Dieting at 80!!!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  hermajtomomi 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• I’m still reasonably active and like to keep up appearances, but am I mad? Magpie

Magpie, welcome to the forum.

Why would you be mad? As far as I know there is no age limit. My mom who is 82, is very interested in this new way of life. Anything that makes you feel better it’s worthwhile trying.

Just give it a try and see how it goes. The beauty of this diet is that it is so adaptable and you can change it to your needs.

Best of luck
    Stef.

Hi magpie……no you are not in the least mad. The age range on these forums is amazing and there is definitely NO upper age limit.

I will never be wearing a bikini again but I want to be around for my family for as long as possible so I am losing weight for my health as much, if not more, than anything else.

Age is just a number and we have the right to care about our appearance, our clothes and our health whatever our age.

You go for it, girl!!! x

Hi magpie… I can’t add anything to what sylvestra says. Of course you’re not mad. If so, the word would be a better place if there were more nutters like you!! There are those (not in this forum, I’m happy to say!)who think they’re old at 50 and they definitely should be made to stand on the naughty step every time they say: “when you get to my age…”.

Come March I’ll only be 7 years behind you and I’m still in there pitching, working (freelance, only I can fire myself on grounds of age)as well as studying and generally having a great time. Weight loss is one thing – says she who has taken nearly a year to lose 6 kilos – but some of the beneficial side effects on overall health are spectacular.

Welcome to the club!

amazing and why on earth would it be too late to try something new!

I hear 80 is the new 60 anyway 😀 (kriky I hope I got that saying the right way round lol – no offense intended if its backwards!)

Best of luck and good health

Welcome, magpie.

I certainly do not think you are mad; rather you are taking an active interest in your health and well-being, go you (go us all)!

Aud x

Hi Magpie, just want to say what everyone else has said really – it’s never too late and you are never too old for anything you want to do. Why should you give up on looking and feeling good just because of your age? I am 59 and, to be honest, one of the reasons I am doing this is so that I don’t turn into my Mum! Linda

Welcome Magpie and a big well done to you!

I think its great and I agree with Linds 100%!!

you go girl, enjoy and good luck 🙂

Hi magpie,

Something I forgot to mention is the possibility that 5:2 can help to guard against dementia. One of my own fears is of losing it mentally and I, and I know a lot of our fellow posters, take various measures to keep their brains in gear. It sounds as though you do too, another reason to warmly welcome you aboard.

Sadly, none of us can be sure we’re not going to succumb. If it can happen to the novelist and philosopher Iris Murdoch, one of the 20th-century’s great minds who in the end could cope with no more than watching the Telly Tubbies, it could happen to any of us. But it appears that Fast Dieting might just be another step we can take to stay safe.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.