Day 1!!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  jojomac1 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Hello fellow fasters! I’m new to the forum πŸ™‚ Just saying hi from London!

Is it just me, or having food images on the sidebar isn’t exactly helping!??!

You’re right, fashionista! At least it’s pictures of healthy stuff they’ve put on there rather than a huge doughnut or plate of chips! How are you getting on with the plan?

Welcome. I avoid looking to the side when hungry, it can seem a bit mean πŸ™‚

Welcome fashionista, best of luck with your diet plan.

Hi everyone!

Embarking on day one tomorrow …

It’s great to be able to share journeys. I’m always dieting and at the end of the road with it. Start well but wasted effort so maybe a completely new approach and if I loose weight along the way bonus.

Keep you posted once I complete day 1. Is there anyone else trying Monday and Wednesday?

Hapydaz

Hi happydaz

Good luck for tomorrow.

I fast on Mondays and Thursdays so that I get at least two days off in between. It’s really just whatever suits you best and you can move them around of course.

Good luck happydaz! I tend to do Monday and Thursday but they’re not set in stone. The beauty of this plan is the immense flexibility it allows. I have found, however, that if I only have one ‘normal’ eating day between fast days, I really struggle with the second fast as the hunger becomes much more difficult to bear. If I have two or three days between fasts I don’t have so much of a problem. You may find you need to try various things over the coming weeks to see what works best for you. Let us know how you get on πŸ™‚

@fashionista
    “Is it just me, or having food images on the sidebar isn’t exactly helping!??”

It may not be just you, other people are having adverse reactions.

Looking at Your Friends’ Food Pics Could Ruin Your Appetite

http://www.newsy.com/videos/looking-at-your-friend-s-food-pics-could-ruin-your-appetite/

➰

Hi all,

Just thought I’d write my first post – I’m half way through Day One which is also a fast day and am feeling excellent! Had some rice porridge with blueberries for breakfast and nothing until later tonight when I will have soup and a bunch of steamed vegies. Surprisingly I’m not hungry. I’ve drunk heaps of water and herbal tea to get me through the usual morning tea and lunch time feeds and have only had a minor tummy grumble the whole time.

I’m a fairly healthy and active person but just need to lose another 6kgs or so and I will be at my goal weight, which I have fantasised about for ages but whenever I’ve gotten close to it, I’ve always fallen off the diet wagon. The health benefits associated with the fast diet aside from weight loss is what really got me excited to start.

Even though this fast diet is brand new to me, since I read the book over the past week I have already noticed my thoughts changing – I’m nowhere near as preoccupied with when I’ll next get to eat than I used to be.

Anyway off to a great start so fingers crossed! Any tips feel free to share!

Thanks,

Thamis

Im doing monday and wednesday too, find it pretty easy so far, I picked them purely cause its the two days that I never have anything planned it terms of meeting friends, going for dinner etc. Good luck to you. Im on my third week. Quite enjoying it, always feel great the next day. Waiting til week four to weigh myself though so hoping for good results. Gd luck and keep us posted on how you get on.

Hi everyone,

I have done my first fast day today and I was so surprised how far 500 calories does go! It certainly makes you think smarter about spreading out the calories. I still managed to have three meals and haven’t been hungry at all, only craving my chocolate!

Good luck to you all.

Jo
    Australia

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.