Anything else I should know?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  wiltldnrUSA 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi all,

So, I am 32yr old, female, 5’6, weighing in at 14 stone, size 18 dress.
    I realised recently just how much my weight has crept up in past couple of years when moving house and clearing my wardrobe. Scary!

I’m happy in life but realise I eat too much at night and bad portion size (in keeping with my boyfriend) so I think 5:2 would be great for me.

I naturally don’t tend to eat breakfast, so plan to take cut cucumber, celery and peppers with a teaspoon of humus for lunch, then have a mix of veg at night with handful of lentils or a low cal M&S meal on a bed of steamed kale, maybe a few blueberries or strawberries after

I don’t drink fizzy drinks or anything and naturally drink water hot and cold, with a few green teas so am good there

Is there anything I am missing? Do you just calorie count for the day or do you need to do anything else?

Can’t wait to get started!
    I plan to do Tuesday and Thursday and maybe an additional Sunday if I feel I’ve over indulged on my non fasting days

Any advice welcome

hello and welcome,
    apart from taking measurements you seem to have done plenty of research, and have your head in the right place for success, good luck! xx

Hi there, our challenges sound similar – I am 51, 5ft 4 in and was horrified that my weight had crept up to 13 stone 8lb – size 18 also (with a wardrobe full of smaller nice clothes that no longer fit!)

I can no longer blame eating with my husband as he lost 3 stone whilst I worked away for a while and has maintained his new shape for 18 months (and looks fantastic), whilst I have gained and feel like a frump. I do have an issue with exercising as I have a dodgy hip, which I was born with apparently but only started hurting 2 years ago. However, I am now looking forward to a hip replacement early next year and yes of course both the op and rehab will be easier, the lighter I am.

Your suggested eating on fast days sounds really sensible. I did start this trying to spread the calories over the day – but have now firmly got into the habit of holding out as long as possible – right through to the evening if I can and just having one nice meal. Water and fruit teas (which I’ve discovered I quite like) are a godsend to try to keep full and if I am absolutely desperate I have an apple or a banana at some stage in the afternoon to stave off hunger pangs. But the beauty is you can do it any way that suits as long as you stay within the calorie count!

So I am now 2 weeks in. I lost 3lb the first week (despite eating out and a weekend away) and am due my 2nd weigh in tomorrow, so I am feeling motivated. I only calorie count on fast days, but naturally find myself far more aware of what I am eating on non-fast days – as I don’t want to undo the good work. Also many people have stressed the importance of measuring yourself and tracking your inch loss at intervals as many people seem to plateau with weight loss but still find themselves shrinking. Great for my ambition to a) have better fitting clothes and b)fit back into all those things I’d outgrown.

Good luck with it – let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks so much – great to know I’m not alone. Will keep you posted x

Good luck Chubby32! Let’s hope it won’t be too long before your username becomes completely inappropriate for you! 🙂

Chubby32, you seem to have it down – good luck with your new lifestyle and I hope your first day is going well.

Bit of inspiration for you: I started out a year and 1 month ago very similar to you, 34 years old, 5ft4 and around 15stone (no exact weight or measurements as I didn’t really expect to lose anything – was doing it for the health benefits) and a size 16 on the bottom and 14/16 on top.

1 year on I was 12 stone at my last weigh in (almost a month ago) and I’m currently entirely decked out in size 12 clothing (although interestingly my bra size hasn’t changed at all). I’ve bought a couple of pairs of size 10 trousers, as my 12s are getting a bit baggy – it’s a bloody good feeling.

Think of this as a journey and a new lifestyle, you will plateau from time to time and if it lasts a while you may need to figure out what to do to kick start the loss again but you’ll get there. Happy travels.

Wow! That is great inspiration TracyJ! Well done you.
    Thanks all – I too hope my name will be ironic this time next year 🙂

First day was quite comfortable.
    Leafy green salad for lunch with a teaspoon of humus and lemon juice drizzled over it
    Dinner was a 277 calorie pot of Innocent ramen noodle pot cooked with a big portion of fresh kale, made into a miso style broth. Really filling and will great idea for colder days.

TracyJ!

so nice 2 know
    the future 😀

this is not a computer glitch
    just checkmarking
    the
    Notify me of follow-up replies via email
    u should all
    4 ur topics & replies

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.