Easy foods for fast days

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Couscous 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• For breakfast: 1/2 banana with 1 TBS peanut butter = 145 cals. Good start for the day. Lunch: Fresh tomato slices with 1/2cup low fat Cottage cheese – 150 cals. Lots of salad and a little fresh fruit when in the mood, remainder of day. On fast days I think NO to carbs and sugars (except fresh fruit).

I’m 72 YO. I have been on the diet 7 weeks. Lost 12 lbs (187 to 175). Feel great. All blood work now OK! I had high blood glucose level and way high cholesterol. I’m still on Crestor 3X per week. I cheated once – went to dinner with friends. Didn’t go overboard tho. That week I held my own weight wise.

I would welcome any suggestions for easy diet day foods. I find it is easier to get on with eating simply and then forget about it.

Hi
    Well done on your progress so far 🙂
    An easy favourite of mine is poached egg on toast, I use Warburton sandwich thins, which are 100 cals per thin (2 slices)
    Lu 😉

Hi garypatt, in spite of becoming the posts boring old f**t, my fast days are proper porridge with fruit and a M&S Fuller Longer ready meal or their Count on Us ready meals. Four and a half mins in the microwave and Bobs your uncle, so to speak. Expensive but a lazy mans approach to fasting.
    Good Luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.