Another newbie

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chuckk 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi all.

I am starting my 5:2 experience this coming week and have decided to fast on Tuesdays and Fridays. Having said that I am on a golf weekend from Friday so will be doing Thursday just for this week.

A bit of background. I am a 59 year old man, pretty healthy but disgusted at my 216lbs which gives me a BMI of over 30! Main aim is to lose weight which will bring with it the improved health results. Was successful previously using Weightwatchers where I lost about 21 lbs but have put all that back on.

I was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2006 and definitely don’t want to go through the chemo again so another reason to lose some weight.

So glad to have found this forum. I think it really helps to link up with similar minded people.

Greetings!
    I’m relatively new, just started out on this journey a week ago, glad you are taking the journey as well! Ah, hey, I was there as well – I tipped the scales above 210 lbs. about a year and a half ago, and just through sensible diet, rest, and exercise (biking mostly) am now down to 160 lbs. & strong again! My cousin had the Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and getting in shape really helped him a lot too; I often wonder if by changing from ‘grow’ mode to ‘repair’ mode we wouldn’t also help fight cancers, along with dietary changes (eating powerful anti-cancer foods like raw garlic, raw onions, cranberries, etc.)? But definitely getting in shape helped, Paul said the same thing.
    Glad you could join,
    -Chuck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.