Day One – Proper

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  eat4life 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• I tried 5:2 for 3 weeks before I went on a weeks holiday. It was easier than I expected so today is day one of my new life. I have approx 3.5 stones to lose and I know it will take a long time. I have a supportive partner who is very active and he is doing the healthy eating bit with me but not the fasting. Here goes …..

Good luck, my (and husband’s) first day today. I have a large amount of weight to lose and am a bit sceptical about results which, in the book, seem to hover around a stone or so, in fact Mimi Spencer in a article in the Daily Mail said she has gone from a 12 to an 8. Help!! a size 12 would be heaven. Anyone else feel this.

hi – I am on week 19 and have lost 18 pounds so far – am kind of ‘stuck’ at the moment but i’m sticking with the plan as I think I’ve been over eating on non fast days – on fast days I have found that because I don’t have to think about food I am not hungry and actually enjoy the feeling of ’emptyness’ which is weird and most unlike me – I too have a lot of weight to lose – would like to lose up to about 5 stone if possible and I am viewing this as a long term way of life – it seems to be working for me because it removes food from the equation and I can be ‘normal’ for my non fasting days – I have found that my appetite is much reduced and I can’t eat as much as before. I also think sub consciously I am thinking about what I am eating and not snacking quite as much. So stick with this and good luck – I will be happy with 1 lb off per week for the next couple of years to get to my goal – I already see my tummy shrinking!!

Hello

I’ve made a start today too, so just thought I’d join the thread and wish you good luck 🙂

I’ve 2 stone to loose to get to a healthy BMI, and I’m also using “Weight-wins” as a financial incentive – To get the best financial return I have to lose a smidge under 7 lbs per month. I’m not quite making it, so I hope this will help.

Like most, weekends are my weakness, and so I’m hoping this will make it ok to enjoy meals out and compensate during the week.

So far I’ve found that natural yoghurt really helps make you feel full, and berries are busting with flavour and goodness, and are so low in calories they make you feel quite virtuous!!

Good luck 🙂

Hello

I have been on the diet for 4 weeks now, and not really lost any weight. I have got at least 1 stone to loose. I was wondering if i could do 3 Fast-Days, Would this help at all? Also, How do you stop going crazy on the Non-Fast days? I am sure that i eat too much on those days!!

I would appreciate it if someone could give me some advice on this

Thanks

Kathryn fife,

I also find that my appetite is down on food days(I’m on week 4), and that the fast days are much easier that I expected. I’m in it for the long haul, and will be thrilled if I could loose 1 lb per week for the next 6 months or so. It took me 25 years to pile on the weight, so I don’t mind if it takes a year or so to shed it 🙂

Good luck to all us beginners on the 5:2 plan! So far, it seems to be working for me. Tummy is shrinking… 😀

I found when I did my trial that writing down everything I ate and drank every day helped – I didn’t calorie count on non-fast days, although I did try and do some portion control, I could then look back and see where I went wrong – so I’m doing that again now I’ve restarted.

Yesterday was my first day, and it went well. I had two small meals..one at 10:00 in the morning and 6:00 in the evening. This morning showed at 1 pound loss, but it’s probably water. Anyway, I was not ravenous and ate my normal oatmeal breakfast. I feel fine. I am tracking on MFP because I love that method of logging calories and have been on it for a month. My goal is to eat 1800-2000 calories of good, plant-based foods and healthy fats. I was not eating junk before and have no plans to start just because I fast 2 days a week. I’m praying this is the jolt I need to get my weight moving downward!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.