Bit of a problem

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  dimples0523 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi – I am very glad to have found the Fast Diet as it’s the only “diet” i’ve come across where i actually lose weight.  A lot of it!  I’ve lost almost 2 kilos in 1 week and i think this might be where my problem lies.  I had a fast day yesterday and today feel absolutely dreadful.  I’ve been hungry, very light-headed and shaky today – doesn’t matter how much i eat today the feeling doesn’t go away.  Any suggestions?  I guess my blood sugar has fallen too low.  I am very overweight, 56 years old and not very active.  So i think this has all been a bit of a shock to the system.  Has anybody else had this experience the day after a fast – by the way i ate quite well yesterday on my fast day with 750 calories spread over the day so i should have been able to feel alright.  Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Hi Glenda!
    I have had that feeling too, the day after fasting. I have been feeling light-headed and whenever i think of food, or eat something i feel sick! I think it is like you say though, its a bit of a shock to the body. Well done you for starting this diet though! Its never too late 🙂 Just bare in mind that the point of the ‘fasting’ is to try to have a 12 hour gap between your meals. I usually have 250 cal in the morning and the other half in the evening, leaving a 10-12 gap in between. I have tried spreading out all of the cals on the whole day, but i just end up more hungry! I dont know how you are feeling now, but remember to drink lots of water, even on your non fasting days 🙂 You might be having a “hangover” from too little fluids.
    Good luck with your fasting!
    /iris

Thanks Iris – I did try to drink water but maybe i didnt drink enough – i’m still feeling a bit woozy so i’m drinking plenty of water now.  Just wondering too it might be due to the fact that i lost a whole kilo on my fast day – quite a lot to lose.  I don’t think i’m one of those people, not yet anyway, who can go totally without lunch – i only had a very light lunch and had to drive in the afternoon.  I tell you i was a danger on the road!  Maybe as time goes on i will be able to limit it.  I’m still absolutely stoked though as to how much weight i’ve lost in one week, especially as i have been trying to lose weight for so long!

Good luck to you too.  Glenda.

I had my fast today. I just started this diet yesterday but I had fasted Tuesday just to see if it made a difference in me losing weight, and it did. I lost 1.3 lbs. I had a 200 calorie breakfast and made a huge 3 cup salad with frozen peas, an apple and 2.75 oz onions cut up in it. My salad was 300 cals. I ate out of the huge bowl like 3 times. I got hungry, and I had something small to eat. Not a lot of food. I am very satisfied as of right now. I’ll be going to bed in just couple hrs. I cant wait to see what my scales say in the morning. I mainly filled up on water too. Water is my new friend. I am fasting on fridays and Mondays. Monday is good cause I overeat weekends, and after all that Monday would be a good idea too. So those are my days. I need to get down to 188 by June 18th. I am now 202. I think I can make it. I am glad I found this diet. I think It will work for me.

Hi again!
    Yes i remember my first fasting day, i was feeling horrible! Headache, dizziness, sickness..you name it! My friend have been fizzy water, its called Ramlösa here in sweden. No sugar but lots of different flavours to choose from! My favourite right now is pinapple! Do you have anything like it where you’re from?  Im thinking, two bottles of those is a small price for a daily “meal” haha! Yes when you’re not eating i think your body really works hard on using fat as energy. I mean think about it! Instead of using the usual carbohydrates for energy, it has to convert the fat to get it through the day! Poor body, if we could just see what its going through those first days. Like a little car that is being forced to run on water!

Anyway, what am i on about. I think you are doing great with your die thought! starting at your level i think is important. And also about the driving, of course you need to be alert for that! Very clever of you! I find my fasting day alot easier to get through if i eat lots of protein in the morning. One breakfast that works for me is, 2 boild eggs slized a coupple of times with an eggslizer, mixed with some cottage cheese. Lots of protein, pretty much no carb! Keep me posted about your success! I lost almost 2 kilos my first week!

/iris

Anyone else feel like they have a hangover the morning after fasting? All is going well been on it four weeks now and thought this would pass in time. But here i am nursing a groggy head and low energy. I drinks lots of water, save my calories for evening , chicken and loads of salads. Glass of milk before bedtime, (otherwise i cant sleep on an empty stomach) i have energy on the fasting days which is great but this hangover without the actual pleasure of having drunk the wine is a drag. Any tips or info as to waht actually causes this. I know blood sugar is involved here…..

The feelings you describe have, I imagine, been experienced by everybody starting out doing 5:2. They do go away.

To begin with you feel like you’re going to pass out, I know. Just breathe, have a glass of water – it’s your body making a ‘gear change’ in order to start doing what it needs to do without having to digest at the same time.

Eventually you will not get these woozy sensations at all. You get used to having no food inside and come to enjoy the sensation of being empty.

My best advice is: go as long as possible on your fast days before eating anything. I have tried all different ways and I prefer not to eat anything until late afternoon or evening. That means I go without food for around 22 hours, which gives my body the opportunity to do its thing. If I DO eat earlier in the day, it just makes me want to eat more.

Good luck to you. Remember: 5:2 is a long-term strategy, not a short-term fix.

Salut !

Thankyou wildwater! 🙂 been feeling much better this week on my fast days. I too, only eat early evening. Couple of woozy moments but no crisis.. Guess i am moving on in this. Loosing size and feel this is ‘right’! Week four now in the box!

I did my first fast yesterday. This morning I had a bit of a headache, but fortunately I’d read up on here before hand so knew to expect it.

These forums are a godsend – it’s good to know you aren’t alone, what side effects are normal, which ones go away, and which ones mean you have a problem. Thanks to everyone who shares their experiences!

Thanks Wildwater – it’s my first day today and I wasn’t sure what to expect and I was a little worried. I did take a look at this site a little bit, but didn’t look into headaches or lightheadedness. I’ve been drinking more water than usual all day long. On my second cup of coffee, with non-dairy creamer (can’t have it black), but added in the calories, and have 8 glasses of water in so far. I had breakfast at 9:10 am, an egg sandwich. I’m not hungry right now, just feeling a little weird. I’ve also used one of those powder drink packets that you pour into water. The grape one I like is 10 calories though, but it helps fill me up. I’ll have to look at some others. I too am happy this forum exists to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.