Day One

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MoliJ 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• After reading a lot about the 5:2 diet and becoming increasingly concerned about my post menopausal expanding waistline I have decided to try the 5:2 diet. Today is my first fast day. I am determined to succeed with it. I have about 2 stones to lose. Wish me luck.

Welcome! And it has nothing to do with luck and everything to do with determination and perserverance.

Many of us here have been down this road for many years, have been up and down several pounds/kgs, and have learned a few tricks. Personally, I have lost and kept off about 35 lbs (turned 55 yrs old this year) and just again went below 150 lbs.

After initially starting 5:2, then 4:3, I also went low carb, having learned that carbs/sugar is the REAL culprit behind what keeps the fat on our bodies. Especially as we age, we don’t need it to function, and it does so much damage. We are so much healthier without it. It takes a week or two to adjust to using dietary fat and protein for energy but once you do, there is no turning back! The fat just melts off, literally! And you have total control over your body.

So, baby steps! Everyone here is so supportive. You will do great.

Thank you Fitnfast. Looking forward to the fat melting off 😀 Luckily I am a big believer in home cooked food, so I am hoping I will be able to control my sugar intake. I am going to find it difficult to give up the wine though 😇

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.