Disappointed

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  anniemac 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• I introduced myself 1 day and 7 hrs ago and am so disappointed that my post appears to have been ignored. Whilst there is so much interesting and helpful information to be gleaned from this site, I had hoped that I would find some support. So if there are any others looking for a support buddy, I’ll gladly be yours if you will be mine.

Hi aniann, sorry you feel disappointed about your first post. I can tell you that most posters will have read you introduce yourself or have read your second post.
    Let me assure you that you do have the support of all who post here. You have joined a growing family of people who are interested in the positive benefits that 5:2 can bring.
    Every one is different yet all are the same in that we post our hopes, trials and tribulations for all to read, support and comment upon.
    Keep us all posted with your experiences.
    Good Luck.

So sorry you feel a bit disappointed aniann. We all read the posts, but dont always have a lot of time to reply. I myself try to keep up, although only been doing 5:2 for two weeks. I hope you will keep posting and I am sure we’ll all reply as and when we can. Good luck to you!!!

Hi Aniann, don’t be disheartened about no immediate responses. I’ve only recently registered to these forums a couple of days ago and have already found it very helpful. Unfortunately, restrictions on time doesn’t always allow for replies to all that one reads on the various forum pages. Good Luck and do continue to use the support that’s on offer here.

Thank you. Guess I was feeling a bit deflated. I’d just finished a 12 hour shift during which one of my colleagues was banging on about this approach as being a fad and refusing to listen. I do realise that everyone has very busy lives, me included. Thank you for replying 🙂

Hi aniann, I understand the pressure a 12 hr shift can have. Just a couple of comments regarding “Fad” diets. A Health Nurse at my new Doctors surgery past a similar sarcastic comment about the 5:2 diet “Just being another fad diet”. The fact that I do have some health issues concerning high cholesterol, stroke, cancer etc seemed to pass her by. She was in her late 50s, vastly over weight and as unhelpful as she could be.
    Following a comment made by another poster last night I watched a channel 4 programme, “The men who made us fat”. The comment I would make about it is that several in the “Diet Industry” admitted that the onus for being over weight rests with the individual while waxing lyrical about their own products that were sold from the outset as a weight loss programme.
    Those comments are to a point correct but as a result of his Fasting research Michael focused firstly on inner health benefits with a welcome addition of weight loss. He also recognises the difficulty that people have in coping with weight loss and fasting issues. This site helps deal with that and is free as well.
    As you come to understand posters you will see how each has different needs and thoughts about their individual goal but I think we all recognise that it is down to the individual to make this a lifestyle success. Plus we all have the support of each and every poster on this site and that means a lot.
    P.S. I am just off to work.
    Good luck.

Hi aniann. I have only recently joined this site and have had a few comments but all relatively quiet. I noticed some questions are very common so you can usually find an answer by looking through older posts, which is great!

On another point, I usually get distracted by my kids, so then don’t get around to answering anything! Oops! Hope things look better for you today. Good luck with fasting. 🙂

Hi, Aniann, from another Newbie!

I totally understand – I’ve learned in the space of a week to not to tell too many people I’m doing 5:2, because there’s a lot of judgement. Listen to your body, not the doubters! One will tell you if this works for you, the others are just mouthing off about something they have no knowledge of.

Hi Aniann,

I to am new to this forum, I havent posted as yet. I generally read what others have said. This is my second week of Fasting and have lost about 1 lb,(I have about a stone to lose) and generally feel slimmer too. I work long 12 hour shifts incuding day and night shifts.I have fasted on the days that I am working so was kept busy, however I fasted yesterday during the day prior to a night shift which was remarkably easy. I can say that I dont really feel that hungery and just keep drinking plenty of black coffee and water. I hope that I see a drop in weight this week too, and intent to stick to it to see the effects.
    I have recieved different responses to the fact I am doing the 5:2 but if it works then the only person that it effects really is myself and then any doubters can think what they want.

Thanks everyone. I fasted today, didn’t actually plan it until I realised it was 11am and all I’d had was black coffee since 7pm last night, so I just thought I might as well continue until 7pm this evening when I shall have a 500 calorie meal of quorn Bolognese and a green salad. I can tell you that my stomach has been crying for England but I’m determined.

Hi Aniann

Happy to buddy up and share mutual support. today is my first day too. Good on you for being determined. I shall take heart from that!

Hi Elphaba, buddies are good 🙂 I found the first fast day relatively easy, not so the second but I think that was my fault. Happy to say my scales tell me I’m 1lb lighter 😀

Hi aniann, I would like to be your buddy to, I would love to have a buddy!!
    If you want you can find me on facebook (Ans van Buuren, Den Haag) or you can mail me : anssies@gmail.com.
    I’m looking forward to that (can practice my english writing as well then 🙂

Sounds as if you have made a great start aniann!
    Keep it up and keep posting any tips and your progress as we all get inspiration here.

Thanks anssies, I have sent a friend request on FB as it’s much better. I often don’t check my emails for days. Lindyw I will post tips once I have some of my own. At present I’m just reading everyone else’s ideas 🙂

Isnt it just great how we can all rally round when someone asks………..great to see it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply.