Day after first day on Fast Diet

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• I started the fast diet yesterday – had a pretty good day and didn’t find it so hard as i thought. But, today I am feeling rubbish! I felt weak and tired when i woke up, thought it would pass once I had breakfast. I had a bowl of porridge but I still feel weak, tired and hungry 3 hours later 🙁 Is this normal? I can’t even concentrate to do any work today. Is there something I could eat that might give me an energy kick? maybe I should go and eat a ton of sweets (no maybe not!) any advice would be very appreciated before I completely flake…

Hi Molly69 and welcome. Can’t really advise on your weakness as never felt like this after fasting. In fact don’t normally even feel hungry the morning after until later. If you look through the forum you may find some advice as others have found this. All I can say is for me and countless other people it is a fantastic lifestyle. Persevere and you will see the benefits. Fast well and keep us informed of your progress.

Hi again look through benefits and side effects, there may be something in there to help.

Hi Molly,
    I don’t often wake up hungry but once I have eaten its like whoosh. I am SO hungry I feel weak and agitated. It is usually after my 2nd fast day of the week. I just have something more to eat. Breakfast at half 7 then again at 10ish. Then I am settled till mid arvo. Go with what your body is telling you. Also find this on the forum. It may be helpful:
    Are you tired/drained the next day after fast?
    Home › The Official Fast Diet forums › Mind › Coping strategies for hunger › Are you tired/drained the next day after fast?
    Cheers

Hey Molly, also don’t forget porridge is full of carbs, and carbs can make you feel more hungry! Your body uses them for energy but then usually just goes “ok, where’s the rest”?

When I feel hungry and weak-ish I usually rather go for a boiled egg or two with some salad, this fills my stomach a lot better (protein gives you a satiated feeling a lot longer) and my body doesn’t immediately scream for more.

Let us know how you felt after your next fast day!

thanks for the advice all – I really didn’t feel myself all day, I was irritable too 🙁
    I was going to do my second fast today but delaying until friday because I thought maybe I should let my body come out of it’s shock status its apparently in!! I will look at the other forums & avoid carbs satuday am too.

Delaying your fast day isn’t a bad thing, just keep it within the week 😉 Keep us posted!!

well I did my second day of fasting yesterday and today – i feel fine!! Yay! I am so chuffed that I am going to be able to do this 🙂 yesterday was easy and I even went to two job interviews and cleaned the house top to bottom. I wasn’t lacking in any energy at all. I don’t feel grotty today like I did the day after my first fast, so I am vey relieved. I am actually quite excited now, the idea of losing some weight really feels possible now and I have struggled to do so for so many years on other failed diets. These forums are so helpful too and it’s so nice to have support from other people all doing the same thing 🙂 🙂 thank you all x

You know it may not have been the diet that made you feel like that the day after your first fast day….you may have just been a bit ‘under the weather’ anyway. It’s very easy to blame the diet for all sorts of things it’s just not guilty of.

Haha that’s very true Auriga. And good to hear your second fast day went so much better Molly! Keep at it and soon you’ll forget what it was like not to fast.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.