Another newbie

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Davey-Boy 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi all, I’m Dave age 25 from the UK.
    Kind of sounds like some AA clinic! Anyway I’m on my second day of the 5:2. Yesterday was my first fast day..and it flew! I had poached egg with salmon and two slices of toast with a black coffee around 7 am for brekky. Had a day of work, just drinking water all day I found I was alot more thirsty than usual.
    Sitting with the lads at break and dinnertime didn’t really bother me as I like to think im quite self disciplined.
    I got home about half 4 after cycling to and from work. I had my dinner at about 7 pm some chicken balti with rice – (slimming recipe) with a packet of micro veg, had a black coffee with it. Went to bed about half 10.
    So theres my first diary input.
    Just one thing, today I am not fasting…I had same brekky as yesterday. But I feel guilty or like im gona let myself down by eating anything more than I did yesterday :s does anyone else feel or has felt this way??
    Thanks guys

hi Davey and welcome to the forum

well done on your progress so far, you seem to be very positive about it and that’s great, and no, absolutely not, you are not letting yourself down for eating more on your feed days!

if anything have you checked your TDEE? there is a great tool under the “how?”
    section top of the page, this will calculate how many calories you should consume on feed days and I can assure you these will be a heck of a lot more than 500 🙂

you will also find that, in time, your appetite will be reduced as you do more fasts…

so its all good, happy fasting 🙂

Hi Davey-Boy and welcome to 5:2. I am on my second week and on my 4th Fast Day today. I find it hard also to get my head around what i can eat on a normal day but it is getting easier. I worked out my TDEE and i do calculate roughly what i eat on NFD only because I am not sure of calories in some things at this stage. I read on a post somewhere that said ‘ you can eat what you want but not how much you want’ on a NFD and that has really helped me get my head around it. Have a biscuit but not the packet!

i lost 5lbs in my first week and that included roast dinner and a 3 course meal on sat night with wine!! I could have probs lost a little more without the wine and goodies but this is real life and I would rather go for the slow approach and still enjoy weekends etc.

Anyway good luck and it all makes a bit more sense as you go along:)

Hi Angie and thank you for your reply I checked the TDEE and yes 2813 is alot more! I think that its just my head trying to get around the idea of undoing the effort of fasting yesterday and believing in the 5:2 system, waiting and only time will tell!
    Thanks again

Thank you PoshBird and well done on your results. I use an android app called My Fitness Pal and that has more or less every food I have ate in its database, if not there is a bar code scanner incorporated in the search function so that for me males it easier to count my calories 🙂
    Thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.