Bye Weight Watchers Hello 5:2

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  PreciousBooBoo 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi All

After watching the Horizon Programme at the weekend I have been inspired to try this method. I have been on WW since December after having my first child (also the second time I’ve tried WW in 6 years) and the weight just isn’t going anywhere fast! I also really want to do this for the health benefits and as a lifestyle change. If I have to point another item of food I think I’ll cry ha-ha! The biggest appeal, being able to enjoy food again for 5 days a week, and as mad as its seems I made healthier choices over the last two days and felt fuller!! So today is day one (I’ve chosen Mondays and Thursdays as my fast days) the WW subscription is cancelled and it’s going ok so far! Good luck to everyone!! 🙂

The likes of WW and Slimming World seem more of a continual punishment, the 5:2 is only a ‘punishment’ 2 days a week, and on the other days your food can be enjoyed as normal.
    Good luck.

Hiya, yeah I’ve given up trying to lose with SW. It just wasn’t working for me despite being 100% on plan. This is my first week and today my 2nd fast day. So far, so good! 🙂

Ha ha Jojo, your post could have been mine! In fact here is what I posted this morning in response to someone who started a 5:2 support group:
    —————————————————–
    Wow! I wish I had a support group near me! I am so done with my Weight Watchers support group. The same old tired information week in and week out. No wonder the CEO resigned last week…it is nowhere as effective as 5:2 and they are losing money.

What I wouldn’t give to have a 5:2 support group near me. I love this way of eating…I refuse to call it a diet. Congratulations!
    ——————————————————-

I just can’t lose weight on Weight Watchers anymore. Their “new and improved” plan just doesn’t work for me. But 5:2 does, and brilliantly I might add.

p.s. JoJo, counting points all day long drove me crazy too.

On the programme ‘ The men who made us thin’ on of the WW Executives said ‘if it works we wouldnt have a business’. Says it all really……..
    I look at 5:2 as lifestyle not dieting and find it suits me well. Lost one stone and 2 inches off my waist since May.

The diet industry really has a lot to answer for including Weight Watchers. Money talks!

I’m really impressed with your weight loss Lindyw. Comments like this are so encouraging.

I saw that documentary and found it quite depressing at first, but then I realised that I CAN maintain this lifestyle, I see the 5:2 or 6:1 being a permanent fixture from now on. Unlike other diets I know I can stick to this forever, and I also recognise that I need to. Like many others I have failed on so many diets before.

I didn’t have any problem losing weight with WW (see my intro post) but only if I stuck with it 100%. It’s just a reduction of calories, and common sense says that will make you lose weight. But 24 hours a day, 7 days a week is HARD! Like you, if I had to point or track one more thing I may have shot myself!.

I can’t stay enthusiastic and motivated all the time. 2 days a week sounds far more manageable. I need a life!

Hello All

Part 2 of ‘The Men Who Made Us Thin’ programme you are referring to; is on tonight on BBC2 at 9.00pm.

Later on there is a repeat of one of the same programme makers other series ‘The Men Who Made Us Fat’ – this too is well worth watching to see how junk food and it’s portion size affect our weight.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.