confused

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ladybird53 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi their.
    This isy my 3rd day on the 5.2,i had 500 cals monday 500 tuesday,today i have only had about 900,i calculated my BMI etc with the on line tool,it says that i should basically eat 1958 on normal days??????????? is 1958 calouries?surly that is to many to loose weight.i am confused with this,all i want to know is how many calouries i should eat on none fasting days……….please help/x

well, I think the idea is that if you cut 1500 calories twice a week and can do whatever else you can to burn some calories as well, you should be able to eat the TDEE the other 5 days and lose weight. The old 3500 calorie deficit theory per week will lose you 1 pound seems to work! Treat yourself and get as close as you can to the TDEE and see what results after a few weeks…1000 calories on a non-fast day might be hard to sustain and also defeat the 5:2 purpose as well… give it a try!

If you eat 1958 on eat days, and only 500 on fast days on average you’ll be eating just over 1500 calories on average. That is definitely little enough to lose weight.

But part of the beauty of fasting is that on fast days you’ll burn fat, rather than slowing down your metabolism as you would if you ate 1500 calories every day. That is why people lose so well on 5:2.

So the answer is eat normally on eating days, ie 1900 to 2000 calories and 500 on fast days you’ll lose weight. If you can also stick to healthy food, especially avoiding sugar and refined carbs (white flour etc) you’ll do really well.

Thank you for your replies,yes what you have both said makes sence now,This is my 4th day and i weighed myself this morning just to have a peek and i have lost 5lb since monday but saying that i have not eaten all the calories i should be eating and i am trying to fit in some excersize like riding my bike ,walking.I will see how this goes,i think i will eat only when hungry and try to do it that way.i have 2 and half stone to loose.good luck with your weight loss.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.