are people on it all the time! Did you drink plenty yesterday? I have been doing this for a couple of weeks and have felt fine! How did you organise your fast day? I eat porridge with blueberries for breakfast at around 7am the at 7pm have my evening meal. I often have fish or prawns with grilled mushrooms and lots of green leaves. And strawberries for afters. During the day I drink water, hot water with lemon and herbal/fruit teas. I even have the occasional black coffee which I have discovered I really don’t mind! Good luck 😀

Also I found when I first started doing this I was very aware of not eating during the day but you soon get used to the idea and it becomes normal! People have different ways of doing the fast – it’s about experimenting and finding what works for you. Also if you are still getting headaches, it’s ok to take a couple of paracetamol.

Good morning! I am new at this forum also. I have been reading all the different topics. They give a lot of good info. I started this diet 3 weeks ago. This is my 5th fasting day. I am doing fine with fasting. It is not for everybody, but I find that my inches are melting away. Try not to get too hung up on the number of pounds you are loosing, but pay attention to how your clothes are fitting. I have about 30 pounds to loose. I have lost 5 pounds. Try to stay busy on fasting days. I try to have 12 hours between breakfast and dinner. I also drink water and tea during the day.
    I live in Florida-USA. I am enjoying my new friends in UK. Good luck today! Linda

Hey wotsername,

You can do it! We’ve got your back.

And yes, it does get easier. I think part of it is mental–once you “survive” (ha ha) one fasting day, you know you can survive another. And then you don’t really even notice so much anymore.

I am currently on fast day 6…I’ve gone 19 hours without eating now. I would love to go for 22 hours today, because on Thursday, I am going to attempt to go 24 hours without any calories. I honestly think (based on my reading, especially of Joel Furhman) that it is best for your system if you can go without calories. I know Mike and Mimi designed this program so that it will be do-able for the majority of people, and that’s why Mike said to eat 500/600 calories a day. So, my plan is to refine my fasting days so that one day a week I go 24 hrs without eating, and then eat approx. 500 calories for dinner (then bed and the total fast is 36 or 38 hours), and then one day a week, divide up as I have been (eating lunch and then dinner, total cals. 500).

We can do this!

Welcome and Good luck Wotsername 🙂

I’m also new at this diet but it’s certainly working so stick with it. I still get headaches on fast days but I’m only two weeks in. Drinking lots of water and teas that don’t require milk helps me through the day.

I save all my calories for one decent evening meal but some find it easier to have two meals. Find what suits you best.

Hi all. I think for now I’ll go for the 2 meal option, and see if I get more used to fasting. Does anyone else find it difficult to” let go” and not think of calories on non-fasting days? I’m going for carrot sticks and low-fat hummous at lunchtime tomorrow, and chicken breast with a big salad tomorrow evening. Wish me luck,!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.