Chef in London tried fasting! Eek

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi everyone! Today is my 1st fast day ever and it’s great that there is such a supportive community and wealth of resources. I’m a chef and so far it’s been a pretty tough day, but I’m getting there. I’m pretty confident I can get to 24 hours on 500 cals, but the other 12 hours is a little worrying. I’ve got headaches and lethargy to battle with, but at least I’m not alone, and reading your stories, it looks like it’s gonna get easier.

Good luck on your journeys!

Welcome Scottish Lass, good luck with the rest of your fast day. If you are working I can imagine it makes it hard. Just get through it if you can, and then you can think of some strategies to help next time. The point of 5:2 is to make it ‘doable’ so it can fit easily into your life. Don’t forget to drink lots of water. Thin soup can be good too. Sending good wishes.

Scottish lass…
    A drink of oxo or Bovril helps with headaches..it’s lacking in salt ….or try with a wet finger dipped in salt eat a couple of times…

Good luck it gets easier after a couple of weeks..

X

It has to be tricky for a chef – if you don’t taste it how do you know it is right? How do you count the cals in a day of tasting what you make for others? The headaches and lack of energy will go. If you have never fasted or been really hungry before those areas of your brain that handle that stimulus don’t know what to do. After a couple of times they learn and you’ll be fine.

The fun part about being a chef is that you already know how to cook food that tastes good. Now you can adapt/invent recipes to fit the calorie limits of Fasting.
    What do you mean by ‘the other 12 hours’ after the ’24 hours of Fasting’? Are you doing a no-food Fast for the waking hours of a day? Fine, then go to sleep. Don’t get hung up on hours. A ‘day’ means the time that you are awake. Wake up, have your Fast Day, go to sleep. When you wake up, it is now a Slow Day and you proceed as usual.
    Good luck, Scottish lass.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.