Assessing the mountain ahead

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Riafaye 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi everyone,
    I’ve just joined the forum and have completed day 3 on the Fast Diet, Monday and today were fast days. I’m currently feeling a bit hungry and empty so I came on here to get motivation.
    I have been overweight for years now and done every diet out there. I swore I wouldn’t do a diet again but this ‘regime’ seems to make sense. My current weight is 13 stone and I’m 5ft 2. I therefore have a very tall mountain to climb, but I’m starting to believe I can do it.
    Any tips for sticking to the fast days much appreciated!

Hi MickeyG
    welcome to the forum, id say drink plenty, a cuppa with a dash of milk soon stays off the hunger prangs, by week 6 you should be settled into the plan and find yourself feeling less hungry. just keep telling yourself those hunger prangs means body fat is being burnt, dont forget to take body messuerments its amazing how much our shape changes over just a few weeks, good luck! xx

Thank you! I don’t drink milk but I’ll make another iced tea! Body measurements done…just need to keep going.

Hi MickeyG and Welcome!

A few tips for FAST DAYS:

Stay occupied…away from treats…one of my favorite hobbies is recipes and cooking…so sometimes I bake and give away a lot now…

If you love black tea like I do…remember to use a splash of cream or by the end of the fast day (or at night) your stomach will be terribly acidic.

I found that dividing the day’s 500 into breakfast and dinner worked well for me…once I ate anything solid in the middle of the day…I was ravenous the rest of the day. Some fasters save all 500 for a magnificent dinner. I don’t possess the willpower THAT would require….lol!

If we slip up one day…well…there is always the next.

Good Luck!

Hi MickeyG, actually you do not have a mountain to climb at all. You are already at the top of the mountain and you are taking a leisurely stroll off and down the mountain to reach the place you want to be at which is at the bottom.
    While you take this stroll focus on the inner health benefits that are happening as well as the outer physical ones you can see. The inner health is the main thing to concern yourself about. Just think of the shrinking waistline as an extra benefit.
    You could get a page of graph paper and put it on your fridge door. At the top left side put your start at the mountain top.(present weight) Along the bottom mark off the weeks on each large square. Each week or every two fast days draw a downwards line until you have walked easily and gently to the bottom of your mountain. You may take a rest from time to time when the line flattens out. You deserve a rest, do not worry. When you reach your destination in a relaxed and healthy way first congratulate yourself on improving your health on your journey and secondly on losing the weight.
    Finally let us know what is happening as you journey down the mountain.
    Good luck.

I love that couscous! Amazing analogy! I put everything in a spreadsheet (love spreadsheets! – lol) and then on a chart. I shall watch my mountain form! Xxx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.