Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,701 through 11,750 (of 14,786 total)

• Wow CG you are kicking it this week – congrats! Don’t even think about how or why, just enjoy! You’re right, I think I do notice more on a FD that there is food around, especially free. There were SOOO many sandwiches and cookies, but as I’d gone down after everyone else was done, it was easier to resist. I hate to be the only one eating – unless of course I’m alone in a closet with a bit of Cadbury.
    Bert you crack me up, “wide load” lol – life does sound hectic for you. Keep smiling and enjoying those loose pants. The weight shift has happened to me too. So something is happening, at least!
    Seahorse, perfect name for someone with a boat – enjoy the weekend.
    Fit your pub lunch sounds so cozy – how nice that you got some extra time with the girls. Good luck with the physio tomorrow, bychance is his name Luke? Or Jude? Maybe you can just call him Jude and see what happens.
    Uh oh guess who’s going to traffic court tomorrow – the old friend-of-a-friend freebie – I may need some chocolate after that. But luckily I have toughed out a FD today so MAYBE I JUST WILL. xxx

Hi Gang (of the nicest sort of course!) how are we all. We have another beautiful day here though very windy. At the buses I had to resort to putting on my huge fluoro windcheater to protect me. One day to go! Kids are saying No no why do you have to stop. Funny story about one little girl in Yr 6 this year. Very snooty & wouldn’t talk to me for about the first 18 months – hard nut to crack. Then late last year she started being really friendly…super friendly! Now she’s a very smart cookie & I realised she had worked out that this year she was the only one left on the bus of her friends (others went to high school) so it would be a smart move for her to have someone to talk & say hello to in the mornings. NOW she’s saying Oh you CAN’T leave Sue. I want you here till I finish primary school this year!!! What a girl! Even got a hug….of you gotta laugh when you can see though kids!
    CG congrats once again. You’re kicking ass all over the place girl. And I like the sound of the bright flowery skirt – I just don’t have anything like that, so might have to look in the op shops or similar.
    PH we have ended up having my birthday dinner just the 2 of us at our favourite japanese restaurant. Our dear friends up the road were coming but he is the one recovering from prostate cancer. However he has a hernia from the op & is not well, only finds comfort from lying down so cannot sit for lengthy periods so they had to bow out. He has surgery again next week. Too late to organise anyone else. But that’s OK as the chef Miki has his birthday on the same night so they make a fuss of us! You get to sit around the kitchen which is sort of in a well in the middle with bench all around it. Watching them is great.
    SH as others have said just enjoy your time with friends & catch up later. NO dramas.
    Oh Fit yes I well remember the temptations of the staff room. My last school was the worst. It was a very small christian school & the mums who ran the canteen kept their baking in the staff room in a freezer. We were always able to take what we wanted & pay them later. So…….if it was a cold day…or you were mad hungry…or you’d had a bad morning etc etc…….you’d raid the freezer! VERY bad!!
    Bert what a great read from pants falling off to what you’re giving up for lent & being sick in between. Hope you’re feeling much better.
    Jade hope you managed to give a wide berth to all those sandwiches etc.

Well almost time for Pilates so better move. Also have to think about what I’d like to give the kids as a parting pressie. thought about a gluten-free cupcake with their name on – but I’m pretty bad at writing with icing. We’ll see. So many things you have to avoid these days! Maybe even no food…but just a little card with a personal message in it. Have to think quick as need to prepare it today. Don’t HAVE to do anything but would like to! Have a lovely day all. suejen XXXX

Big weekend for you, isn’t it SJ! Last day of work, those kids will surely miss you – better late than never, I say to the young girl who changed her tune ๐ŸŽง. I would think young kids would love a little note, though the cupcake idea is also nice – they won’t care if you aren’t a pro with the icing. I can guarantee anyone reading that icing mishaps have never mattered a whit to me๐Ÿ˜‹ And happy birthday to you! ๐ŸŽ‚ Hope the romantic dinner-for-2 is delicious (or did you already go? Well go again!). Those places are so much fun, trying to catch all the shrimp if they fling them at you! Ok where’s the shrimp emoji. ๐Ÿค THERE it is. x

Hi team. I’ve been MIA for a few days. I’ve lots to do getting ready for our OS holiday. We leave on Tuesday. We had to go to Launceston yesterday, our closest “big” city. Of course compared to big cities around the world it’s tiny. Anyhow it’s a long drive from here. 5 hours there and back. I had to go to the podiatrist and then to look for shoes suitable for orthotics. I was lucky and found some at the first place we went to and they were on sale. We then picked my nephew up from the airport and brought him home for a few days. So I’m trying to get myself sorted out in between other bits and bobs.
    I’ve decided to stop the 5:2 now until we get back home again. I will try to eat sensibly but am going on holiday not boot camp.
    OK I will try and pop in again before we go.
    XX Doggy

Afternoon team! Hope that you are enjoying good weather.
    The update for the WTF REUNION…. THE MISTRESS OF TOURISM AND YOUR TRESURE have been working working hard between our jobs.
    Here is the itinerary :
    WEDNESDAY 16TH MARCH- ARRIVE AT THE OAKS APARTMENTS DARLING HARBOUR.
    MEET AND GREET DINNER WILL BE HELD AT ONE OF THE RESTURANTS IN DARLING HARBOUR….WE WILL WALK OVER AND PICK ONE (10 MIN WALK)
    TIME ANYWHERE BETWEEN 7PM-8PM

THURSDAY 17TH MARCH-YAM CHA LUNCH AT THE MERIGOLD RESTURANT CHINATOWN.
    AFTER LUNCH….PADDY’S MARKET FOR SHOPPING,COFFEE, OR WHAT EVER YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO
    DINNER THAT NIGHT….OPTIONAL..YOU WILL ALL BE FULL FROM LUNCH

FRIDAY 18TH MARCH-THE DAY IS WHATEVER YOU LIKE FERRY TRIP TO MANLEY,THE ,ZOO,OR THE AQUARIUM IN DARLING HARBOUR,IMAX CINEMA OR SHOPPING IN THE HEART OF THE CITY ,PITT STREET MALL ,QUEEN VICTORIA SHOPS……THE NIGHT IS FOR PARTING ON THE BRAZILIAN DINNER CRUISE.

Hope that this is fun interesting and enjoyable for you all.PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE OTHER PLACES OR THINGS THAT YOU LIKE YO DO AND WE WILL FIND THE BEST WAY AND PRICE TO MAKE OUR REUNION A VERY MEMORABLE OCCASSION……GO GAL XXXXXXXXD

Something must be in the water at CG,s and my house. I lost a full kg this week. From 96.7 to 95.7.๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘..can’t believe it…I may just make my goal to be at 95 before I go to Tassie.

GG just sent me some headpieces she made..they are absolutely fabulous. I am going to try and post them on the thread.. So will get back to you all later…

For GG photo IMG_0270_zpsbucorysg.jpg

for Lotus photo IMG_0271_zpsks3k3snt.jpg

photo IMG_0272_zpswabc83ws.jpg

Wow .. I’ve done it. how amazing are these .. Well done GG.

Gad! Lotus and GG, Well done! I don’t think there’s much chance of WTF NOT being memorable without more! That dots all my i’s. Chinatown was on my list and Paddy’s market. Don’t have any other known targets, will follow where led. It all sounds really great. Thank you both so much for going to all this trouble for us. On top of your workload, too. I suggest Thursday night is in house, maybe in one room or a room crawl, drinks in hand and nibbles (Ha,ha, or a liquid fast after all those Chinese courses over lunch!)And we have the Miranda hats to make. Will need inspiration for that! So I’ll bring the jungle juice. Will sort out what mixers and where to get soda, lemon and coke etc. when we get there. I’ve switched to the green coke for my bourbon, so will be on the lookout for a supermart. Oh, this is such fun!

Love the sound of your floral skirt, CG, you skinny thing, you! You must be so chuffed to see the scales going down again. Well done! I have been exercising like mad and really strict with my fasting, plus doing the tde thing. No extra loss so far, but sore muscles so hope it is just fluid retention for repair. am fasting today and thinking I’ll do a btb tomorrow. Then planning to have the weekend off, so looking for some result by Monday.
    My tummy rounded again(doncha hate that!) in the six weeks of sitting to write. So targeting that with tightening exercises. … sigh… probably the best I’ll get is Flat and large, but that’s better than rounded and looking preggers. Talk about MIRANDA WHALE! 85 has gotta goooo!

Jade, you stay strong around that free feast, nuts will attract you, of course! You’re a wag all right. I bet those students enjoy your teaching style.

Fit Hope your diagnosis is showing you on the mend. Still think it’s got a lot to do with stress over your sister. Thinking of you. Hugs.

Suejin. Thinking of you, too and your big retirement day tomorrow. Savour the day and take photos. You will see those kids grow up in the community over the years ahead. They will always nod to you and remember you as an authority figure from their childhood. Hope you have a nice evening planned and a few drinks. Not to mention exciting projects to look forward to, now that you have the time. Make sure you don’t let others gobble up all those free hours (which they will certainly try to!). Welcome to Grey Nomad land! Freeedom!

Bert! Pull ya pants Up! Welcome back!

Dawg, Hope you have a great time overseas! Keep your fluids up!

Well, must get back to exploring the cavernous depths of my wardrobe. And not to worry, the lizzards didn’t get all our booze. The still bubbles on. I have a whole year’s supply of cane crushings and molasses, We’ll be jake. xx Gyps

OMG! GG! FANTASMAGORICAL! I’m SOOO impressed! Am cacking myself laughing at the possible cluster of 9 of us gadding about the streets of Sydney in our Miranda bling and THOSE HATS! perfect! I’m in! and Gawd won’t be able to resist it. Dead set natural peacock she is! I’m the tame one. Us girls from the bush are gunna hit the big smoke revvin’ on all cylinders! (just older models, putt, putt). Safety in numbers girls. The sane people will all want one. and shy members can always add a fancy mask…..hmm, come to think of it, that’s not such a bad idea…. to avoid identification in an arrest situation…..I am so laughing my head off! ….hell I’m only in my 70th year and second childhood is a gas…. both ends! Ta PH. Love it!

PS. Did I mention I’m really proud of you PH, Not so long back you were a good bit over the 100 and with being down on mobility, that’s a hell of a win. You are DETERMINATOR OF THE MONTH! I haven’t moved in 6 months, Well done, you. xxgyps

Golly, I go out for lunch and come back to find all the fantastic posts. GG full credit to your artistic creations. They are fabulous congratulations ๐Ÿ˜ƒ You have done a wonderful job. Haven’t had a full read yet, will feed lexie, come back,mpour a drink and sit and read, saw the day plans too which is a work of art too. Thank you GG and Lotus for all you have done. Gyps hope you are taking notes for when we come up to you next year ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ’•xxxxx back soon ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿถxxxxx oh and my new calf was born this morning, getting her tomorrow, yet to pick her name, have a few but still deciding ๐Ÿค—Xxx

Catch-up time.

SH. Enjoy your 4 day weekend on your boat. Life is too short to give up on those opportunities..catchUp. Fasts during the week. โ›ต๏ธโ›ต๏ธโ›ต๏ธ

FIT. Hope your Physio has some answers for you, lovely to have the girls together again for lunch..keep strong.. Sending love and hugs. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Bert. Loved the vision of “Wide Load”. You will have to do something about those pants. Can’t keep them up with safety pins forever..but what an achievement..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰

Jade. ..enjoy your choc treat after traffic court..anything done for a friend of a friend deserves chocolate๐Ÿซ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿซ and maybe a ๐Ÿท๐Ÿน

SJ. I’m sure whatever you do for the kids will be just perfect. I’m sure you will be missed by them and I imagine you will miss them also for a while. Life changes coming up for you…love the idea of deleting the alarms each day…๐Ÿ•ง๐Ÿ•“๐Ÿ’ญ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ธyou won’t know yourself not having to get up in the mornings..and tied to being back from whatever you are doing in time for the afternoon shift. Freedom is just around the corner. Your birthday dinner sounds great and I’m sure OH will make the occasion special. And the restraunt very friendly and interesting..I’m sure the owners will do you proud. What a celebration birthday and retirement๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’•.๐Ÿ’• Tomorrow last day..then birthday Saturday. What a lovely weekend you are going to have. Enjoy every minute.

Doggy. Lots to do packing for an OS holiday. Great luck with the shoes and it will be lovely having your fav nephew visit. Don’t stress I’m sure you have everything in hand.

GG. You and lotus have done a wonderful job organising everything. WONDERFUL ITINERY… ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿค‘๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’๐Ÿน๐Ÿทโ›ดโ›ด๐Ÿฒ๐Ÿฒ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿน๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿ‰๐ŸŽ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿฝ๐ŸฝSo looking forward to it. Good to leave Friday till the last minute so that everyone can get their breath and play it by ear. Love all of the other plans. Love the headpieces. I have found a purple long skirt with gathered layers..just perfect..as CG says amazing what we find when we go looking ..also have lots of bling and a white peasant top so all organised and once we get to Paddys market and get the essentials for the headdresses and then have fun making them with the help of gyps moonshine I’m sure we will be a sight to behold…can’t wait. ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ. Agree with gyps that Thursday night in after lunch out would be a good idea. I’m sure we can come up with something exciting to keep ourselves amused!!!that is after we have been creative and made our masterpieces…

Oh GYPS. You are such a wag…I just love the excitement in your post..makes me smile right down to my toes๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜„. I can just picture all the things you have described and am so looking forward to meeting you and the gawdmother. The mind boggles if you are the quite one!! Sounds like you re pulling out all stops to get back on the straight and narrow. Well done …..and thanks for the special message. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•I am so thrilled to see that graph heading downwards so beautifully on the tracker.

Oh calling me for dinner so have to go.. Have a great night, morning, evening all and talk to,you all tomorrow..๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Gyps thanks for the great idea of taking photos. That’s a great memento for me! I can show them a few years down the track if I’m doing the odd day’s relief which I plan to do.
    So GG/Lotus are we all going to make carmen miranda fascinators at the WTF?? Or do I have the wrong idea? That would be a really good idea cos I suck at that kinda stuff.
    PH it IS going to be a lovely weekend & looking forward to it a lot. Have some presents waiting here to open that others have said Keep until the day so I have….reluctantly!
    GG/Lotus again….luv the itinerary. Sounds wonderful. I think each night PH you & I will just collapse on our beds….but then maybe we’ll just want to continue chatting about all the fun we’ve had & what we all got up to!!
    Need to go looking for a long skirt with what everyone’s coming up with – don’t have one at all & not much bling of the bright variety either. Next week when I’m free as a bird eh?! suejen XXXX

Have a lovely day tomorrow sj, it’s a big day, your last day at work, so enjoy all it has to offer.
    GG what a brilliant job you have done congratulations.
    Gyps, we will prove age is no barrier to having fun, especially with out hats and bling ๐Ÿ˜Š It’s lovely to get to an age of true inhabition ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Jade, hope the temptation did’t get to you, hold strong ๐Ÿ˜‰
    PH, wow, that’s wonderful, I’m so pleased for you, great loss, it’s a pity for us all that it doesn’t happen regularly. ๐Ÿ™„You will find, as I do, your movement becomes easier when toating less “fat” around. Remember the weight in a bag of spuds, and how many bags we carry evey day๐Ÿ˜ฅ
    Doggy what a busy exciting time for you. I agree with stopping the fasts whilst away, but you may find you do them every so often out of habit, and of course portion control and food choices are a big asset ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Well, one cancer removed, 7 stitches, so, well covered, and waterproof dressing, good sympathy getter ๐Ÿ˜œ Also a few frozen off, then a lovely lunch, parma, chips and salad, a bit of shopping, then back here where I made us both a milky latte……..Lexie’s new sister was born today and arriving tomorrow arvo, so sheds to clean, paddocks to rearrange tomorrow, giving the calf a clean start, lexie in a different shed for shelter and paddock, and sheep in a sheltered paddock, all seperated for a while ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Busy day ahead, I was thinking of Mitzy as her name, but from “above” came the name Bonny, and I love it, what do you think? I’m getting excited, unsure why, so much extra work, Lexie still thinks she’s a baby, so it could be a fun time๐Ÿ™„ But all worth it. Have a lovely evening team, and if your fasting, think of the benefits, you are doing it for YOU because YOU are worth it โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’•xxxxxxxxx

PH I doubt I’ll be adding a thing to the beautiful hat GG has made, I think it is perfect as it is ๐Ÿ˜€And your planned outfit sounds right on. I could change my mind a half dozen times on what to wear on the night, but will be in sync with everyone else ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•xxxxxx( and my hat)

CG. Exciting to get your new baby. Bonny sounds like a great name, and yes your beautiful hat is perfect.

SJ. Im guessing it will be gyps, the gawdmother, You and I being creative on Thursday arvo/night after our visit to Paddys Markets to get our feathers and fruit. Would be very difficult travelling with one of GG,s beautiful creations or even the feathers for that matter. I’m guessing that GG will have some much needed advice for us and lotus and CG will be able to sit back and enjoy the spectacle. All in together this fine weather with us all helping each other out. ๐Ÿท๐Ÿพ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ“ฟ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽจ๐ŸŽญ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿน They may not be as perfect as the ones GG has created but it will be fun…as for the skirt you may find something at the op shops if you have a look. I found two but alas the second one would be much to big for you. Doesn’t have to be a skirt though..just what you feel comfortable in, you may have a bright pair of 3/4 pants that will fill the bill..or a bright top. Anything goes!! I’m sure there will be pleanty of bling available at Paddys Markets if we are short. And I am guessing you may be right about crashing on the bed each night. I’ll Have to make time for some couch time every now and again. Enjoy your last day tomorrow…

Hi all…..I’m just blown away by the excitement and creativity shining through here, it’s very uplifting!
    GG, those creations are amazing, how clever of you! Put a brightly coloured head scarf underneath and away you go. I bet all the other people on the boat will be very jealous. You and Lotus are doing a great job with all the planning too, lots of great ideas but lots of flexibility to suit everyone’s needs as well. Don’t forget that Thursday the 17th is St. Patrick’s day so you all have to wear a little bit of green in my honour! ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ชโ˜˜
    Jade, the physio is called Eamonn, which is the Irish for Edward…..I don’t know if there’s even a saint Edward but this guy takes pleasure in inflicting pain I reckon ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Ÿ ‘Alone in a closet with some Cadbury ‘…..oh, I’m so with you on that one….we could be sisters, definitely soul mates! ๐Ÿ˜† Hope you’re not arrested for contempt of court for eating chocolate while the case is in progress ๐Ÿ˜‰
    SJ, what special times for you now. Enjoy your last day at work and I hope everyone makes a fuss of you to show how you have been appreciated over the years. Also, have a wonderful birthday meal, I’m sure the chef will pull out all the stops and make it a memorable evening for you. ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’
    Dawg, have a terrific holiday abroad and don’t sweat the small stuff as CG would say. Enjoy every moment and come back refreshed and raring to go again on 5:2……easy peasy!
    Gyps, you sure are getting into the swing of things, not that you need much encouragement! I can’t believe the Gawdmother is wilder than you……that WILL be a sight to behold! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
    PH, I’m absolutely chuffed for you to see another great loss, congrats!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘ Well done on posting the photos too, it has revved up the excitement another notch and gives us all, whether we’re going on the tour or not, something to look forward to. ๐ŸŽค Ay, ay, ay, ayy, I like you verrry much…๐Ÿ’ƒ
    CG, you make that cancer removal sound so ordinary and run-of-the-mill and just take it all in your stride…..I’d be freaking out! Hope Bonny settles in well before you have to go away (love the name)! It will be interesting to see how the rest of the menagerie take to her. ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ„๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ•
    Thanks to everyone for the good wishes re the physio etc today, I’ll let you know how I got on later. It’s lovely and sunny here today even though it was very frosty to begin with. I have the plumber here this morning and then I’m bringing him in to service my sister’s boiler too…..never a dull moment!

Oh Purple!! (I’m using your formal name ๐Ÿ™‚ to bestow praise.) Those hat/fascinators are drop-dead GORGEOUS. What a talent. And huge congrats on the new weight drop, girl you are on fire. I might fly to Australia just to get one of those. If Gyps will pick me up in her sidecar, of course – can’t be doing the perp walk in one of those getups. Btw Gyps your story about being mistaken for a “lady of the evening” had me rolling ๐Ÿ˜€
    Fit I must be your soul sis becase we have the plumber coming by too – must be sitting on a natural spring as the tub AND kitchen sink aren’t draining. Better save my airfare for mr. buttcracks….Wishing you luck with Eamonn, so is he the Peacemaker? He needs to make some of that happen. And you sure pegged our fearless leader CG, yep removing a few cancers, stitch her up, all in a day’s work now off to lunch and shopping – and a big welcome to darling Bonny. Lovely name and means lovely too, I think? Where’s Milena, isn’t that a scottish endearment?
    SJ enjoy the last day, what a momentous occasion – hope you’re showered with love and perhaps a few treats to mark the day. Watch out for flying shrimp at the bd dinner.
    Dawg, best wishes to you as you prepare for your big trip – definitely no need to fret about FDs, after all we know how to behave otherwise (don’t we??)
    Off I go to see the wizard – or the judge, hope my client brings enough money to pay the fines – have never even met him yet! xxx

Jade, hope all went well with your plumber….ours was just a regular service so it’s all done and dusted. Just the wallet is a bit lighter, shame it’s not me too! Never mind, I’m fasting well today and hopefully I’ll be getting back on track when I weigh in tomorrow. Hope all goes well at court too and that you don’t end up behind bars (unless they’re the chocolate kind, of course!๐Ÿ˜‰)
    So my scan shows moderately severe wear and tear on four vertebrae in my neck, causing some bulges which are affecting the nerves. He did more traction and another treatment that felt like electric impulses being sent down my neck. I’ve another appointment in ten days. If there’s no improvement then, he’s going to send me to a pain management guy who will probably inject it. In general, things have improved and I’m only taking a milder painkiller at night and none during the day. So I think it’s settling down.

Hi jade. I’d love to take the credit for creating the magnificent hats but that goes to GG. I just posted them on the thread for her. Aint t she a clever little Aussie. The rest of us just need to somehow come up to her standards when we make ours after a visit to Paddys Market. With the help of a shot or two of Gyps brew…๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿน๐Ÿท๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ“๐ŸŒ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ‹. You will have to start saving your pennies and come to the get together next year to get a ride in Gyps sidecar…I’m sure we will all be lining up for that…๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ŸHope your favour to a friend of a friend at court went well. I’m sure you will surpass your expectations. And then it will be time for that chocolate treat!๐Ÿซ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿซ

FIT. At least you know what is causing the pain now and can put a management plan in place. Pleased to see it is settling down. Physio’s in Ireland must be able to do much more than in Australia. I have to go to my neurosurgeon to get a referral for injections for pain in the spine. I get them occasionally for my back pain when the bulging discs are inflamed and won’t settle down with rest. Hope it does not come to that for you. They are not painful but I Always try to avoid if possible.

With all the excitement re the “hats”. I forgot to say that I went to the arthritis specialist today hoping to get the all clear regarding arthritis. The rheumatoid variety…alas that was not the case and I have that as well as the osteoarthritis. Just what I needed. He can’t understand why I am not complaining about sore hands..they are really good compared to the rest of me…puts it down to the fact that I spend so much time in the Hydrotherapy pool…and knitting etc..keeping everything moving all the time. Move it or lose it..anyway what he also could not understand is the absence of any indication of it in my bloods. so it seems that I am a puzzle to him..my OH says that is understandable ..I have been a puzzle to him all of our life.๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค” anyway got away without any additional medication but had to promise that as soon as I get a flare-up I will go to him immediately..so what I had before Christmas when I got the magic pills was indeed an episode of a rheumatoid arthritis so at least that clears that up. Gave me script for some more majic pills in case it gets bad on my holiday. Might need them at the wtf to keep up with everyone!!!๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’. Woke up early this morning after a very good nights sleep. Might try and get another hour before I get up to go to the pool. Bye for now๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

SJ. You will probably be getting up soon for this very special day….enjoy ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

So sorry about the mix-up GG, you get the crown of glory for those hats!! I am a worse reader than my students – but peeked in too fast this morning, so excuse the mix-up. They are simply beautiful. I’m dying to see what this WTF looks like, really looking forward to the photos ๐Ÿ™‚

Fit and PH, sounds like the scourge of old(er) age ๐Ÿ™ best wishes for better reports on dealing with the pain issues. Neither one of you can sit still for long, I know, so take care and rest what needs resting!

Late for a meeting, off with me – can’t resist checking in here for some sanity. Oh good news, neither the client nor I are behind bars, he has a boatload of fines to pay but perhaps learned his lesson. Especially after hearing what the judge did to repeat offenders – had them hauled directly to jail and lucky to even make a phone call first to say they wouldn’t be home for dinner! Maybe I should have told them about 5:2 – good opportunity to drop a few lbs – HA. xxx

GOOD MORNING AUSSIE DETERMINATORS !
    LOTUS AND I ARE SO VERY GLAD THAT YOU ALL LIKE THE WFT REUNION ITINERARY.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAISE OF THE FACINATORS.
    I CAN ASURE YOU THAT YOUR CREATIONS WILL BE THE SAME, I AM BRINGING ALL MY BITS AND PEICES WITH ME SO YOU WILL ALL HAVE AMAZING HEADWEAR.

Will look forward to reading your posts later.
    What awesome losses you have had with your weight….. see it does happen. This is a healthy attainable WOL that over time allows you to lose the kilos to reach your goal giving you better health at the same time.OUR DETERMINATION IS SO STRONG!
    OUR SUPPORT OF EACH OTHER IS ENCOURAGING.
    DAWG- HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY.
    SJ-LAST DAY ….REMEMBER YOU HAVE HELPED THESE KIDS IN MANY WAYS BEING THEIR BUS DRIVER IS ONE THING ….YOU HAVE GIVEN SAFTEY ,CARE AND LOVE ALSO.HAVE A BRILLANT FAREWELL.
    OK OFF TO THE CLASSROOM FOR THE BEGINNING OF 2 WEEKS OF EDUCATION…….LOVE TO ALL YOU AWESOME LOT…..GO GAL XXXXXX

Top of tha mornin team to ye all๐Ÿ˜€ I received a parcel from our Irish sister Fit to distribute at our reunion, and it’s Fit to a T ๐Ÿ˜€ What a charmer ๐Ÿ’• Fit I’m pleased he has given you some relief. I used to have cortisone injections in my lower back if you remember before my surgery, some worked some didn’t, in fact one paralised me for a while, but ANYTHING to be out of pain and moving ๐Ÿ™„ You might learn to turn your head from your shoulders instead of your neck over time, but if it helps, why not. Thinking of you sweet one ๐Ÿ’ž
    I slept in awfully late so no pool today but will get heaps of exercise with cleaning two sheds out in prep for Bonnies arrival ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿ’ž I’ll be interested to see the boys reaction with her, they were wonderful when Lexie came, very gentle, curious having never seen a calf, (Bailey, my oldest had, so no novilty there)and seemed to understand she was a baby….. and every night when we leave her paddock, she follows us to the gate for a last pat, Rocky gets up on this back legs, leans forward on the gate, and licks (kisses) her nose good night ๐Ÿ’• Love and affection runs in our little family โ˜บ๏ธ
    PH I can so empathise with your spinal problems, I have both too, ostio and rhumatiod, the word deteriation seems to be the theme for aging! I choose to ignore it at get on with living. Admittedly some days are couch or easy days out of necessity, but feeling sorry for myself is a waste of time with no rewards ๐Ÿ˜‰ So soldier on to the best of my ability. Sure, I’m a lot slower than I used to be, I was always quick moving, did things at a pace, get it done and move on, but not these days and that’s what leads to frustration but even that I’m learning to accept and just glad to be moving at all!
    I hope everyones fast went well and your weighin successful, I might fast again today, or just let in fall into place as it happens. Suejen, thinking of you too, it will no doubt be a teary memorable day for you, but the end of a chapter and the beginning of a new life.
    “Don’t just listen to the loudest voice team, listen to the truest one” be positive, think positive thoughts, life is yours to enjoy, so get out amongst it ๐Ÿ˜‰ Happy day ๐ŸŒทXxxxxx

Jade I’m confused re the traffic court and client you haven’t met. Are you representing the “client” in someway? Are you a lawyer or teacher, (or both) might be my age of understanding, or just my interpritation of your posts…….๐Ÿค”Xxxxx

Good morning everyone. Lots of excitement about WTF on the forum. I’m still trying to figure out how I catch up with you all. Maybe Wednesday dinner seeing as Thurs is most probs not happening, the fascinators for your Friday dinner look great. Very Priscilla Queen of the Desert. Anyway you will have fun here. Lots to see and do. Don’t forget the harbour. Lots to see there too. Anyway I left my details on that email which was posted so maybe someone can let me know the timing for Wed night when u get here. I’m like 15 mins on the light rail so don’t need much notice.
    FD went well. I’m down .5 but over the week I’m only down 0.2. I’ve been very good so it’s either meds or the heat. Today I’m meeting a friend in circular quay for lunch and a walk. It’s a nice day for it.
    Anne X

Hi all. I too slept in and so will just go down to the local pool today to do some exercise.
    CG. Know what you mean about being slower. I can do about half as much as I used to do …but absolutely better than being able to do nothing at all….the months I spent in The wheelchair were sooooo frustrating…..๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ I too just get on with things and do the best I can and am still enjoying life to the fullest…๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰was hoping that I did not have both types but not to be..just love my sewing and knitting etc. my hands are the best part of me…however after overcoming my cobalt poisoning in my hip and the three ensuing operations that followed then the long recovery from that followed by spinal surgery I am just so happy to be able to walk at all. So life is great..๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰.as to the injections in the spine..I am still at that stage even after my operation however all have worked well for me so far and what relief they give.
    It was good to get affirmation from the arthritis specialist that I am doing everything possible with the hydro pool and mindfullness for pain and rest to keep things at bay..so onwards and upwards and you never know what improvements may still happen..as you say feeling sorry for yourself is absolutely useless.have walker will travel๐Ÿš—โœˆ๏ธโ›ต๏ธโ›ด๐Ÿš„.I am hoping that once I lose a lot of my weight that things will improve so am so pleased with 5.2 and meeting all you wonderful Aussie Determination legends…So blessed..the people I see at rehab are so much worse off than me ..makes you feel blessed ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi ANNIE! UP HAS NOT SENT ME YOUR CONTACTS . IF YOU WANT POST A CONTACT NO HERE FOR ME AND I WILL CONTACT FAST DIET TECH AND HAVE THE POST REMOVED WHEN I CHECK IN . HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE AND THEY ARE VERY HELPFUL……..GO GAL XXX

Hi all.

GG I haven’t sent contact details because I haven’t received them! I have just checked again.

Annie, can you try again? Or post as GG suggested. I have never had any unwanted emails as a result of posting here.

Your fascinators are wonderful.

PH , you loser! Fantastic!

Fit , glad you know what is happening.

SJ, enjoy retirement!

Gyps always good to read your posts. Shout out to every one else.

STOP THE PRESSES , my new baby just arrived and it’s a boy๐Ÿ˜ฑ So thinking Bonnie may well now be Danny (boy) in honour of our Fit, and receiving her gift today ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Any feed back is appreciated. If you have a better suggestion, let me know, but it must end in Y or IE as everythig else here, even Tori my tractor and Katie my ride-on ๐Ÿ˜ƒ “Danny” is a very docile jersey friesan cross, grey gold sort of colour at the moment, could end up a caramel/blonde colour but will have to wait and see. Shed all cleaned and new bedding, sheep, and Lexie now in different paddocks, oh that was fun! Hoho! And I’m ready for another shower phew! At least I don’t feel guilty at missing the pool as I just got heaps of exercise with a spade and pitch fork.
    Annie, what about Thursday lunch with us and yumcha? Lunch Friday is free too I think? Anyway butting out, GG will sort you out no doube โ˜บ๏ธ I’m wetting Danny’s head with a whiskey and zero, I’m exhausted and the sun is over the yard arm somewhere ๐Ÿ™„Xxxxxxxxx

Morning folks. Nothing good to report on the weigh-in front. I’m up .3 on last week’s weight with no special events or anything in between. Very frustrating. Have cut out wines on most days & just enjoy when I feel like it or weekends/social occasions. Walking more. Nothing to do but wait I guess.
    Ended up making a chocolate slice for the kids play lunch with 100’s & 1000’s all over – actually had a call from GG while I was in the middle of icing them & had to ask her to hold on for a tick while I sprinkled the pretties on! We had hugs & group hugs as well cos it was darn cold & we weren’t dressed for it. Last run this afternoon. One more time to take the alarms off my clock & I’m done! I’ll also make up a little pack of what’s left of the slice as a joke to present to one of the bus drivers who is ALWAYS hungry!! He has stuff on the bus & then he goes & asks the kids if they have any more they can give him; or to the lady bus driver behind him. So I’ll make it really kiddy looking!
    Thanks ladies for all your wishes re full retirement. Going to enjoy it absolutely! Have alrady told OH he is giving me brekky in bed tomorrow morning as a double birthday/retirement celebration. Mmm have to think up something simple LOL.
    OH PH that’s not hte news you wanted to get re having both arthritis. I’ve always worried that I might have rheumatoid as my mum had it but with a few unexplained aches & pains through the years they’ve tested but never found it. But you have the absolute best attitude to make the most of your situation. Others might fall in a heap with such news but not you!! You’re sure a glass half full kinda girl.
    CG you’re in the same boat & you too have a wonderfully positive attitude ALWAYS. Hope the new arrival goes smoothly & that they all welcome little Bonnie.
    Jade I too need an explanation of your client/judge/jail thingy. What’s that all about?
    Oh Fit no wonder you’re in so much pain. Bulging discs are not pretty. Only had one once & it was nasty. Do hope that your treatment starts to work. Sounds like you had ultrasound – is that what he called it? That’s what helped to fix mine up. I hope he’s also put you on strict rest ie no housework for yourself or your sister, no dancing etc? You really do need to totally rest it & give it time to settle down. {{ }}

Have a cake to deliver to a gentleman from church whose wife had a stroke a few days ago. Tried to deliver last night but couldn’t find his place. Will get better instructions this time! Didn’t take my phone darnit!! Then I need to try & talk him into receiving some meals from the care team – he won’t be a pushover. Says he’s been cooking for his family since he was 9. And I can quite believe it but now he has 2 hour’s travel every day to go & see his wife & he’s in his 70’s at least. Would be nice for him to be able to just get home & heat something up.

Have a great day all & enjoy your feed days – whatever you set your heart on is allowed! Just exercise portion control. suejen XXXX

Suejen, how lovely, and the idea of sharing left overs with the drivers is wonderful. I’m just thinking, you are so involved with community services and church groups, try to be careful not to spread your self too thinly once retired, all those groups can get greedy with your “free” time and you find you are busier than ever. Maybe being “on call” rather than a roster could suit you better, just a suggeston โ˜บ๏ธ Enjoy the day, it will never come again ๐Ÿ’•Xxxxxx

Ah, CG, what about “Paddy”? In honour of Fit’s St Patrick’s day. But I like Danny Boy, too. Your little farm is getting back up to full production then? Do you sell them off when they get big? or are they family? Lucky cows. You’ve really shot ahead, can you just hear yourself talking so positively about all that hard work? After the year you’ve had, with 2 major ops. So very good to see. Reckon you’ve earned your whiskey. Enjoy!

FIT! I’m touched!…yes, yes, I know you knew about the head, but it’s me heart now… I mean, pressies! all the way from Ireland? Oh, you make it so real! whatever it is, thankyou so much for being part of us. You WILL be with us! Certainly in every spirit! as we sip…. hmmm… green drink…..crรจme de menthe? not fond of it meself, but any takers? what about that green watermelon thingy that comes in the canned premixes? Can do the alcoholic essence to add lemon or soda to.

Or do we find an Irish pub with green beer? Before or after gorging on Chinese, lunch? possibilities are endless for this shindig. (I may definitely order a wheel chair to go home! If not half way through) Ooo! Dear! Evil thought, Irish coffee for breakfast! Have to be in the coffee shop, I don’t make whiskey …. hmm, can one hire mobility scooters in Sydney? I’ll have the purple one (ought to be able to drive one’a those drunk… only got stop ‘n’ go, don’t they? Wheee!… hic..) . Fancy a race around the harbour in our Miranda hats, girls? (Just kidding) … tho… come to think of it, the hogs club down there owe me one, I put half a dozen of them up during a storm on their Northern run a while back. They all gave me cards in case I ever passed through their patch. Fancy a whizz through traffic on the back of a Harley, ladies?
    Nah? Might be more fun around the Northern beaches next year? But first things first. Need something green for Paddy’s day, Oo! goody, I don’t have anything green….shops!

I have my coke bottle full of $2 coins, My spending money, painless. And the airfares and unit are paid for. It’s stress free and fun all the way this end. Will start another bottle for next year. (will let you all know what one holds when I count up for the bank.

FiT, Glad you now know what’s up with your neck, but I’m with PH, seems like a lot of diagnostic power for a physio???? Has he not at least suggested a Neuro consult? Disk protrusions and erosions are a surgical field. And new treatments are really successful. They have a procedure now where they pretty much use a type of bone cement to shore up and repair without major gouging, fusion and trauma. (so I’ve heard) I would be extremely wary of who sticks needles into your spinal complex. I have had a bone graft at cervical level (for fractured vertebrae) and a spinal cyst removed from the lumbar region. Nerve pain is horrid, but very specialized. To my knowledge, oral cortisone is usually tried before injections are considered and don’t believe our physios even have the power to prescribe them. Anyhow, not trying to confuse you, just concerned. and many nerve injuries settle with time and rest, so yours sounds promising. Take care.

And Annie, glad you glided through the court experience , that sounds confusing, too, were you theres as a character witness for someone? so glad the plumber has sorted you boilers out. Do wish you both were attending WTF.

GG, You Mad Hatter You! Be glad of your directorial ass istance over drinks , on the hat issue. I have a cream, basic fascinator to decorate, will stuff it into the port. Definitely want one of those bright pink feathers, plus a tangerine and black one. And Fit’s idea of a scarf for the turban effect sounds intriguing. Am I sounding like a bower bird, much? Second childhood is such fun!

Wonder what happened to Iannie? Think our talk of bowels and fashion put him off?

Gotta move. All my exercised muscles are going stiff. But I was 74.4 kgs this AM. some movement. Hope it sustains (but buggered up my BTB with another fresh pawpaw, oh, well… ) Keep ya’ belly flat, boobs up and ass in, everyone. It’s Friday. Pub raffles,me. xxGyps

Suejen, thinking of you in your last hours……. Bottoms up! xx gyps

Hay Gyps…74.4k?????? Thanks for acknowledging my past year, and I’m revving on all 8 at the moment. It’s fabulous, I’m a lousey patient, hate being slowed down, and now my home feels complete with animals everywhereโ˜บ๏ธ Very busy but lovin’ it ๐Ÿ˜‰This is the first time I’ve got my bum in a chair all day, apart from a quick toasted sandwich and a post. Little Danny took ages to learn to suckle tonight, it usually takes a couple of days before the penny drops, then he’ll be sucking everything, my clothes, slacks, hands…….our Fit sent the perfect gift for us all and she will definately be with us in spirit (hic) so what a blessing to us she is.
    Just making a fridge stirfry, most things ready to be euthanised, so putting them out of their misery, but oh so tasty โ˜บ๏ธ and easy one bowl meal later when the mood strikes.
    Have a terrific Friday evening team, the weekend is around the corner and it’s YOURS๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ’ž enjoy ……sj, thinking of you too, probably still drying the tears๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•xxxxx

Paddy would have been perfect too Gyps, but done a coin flip and sticken’ with Danny โ˜บ๏ธ Thanks for the input ๐Ÿ’žXxx

I deffo sent it UP so just went into my sent mail and resent as well as posted my phone number on here. No probs.
    Today I was good and bad. I had lunch at the quay and just had 8 cooked prawns but then I had some hot chips and a few slices of my friends pizza. The pizza was thin with not much sauce or cheese and just a slice of prosciutto so not too bad. Then we walked all the way around to Mrs Macquaries chair and along the road past the art gallery to Hyde park and then Martin place where we stopped at the Lindt cafe. Then I had an iced chocolate and a macaron. I had intended on a cup of black tea but it was too hot. Then I walked some more which was good. So far I’ve done nearly 13000 steps today. I will skip dinner. My fitness pal has no clue about iced chocolate drinks so I estimated the contents. I’ve done 1900 cals today which is only a bit past my proper allowance but well over my 1550 goal. Never mind. I had a nice day and would have walked off most of the excess I think. Total walk time was 2 hrs and that’s just the long walks I did. Fitbit doesn’t count walks under 15mins. It is 30c now at 6:30pm so was way hotter than that when I was walking. I’m a crazy person but the harbour was lovely.

Hi all!
    Wow, what alot of long posts to read….my OH took over the iPad last night so I didn’t get to answer any before I went to bed, so lots of catching up to do now! Love it!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘
    PH, I am in awe of all you have gone through and have come out the other side smiling, kicking ass and full of fun and positivity! You’re a legend! I hope you’re continuing weight loss does improve things for you, you so deserve it! ๐Ÿ’žโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ
    CG, you’re just amazing! Cleaning out sheds and adopting animals like a whirlwind! I’m not surprised that you developed back problems as I’m sure you always tackled every obstacle in life with gusto! I’m just so thrilled and honoured that your new arrival is to be called Danny Boy…..a song that is very dear to my family so it has special significance for me ๐Ÿ’ž Thanks for all the kind words too about the little gifts I sent, they’re just a little bit of nonsense but I hope they add a little to the fun on WTF ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‰ Enjoy the fun with all your adorable creatures but make sure you don’t overdo things….you don’t want to get crocked now so close to the reunion. ๐Ÿ™ƒ
    AA, hope you manage to get in touch with the gals and can join in the fun. Sounds like you had a lovely day out and you got lots of steps in too, so that’s very good for you. A loss is still a loss and way better than a gain, so well done for that too. ๐Ÿ˜€
    UP, hope all is well with you. I’m down .4 this week so 66.2 for me. How about you? I’m still up on where I was before my neck started acting up but hoping I can keep making solid progress now that things are settling down again.
    Gyps, you are a scream…..touched in the head and the heart! There’s no one like you, that’s for sure. I’m not a fan of creme de menthe either so maybe just a little food colouring in one of your potions will do the trick instead! โ˜˜โ˜˜โ˜˜ The physio is part of a practice with other disciplines and will refer me to other specialists for any further treatment. I also got a copy of the report from the MRI to give to my own GP, so I’ll be consulting with him too. Loving the vision in my head of all the WTF gang tearing through the streets of Sydney in full Brazilian gear on the backs of Harleys…….crying with laughter at the thought! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    SJ, sounds like you had a lovely and fitting last day at work and I hope you got breakfast in bed to start your retirement in style as well as celebrate your birthday. I hope you told OH that’s the drill every day from now on! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I agree with CG that you need to make sure you don’t become too available to everyone else now that they see you’re retired. Take some time to settle into a new routine and do some projects just for yourself first and get a feel for how much free time you actually have before committing to anything else. Put your feet up for a little while at least and indulge yourself…..you’ve earned it! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿท
    Ok, gotta get off my butt and do chores for my sister. We’re meeting the public health nurse to get the paperwork done to apply for respite in the future for her, she’ll probably go mad but she’s going to have to accept that it’s an option we might have to avail of over the coming months. Wish me luck! ๐Ÿ˜•

Fit that’s fabulous news regarding getting the paperwork done. Your sister will have to abide by the decision and realise she has no choice. She has been holding you all to ransom for too long โ˜บ๏ธ So let the emotional blackmale wash off you, and stand your ground ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Often easier said than done, I know, but, she has to realise your body is telling you to slow down……..good luck xxx and I missed your post last night before I headed off to bed, that O/H of yours needs a stern talking to, fancy taking your ipad grrr ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•xxxxxxx

Hello all just spent over an hour reading all the posts I have missed. Those hats are awesome, well done. I wish I was so creative. SJ congrats in your retirement and birthday. Absolutely the most wonderful time of your life. I think I missed someone else’s birthday a couple of days ago too. So sorry, I have just been OTL too long. Hope your birthdays were good ones. I haven’t been home to weigh myself but will be heading back there tomorrow night so maybe Sunday. Sorry too to read about the pain some of you are suffering, it makes me grateful to think I only have to worry about my weight and the aches & pains I get are absolutely nothing. Anyway, just thought I would let you know I am still around even though I am very tardy. Hope next week is better. Good night/morning all Barb xxx

Nah, CG, Call it wishful thinking. 84’4. ….. but better than nuthin’. We plod on.

Morning all! I’m so moved by the everyday gratitude of this group. In fact I’m a little misty eyed reading the posts today. Barb, you started me off and thank you for that. I am grateful too for all the things I can still do. And look at you PH you keep going no matter what happens, what a role model of determination you are. Of course I could say the same about the whole group, and I guess that is why I love being here.

Fit, I hope your struggles are better soon, glad things are moving along re your sister’s care. I was trying to think of your physio’s name and came up first with Damien, hah but that is how I think of him. And CG you are rather legendary, a patron saint of young animals and big hugs and welcome to Danny boy. Might we see a photo of the little guy, please please please? And I can’t help but think now of the Legend of Zelda and we all know who that is! My role model for being high on life, whether you are high on your brewed “spirits” or not, Gyps, you always make me smile. SJ are you enjoying your blissful first day of retirement? Ah…you have time now to bask in all the sweet memories of the kiddos. And let those memories of old cranky what’s his name slip away. Bert, my fellow yank, are you feeling better? Hope there is sun in the sunshine state today.โ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธ It is terrific here and I hope to get out in it. Spring makes me so happy. ๐Ÿ‡ One of these days Annie I’ll catch up with you and your steps – whew you’re amazing.

Sorry to be confusing about court, I was rather wound up yesterday from all the running ๐Ÿƒ So yes I am a lawyer, really just maintain my license for family and the odd random case that takes little effort but could result in bad things if the person goes it alone. It gives me good stories to tell in class ๐Ÿ˜… and also a booster shot of how confusing it can be, especially to non lawyers. Often to me as well, as they do things quite differently than 30+ years ago when I started – everything is tech driven now. I did feel rather snazzy when I took out my new iPad mini to take some notes.

And speaking of class, these papers don’t seem to be grading themselves so I’d better have at them. Have a lovely day friends! jade xx

Barb, it’s lovely to hear from you again. Hope life settles down for you and gives you time to catch your breath.
    Jade, things are moving on well on both the health front and with my sister. She reluctantly accepted that she would give respite in a nursing home a go for one week on condition that she would then come home…..there’s still a long way to go before accepting that she needs to go into a home full time. However, it’s a good and positive start, so we’ll go with that for now. Hope you don’t have too many papers to mark over the weekend and I hope all the patients are well again so that Florence can go back into retirement! Try to get some time to yourself and get out into pleasant weather xx

Oh Fit that’s fantastic that sis has seen the light – maybe that same one at the end of your tunnel ? ๐Ÿš‡ That’s just great news. I’m no stranger to Catholic guilt, which can always make a stressful situation worse. By the way, I’m still working on the mini-wtf-trip to Ireland, several obstacles have been eliminated so I am working hard to make it happen. Will keep you posted – might have a nip of the Jameson’s tonight, or maybe some good Aussie wine – it is quite popular here as well. ๐Ÿท๐Ÿพ xx

Oh Jade that would be fantastic if you made it to Ireland in the not too distant future! Don’t know how we’d top the Carmen Mirandas on the backs of Harleys but I suppose we’d come up with something!

It’s good to have goals ๐Ÿ˜€

Good morning-evening team ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Fit what great news. Does your sister understan time, as in, could you tell her her stay is for a week and be able to make it longer, just thinking of you taking advantage and heading to France for a break. Sly I know, but just a thought. At least the door is open now in her acceptance so one step at a time. She may surprise everyone and quite enjoy the company and social activities and agree to stay ๐Ÿ˜‰ Wishful thinking, but you never know xx
    Jade, just curious, why you went from law to teaching kids? Mind you, I read so many “who done its” and watch a lot of Law and Order (reruns) and would love to get mt teeth into something like that, and I’m the first to admit, I have no patience with kids,/brats, especially as I’ve aged……although I guess the hours are better for a home life for you, but then you are marking papers at home each night, catch 22?
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUEJEN๐Ÿ˜ƒ I hope when you read this, you are sitting up in bed waiting for breakfast to be served. How did your send off go yesterday?? And welcome to retirement, the next big chapter in your life ๐Ÿ’•Xx
    Just having a quick wake up coffee, then down to give Danny his warm milk, I have a lot of colostrum to give him from his mother, which has so many health benefits for him before going on to milk replacers, and this first morning is my most anxious…..just making sure he made it through the night. I will get a few pics as I did with Lexie and ask sj to post them for me, still can’t get my head around that……so wishing you all a magnificent week end ahead ๐Ÿ˜Š Don’t sweat the small stuff team, live life to it’s fullest, and be glad to be alive, it beats the alternative ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ’•xxxxxxxxxx

Hi all, beautiful morning it is.. Boy have we had some hot weather over the past 2 weeks. Air conditioners have been getting a good workout..well started the big wardrobe clean out last night. I have 3 boxes of clothes that were too small for me I. The bottom of my cupboard. Started trying them on and have discovered I have a whole new/old bunch of clothes that now fit. WAHOOOOO.๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰. So will now only have to alter the clothes I am wearing at the moment that I really love..this weekend my target is to do my alterations and pack my bags for my holiday. ๐Ÿ‘–๐Ÿ‘š๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘—๐Ÿ‘ก๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐ŸŽ’๐Ÿ‘œ๐Ÿ•ถ๐Ÿ‘“.. We leave one week from today for Tasmania and little Ruthie…and of cause her mum and dad…

CG . How exciting for you to get your second baby…Danny Boy. what a lovely family you have around you with so much love to give. ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ„๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•..do you have any ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“?
    We can just feel the excitement jumping out of the iPad..who will be looking after things while you are away?

SJ. I’m sure you had a great happy/sad day yesterday…great idea with the cake and giving the leftovers to your ever hungry one. The odd day of relief that comes your way will now by just fun and if not then you don’t need to do it! Great feeling of freedom…enjoy. You are already so busy with all the things you do for and with the community that I,m surprised you found time to work, so my advice is not to take on any extra in the first six months at least. .I Eco CG in asking you not to get too involved in extra things too soon..I know the feeling as I have only recently retired and you think you will be able to do so much. Pick one thing you want to do for YOURSELF and focus on that for the first bit and you will soon find out that freedom to concentrate on doing what you and OH want to do anytime at all is just what retirement is all about. ๐Ÿ„๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŽจ๐ŸŽค๐ŸŽน๐ŸŽผ๐ŸŽญ๐ŸŽŸ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿ‘ซ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐ŸŒน๐Ÿƒ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ’enjoy nature and smell the roses…
    My goal was to lose weight and get fitter..and that takes up a lot of my time along with the sewing I love doing, and the Hall committee volunteering and visiting friends and family.. Have found that is more than enough…

Gyps..can’t get the picture out of my head of these OAPensioners weaving through the Sydney traffic, decked out in Carmen Miranda hats on the back of Harley’s…..what a hoot you are quite right in thinking it should be left for the bush…

FIT. Thanks for the kind words..and for sending gifts over for us..how exciting…we will have to Skype you when we are opening them so you can really be with us over the clouds… ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆGold star for getting onto the paperwork for Respite so soon..proud of you my friend. ๐Ÿ“‹๐Ÿ“ƒ๐Ÿ”— ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…. And the news that your sister has agreed to that first week is wonderful..as you say just the beginning..hope she does not have a bad time..visits from family during that week will go a long way to making that week an good experience for her. You are truely the queen of queens๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘

Barb..nice to hear from, just when you can is perfectly OK. We all have different ways of being involved, and everyone of them is great. Good luck when you get home with your weigh-in..remember. This is long term and don’t be disappointed if things are not as good as you would expect..although you have been just smashing this.๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’œ

Jade, I did think you must be a lawyer to be doing the job you have. It must be challenging just to do the odd case with changes that are happening all the time. Can just imagine you holding court.๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“‹๐Ÿ—’and taking notes on your iPad!! Love the fact that you still do just to help out friends and family and friends of family…๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’•
    Would be wonderful if you and fFIT could get together, I’m sure you will think of something special to do and as you say, having something to aim for is just the ticket.. hope you enjoyed your tipple๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿน. I shouted myself a bottle of gin yesterday. Have not had any In the house for a while and must admit to having a few whilst sorting out clothes..soooo gooddd๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ

Well better get up and get moving with the rest of the trying on and sorting…lots of things to do..have a great day /nite everyone

Viewing 50 posts - 11,701 through 11,750 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.