Day 1!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LJoyce 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi. Just registered on the website today. I’m a 59 year old lady from the UK and have decided that it’s time to get healthy. I’ve spent the last 18 months slowly gaining weight mainly due to comfort eating. Today is my first fasting day and I’m trying to keep busy and not think about what I’d be eating if I wasn’t fasting! My plan is to have a very light supper at around 6pm tonight. Only 5 hrs & 45 mins to go. Not that I’m counting ;-)I’m sure it will be trial and error over the next few weeks as my body gets used to the change in my eating. I don’t usually eat breakfast so decided that I would fast until this evening. The sun is shining here and I’m going to go out and do some gardening to keep myself busy. I’m determined to stick to this and hope that by being in touch with other people in the same situation as me will help. OK, that’s my introduction over with. Off to the garden now.

Hello CazD,
    It sounds like you are taking a good approach to your first fast day. Distracting yourself should really help – any thing that keeps you away for the kitchen is good. I personally find that just eating an evening meal on a FD and skipping breakfast and lunch is the best schedule. I do have cups of tea as I need them throughout the day.
    I hope your first day continues to go well.

Thanks LJoyce. Well, I managed to last until 6pm. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I did have a few moments of food taking over my thoughts but just had a drink of water or black tea and carried on keeping busy. I was pleasantly surprised to find that a salmon fillet and lots of green salad was very satisfying. I also had a few blueberries for dessert. I’m now planning what I’m going to eat tomorrow! 😉

Hey there, @cazd ! We are new together. This is my first MON FAST DAY here across the pond and then across a country, here in Oregon, USA.

I’ve learned a couple things right here and otherwise that I think will work for me, maybe for others:

1. For MON FastDays – Eat dinner at 6pm on Sundays then start FAST. Plan to have dinner tonight at 7pm . Or So Or So about the times but you get the picture. Today, I’ll have 500 cals to burn throughout the day before dinner. (!!!). Almost seems like cheating but I learned this here !

2. Eating LOW CAL DENSITY foods today – plenty fresh raw vegies and some fruits, so there will be a lot of chewing : ) Can add non-fat organic greek yogurt or kefir and add frozen or other berries to this and still stay low in cals. Drinking kombucha and kevita mixed with Perrier which is real low cal.

GOOD LUCK with this !
    Ah-tee

Hi Ah-tee. Thanks for your reply. It’s good to know that I’m not alone with this. My first day went well. I stuck to my plan and I survived it 😉 The most difficult part of the day for me was evening time. I generally snack whilst relaxing with a book or watching TV. That’s something that I’m eradicating even on NFDs. I know in my mind that I don’t NEED food at that time but it’s become a habit that I need to break. Good luck on your mission!

Ah-tee,
    Not sure if I’ve understood you correctly. Are you saying that you are eating 500 calories throughout the day on a fast day and then eating dinner as well (in addition to the 500 cals)? If so, that’s not a fast day. Read the FAQ on this site. A fast day is 36 hours not 24. The 500 cals has to include your dinner calories.
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/michael-answers-frequently-asked-questions/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.