Back after a break

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Purplegranny 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Good morning and happy new year!
    After 18 life-changing months, I’m coming back to 5:2. I did my first fast day last Thursday and today is my second. I need to lose about a stone and I’m also trying to stick to a vegetarian diet although I don’t eat red meat anyway, and definitely doing ‘Dry January’ to really kickstart my new way of living. I’m feeling very positive and happy now and ready to go.

You gó, Gran!
    This Dutch gran just came back after some years. I’m of the 16:8 variety and have been struggling to stop snacking after 8 p.m. with the expected results… 😞
    Good luck with your new start and have a great New Year as well!

Hi Tante and happy new year!
    Thank you – I’m sure you’ll get there -we all have our weak spots- it’s recognising them that is half the battle so you’ll definitely find a way forward.
    X

Well, first weigh-in after 1 week and 3 fast days and I’m down 2.5kg. I know that’s weighing straight after a fast day and it’s the first week so mainly water, but I’m chuffed to bits 😁

Well done! I too lost 2,5 kg in this one week. Very suprised and happy with it and it was so easy.
    I always thought the keto idea was upgraded Atkins and therefore rubbish, but apparently it’s not. 😃
    As my bloodpressure, weight ánd bloodsugar are all too high, I’m very relieved to see my improvement. I have struggled with my weight for 40 years now (at 62) and I’m só fed up with it.
    Being able to buy crisps for my hb without having to restrain the inner truffle pig is wonderful!
    (By the way, what does ‘chuffed to bits’ mean?)

Keep it up!

Thank you Tante and well done you too! Isn’t it satisfying!
    Keto is a very powerful tool for both weight loss and overall health. If you haven’t already, check out The Keto Reset by Mark Sisson – there’s a really good recipe book to go with it too.

I love when I reach the point of easily resisting sweet stuff – I made white chocolate and blueberry cookies yesterday during my fast and wasn’t even tempted.

Chuffed means really pleased 😀

xxx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.