Day 0

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Puny 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Somehow I’ve let lots of fat gather around my stomach, feels like I’m carrying a little man around in front of me and he will kill me if I can’t cast him off. I have a cardiomyopathy and had a nasty night earlier in the year when I thought it might all be over.

Twenty odd years ago I lost a ton of weight on the ‘Rotation Diet’ which has a certain minor similarity to this, but didn’t involve proper fasting on the off days. Subsequent attempts to use this have born the usual problems with dieting… just hard to fit into real life and so on.

While I don’t want to simply blame another person, I’ve found that being in a couple has been one of the biggest reasons I’ve failed at dieting in the last 12 odd years. When I’ve wanted to diet, she hasn’t and vice versa. Then I get criticised for over eating and so on, a source of big arguments. It seems to me that maybe on this one its easier, she can go ahead and eat, and I can just have a day more or less off food and booze.

I had to fast two years ago to prep for an endoscopy and it was basically cups of bovril and dishes of fruit jelly that was all I could eat. After 48 hours I felt a big energy boost, so I know I can hack this for a day.

The challenge is increased by the fact I work at home a lot of the time, the fridge is never far away.

Wish me luck, I have got more than 50lbs to get rid of a BMI of 37.8 and so on. Any improvement is probably worthwhile. I need to be 2/3 of the man I am today.

Good luck with it PhattFotograffer! Trying to follow the plan when being at home is indeed challenging. I’m a teacher and find it very easy to fast when I’m at work, but the hunger drives me mad when I’m at home! I’m almost looking forward to the start of term next week so that I can get some distance between me and my kitchen 🙂

Hi PhattFotograffer. I only work a 3 day week and do all my fasts when I’m at home. Some fast days are more challenging then others but I’ve found that the urge to eat, hungry or not, is satiated by having a jug of home made vegetable ready and waiting. I just blitz chosen veg (not potatoes) add a stock cube and water of course, a few spices and that’s it. Comes out nice and thick and the warmth of the spices helps stave hunger. Of course if you are doing a total fast it’ll just have to be lots of water. Good luck 🙂

Just know that you can do this. Plan those 600 calories ahead of time and hydrate. Distract yourself as much as possible .
    Don’t be a slave to the scale , grab a tape

Welcome PhattFotograffer

It’s nice to see so many new starters. I think we will all be able to encourage each other as we make our various journeys.

I’m also at home all day but I find it easier than being in an office full of people snacking etc.

Good luck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.