Diet for Man & Woman sharing 5:2

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Purple Vegie Eater 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• To ease the process, is it ok to use the 500 calorie and add 100 calories so that we can eat the same thing? So on Day 1, I’ll add 1/4 c more cottage cheese (39 cals.) and enough strawberries (no fresh figs at the moment!) to make it an additional 50 cals. For dinner, 50 more calories of sushi?
    Any tips most welcome!

The 500 calorie limit is really a guideline. Go to the main page on this forum and do the calculation for each of you, BUT don’t put in you current weight but your HEALTHY GOAL WEIGHT. This way you will understand how much food you should really eat for the rest of your life.
    I researched our goal weights when we started 5:2 in 2013 and started us on this new wol, eating as if we were already at goal. The weight peeled off…we lost a combined weight of nearly 60kg (my current weight) in 1 year and have maintained it 5 years later.
    Don’t think of it as eating up to a certain amount, but totally changing your eating patterns. We are all individuals, but what, when and how much we eat controls everything.
    Look at the type of foods you eat (include mostly fresh unprocessed low gi high fibre), how often you eat (regular fasts, limited snacks, longer periods without any calories) and how much you eat (significantly cut the size of serves, don’t go back for seconds, never graze)
    5:2 will completely reinvent your life if you want it too.
    Having a fasting buddy is a distinct advantage. All the best. PVE

When my husband and I started, he had more weight to lose [I thought to drop about 5 pounds — more weight came off than that], so we both ate 600 calories/day. Just like PVE and her spouse, we both lost weight and have kept it off in the 5 years since.
    Sometimes, when my husband was recovering from surgery, he did not want to Fast. So I would eat my 600 calories and give him the same meal but with added bread or potatoes, or noodles. As PVE says, it is very adaptable.
    Good luck, jdtaos.

My TDEE is 1360 calories. On fast days I should only eat 340 calories. If I ate 500 I would not maintain my weight nor would I have lost the weight originally.
    Remember you do not need to feed yourself more because you are currently overweight (or obese), exactly the opposite, you need to eat like a healthy, slimmer, you from the start.
    Of course, as you become experienced you learn about your body’s realistic needs. If you eat a healthy diet you naturally start to understand if you really “need” to eat or just “want” to eat. 😉
    Look around you at what people are eating. The overweight are usually eating, no matter what time of day, and often inappropriate foods. Slimmer, healthy people don’t eat nearly as often, eat less and choose healthier foods. Of course, we all choose unwisely occassionally, but doing this daily will result in an unhealthy body.
    Find a wide variety of fresh foods you will both enjoy eating…start with tasty leafy greens..add some healthy fish and limit white carbs (bread flour, sugat, rice, pasta, potatoes). Increase berries and nuts. Eat full fat dairy, no added sugar or artificial sweetners. Your taste buds will love you. PVE

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.