Another one :)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  00Lisa00 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi altogether,

my name is Julia, I am 20 and three weeks ago I read an article about the fast diet in a magazine. Do you know this feeling, when something (a voice, a feeling, just some-thing) in you screams “YES!” when you are confronted with an opportunity. Well, I do. I had this voice the first time during an assessment center and right after I left the company’s rooms, I knew, that I wanted THIS job, that it was the perfect one for me and I had such a good feeling. In the end, I got this job and I was right, it is perfect for me.

Oooookay, that might sound like a whole lot of nonsense, but what I wanted to say is: sometimes in my life, there were moments, I had this special feeling and up to know I’ve always been right to jump on it. And when I read this article in this womens’ magazine three weeks ago, exactly this feeling arose.I bought the book as kindle version and devoured it within the next hours.

And while doing so, this initial feeling of “Yes, that’s good, that’s it!” became stronger and stronger and I knew, I had to try it. And well, I am truely fascinated by this. It works. Even though it was Christmas and New Year, I lost 1,7kg in the last three weeks. And I think this is the first time of my life, when I lost weight during those holidays. Usually put on oner or two kilos.

This really changed my life. It is so easy and it makes sense. That’s the most important thing: based on the scientific evidence and from a logic perspective, it just makes sense. I lost weight with weight watchers, too, but you ahve to count points all day long and have to plan and to plan every single day. Your head buzzes from counting and all this thinking about points. It’s like being a prisoner in your own mind. At least I has been for me. I always thought about the next time to eat and I was afraid of all kind of social events. “Is there anything in this restaurant, that’ll fit into my points?” … “Oh, the girls want to go the cinema on the end of the week. I won’t have much points left. I think, I’ll skip that one, because going to the movies without having popcorn is just half of the fun” It is pretty hard for me to describe how captured I felt and how I always thought about eating and not-eating. Especially because English is not my native language. But I hope you got a pretty good imagination of what I am talking about.

And regarding those experiences with weight watchers, you’ll understand, when I say: the fast diet was like a liberation for me. Now I do not have to think about food all the time. I am back in live. And though it works. I really am relieved and also I am looking forward to exchange experiences within this forum.

Thanks to Michael and Mimi! You really changed my life. You rescued me from my own little prison in my mind!

Hi Neverendingstory and welcome to the forums!

your English is perfect and for someone so young you seem very well focused and I am sure you will love this WOL( way of life) 🙂

I know what you mean about the little voice inside your head that kept saying, try this try this!!!!!!!!!! I kind of happened to me too lol, I thought, what have I got to loose? so here we are hehe!!

anyway I am wishing you every success with 5.2 and a wonderful new year!!

Angie x

Hi Angie,

thank you very much for this lovely welcome 🙂
    Yepp, the only thing, we have to loose, are some dispendable kilos, aren’t they? 🙂

Yeah, I recognise the ‘lightbulb’ moment. I got it while watching the documentary in August 2012 and haven’t looked back since. I doubt I’ve lost anything over the holidays (only managed 1lb last Xmas and I was a fair bit heavier back then) but hopefully I’ve maintained and that will be fine by me. New Year – back on the horse 😀

Lightbulb moment. I like the way of putting it like that.

Think, I also managed that weight loss solely as I am quite heavy (114,7 kg to start with). But even if you put on somethin on Christmas, it is not that fatal if you get back on track after fun is over.

Yeah same here and the beautiful thing is my husband is right there with me 🙂 Still early days but so far we are both still loving it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.