Books Arrive Today or Tomorrow :)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  emmap 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi everyone
    I have been reading about this diet for the past couple of weeks and ordered the books last week, they are with the courier and should be with me today or tomorrow. I wanted to wait to read the books before starting so I am armed with food and recipes for my fasting days.
    Am really looking forward to getting started

Hi emmap and welcome! The book is quick and easy to read, thankfully, though I didn’t get round to reading it until a few weeks after I’d started because there’s so much useful information available on this website anyway. Taking the plunge into the great unknown of going without food for any length of time seems like a really big deal at first. I can remember the trepidation on my first fast day thinking that I’d be feeling truly awful, and then victorious by the end of it when I realised that I really am capable of getting though a day without stuffing my face every few hours! Let us know how you get on when you decide you’re going to go for it 🙂

Hi emmap – and well done for deciding to give it a go! I haven’t actually got the books but have read a lot online and there are loads of tips (and great support) to be had on this forum.

If I’m honest I was a real sceptic, as I love food and cooking and instinctively tune out when people start banging on about diets that sound complicated and involve giving things up or eating weird combinations of food. The only way I have ever lost weight successfully was literally – eat less and move more – which worked well until I started travelling a lot for work and was diagnosed with a dodgy hip that has stopped me exervising for the last 1-2 years.

The brilliant thing about this diet is that you can literally eat what you want as long as you stay within the limit on fast days and TDEE on non-fast days. You don’t have to slog at it day after day and nothing is forbidden. No-one really need know that you are doing it, and best of all it works!

I am only 2 weeks in – 2nd weigh in tomorrow, but I can see it working already and I also feel positive that it is something I can stick to long term.

Good luck 🙂

Welcome

I waited until I got the book and found it was actually very repetitive but still useful none the less

Good luck with the diet

Thanks everyone, I plan that this time next week will be the night before my first fast day. Good luck everyone

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.