Day 3

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tickatape 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I woke up this morning feeling hungry and knew that today’s fast day was going to be hard. I had half a grapefruit & 1 boiled egg for breakfast. Salmon & veg for supper.

it’s only midday but I am SOOOOOO hungry !!! have been drinking lots of water, coffee & tea. Day 1 & 2 were so easy in comparison.

I am motivated, I lost 5lbs in the first week, so I am thrilled, but I am really struggling today….all I can think about is food !

any suggestions ?!

You need to go and do something that takes your mind off the food. It does get easier, honest, but not easy. I’m in my 12th week and am coping well, but some days I want my supper at 4pm, so I hold out til 5pm and then have an early supper before 6pm, remembering all the while that tomorrow I can eat normally. Knowing it’s just today really helps. Go and do something that will keep your mind really busy, or go for a walk, or phone a friend, or tackle a job you’ve been putting off. Good luck!

Yup, I know that feeling. Humphrey is right, try and do something that’ll take your mind off food but failing that and sometimes it does fail either melt a stock cube such as oxo for a hot drink or whizz up some steamed vegetables with salt, pepper & chilli or curry powder. I find that if I add some hot spices it helps. Sometimes though I try and put things off hour by hour, so I will have some veg soup but not for an hour. I wait and see how I feel and if I can, I wait another hour. 🙂

on my fast days i have some buillion at lunchtime. as it tastes of vegetables it makes it a bit better than just black coffee. my 3rd day was difficult and tbh i did eat more than i should have at dinner.

this is my 4th fast day. i know i will get hungry about 4pm. i try and ignore it but it aint easy.

hang in there!!!!

I am at work, so in theory busy, but in practice those cravings….. but I decided to bite the bullet and met my sister for lunch at one of those well known sandwich places which I love !

I had a green tea, she had a soup, but we were so busy gossiping about her love life it didn’t bother me, and now although I am hungry I am feeling I am over the hump and it’s down hill now to my yummy supper….

thanks for the oxo/buillion suggestions – definitely a good idea.

so great to have this forum for inspiration when you’re on a down moment…..

Hi tomtommum 🙂 I found when I first started fasting it was quite prominent in my mind which made me feel I was hungry at times. 5 weeks in and it seems like second nature. In fact a few times I have totally missed lunch on non fast days because I’ve been busy and hadn’t realised! I drink water, lemon & hot water, green tea – I drink more of these most days now. I have been someone who didn’t drink enough! Good luck (not that you need it!) 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.