Day 3

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Paula Jayne 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I started last week with one fast day and this week have fasted yesterday and today, as my husband has decided to try it too and could only start today. I had intended fasting tomorrow, but thought I’d join him today, otherwise I don’t think I’d have tried to do two consecutive days so early on. Overall, no ill effects other than a bit of a headache (no caffeine) and feeling a bit tired. I think the tiredness is due to having two very poor night’s sleep last night and the night before due to the heat and humidity, rather than the fasting. I’m weighing myself on Friday (after two normal days of eating) so it’ll be interesting to see if there is a loss. I’m normally pretty active (walk 8 miles minimum a day) and eat low fat, so I am hopeful.

You are not supposed to fast on consecutive days…

Hi, toshtogo – Please would you give more precise details of any passage you’ve read in ‘The Fast Diet’ book that says ‘You are not supposed to fast on consecutive days…’ as that’s not my understanding of the 5:2 method. Best regards.

paula jayne,

wow 8 miles a day impressive. even on fast days?

of what i remember michael says headaches r caused by not enough water

wish u & ur husband continued success.

toshtogo

welcome, michael and mimi have said u can do it anyway u want. whatever feels better. success

Have some black coffee for the caffeine headache – or add 1 TABL half and half for 20 calories.

Hi all, thanks for the encouragement and also advice re: headaches. Don’t worry about the consecutive days Toshtogo – nowhere does it say you can’t do that and I’ve read that others do (anyway, it’s a one-off due to circs – my preference would be to space them out). I’ve just had dinner and couldn’t eat it all! Back to normal eating tomorrow. All the best to you all. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.