Does 6:1maintenance fasting give enough health benefits?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Does 6:1maintenance fasting give enough health benefits?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Couscous 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I have reached my target weight after 11months of 5:2 and am switching to 6:1 but am concerned that it won’t have the same health benefits? Should I just eat a bit more on non-fast days and continue with 5:2?

Please tell us your statistics, I love to hear success stories! I don’t know the answer to your query I’m afraid

shulay123 – I’m in the same position, just about to start 6:1 after 6 months of 5:2. (Kris, my data for you, 49, 6’2″, starting weight 14s 12lbs – weight today 12s 3lbs. BMI down from 27 to 22.1. Waist started at 108cm, now 90.5cm – which is well under half my height which was the 3rd target I set for myself (after 1) a BMI of 25 and 2) just seeing if I could get to 13 stone for the first time in 30 years).

I haven’t had any illness at all in these 6 months and my energy levels are fantastic compared to the last decade. I’m just going to experiment to see what happens on 6:1 – if I feel I need to revert to 5:2 every so often then I will. Overall I think it’s best not to worry about it too much and just see how you feel. Not scientific, but until there are some proper experiments to give results one way or another for the 6:1 approach I don’t know what else we can do.

or you could do 5:2 but eat more on the 5 days
    – cardiovascular risks will be down simply in line with your BMI and waist reduction, the cancer thing – we wouldn’t know but a healthy weight and well balanced diet caounts for a lot, as does feeling more energetic and positive.
    wx

Hi all, if you click on the Home page then click faq on top right side you will come into a list of questions. Almost at the bottom of the list you will find your question. Click on to see Michaels reply.
    Good luck to you all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.