Another New Disciple

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nlwtasha 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Good morning everyone. I’m a 48 year old company director who has dropped and regained around 40lbs probably four times in the last decade. I never used fad diets but just followed the old adage that if you put out more than you put in you will lose weight and I did. The problem is every time I’ve gradually slipped back into bad habits and now my career with a 500 mile a week commute and twelve hour days adds more complexity to the issue and little time or inclination for a great deal of exercise.

I have been aware of the fast lifestyle (don’t like the word diet it sounds temporary) for about a year since I met a client who was following it and raving about it. I then I saw Michael Moseley on the TV last week which prompted me to have a bash (that plus the fact that I weight 15 stone 6 pounds which is far too much on my 5 foot 8 inch frame and my business suits have become decidedly uncomfortable)!

It is Thursday morning 0855hrs and my first ever fasting day. I’ve been up since 0520, have driven fifty miles to my office and have been at my desk for two hours now. I had half a glass of soya milk first thing to wash down my multivitamins, cod liver oil and Omeprazole tablets (I have had long term acid indigestion) and an espresso with a sweetener tablet to open the roller shutters (AKA eyes) before setting off for work.

I’m on my second glass of water and feel remarkably good albeit very early days and in fact I’m quite excited by the prospect of seeing how my body reacts to something I have never done to it before.

I don’t plan to eat anything and just drink good old H2o until dinner time this evening where I will have a small version of the family tea (my wife always cooks from fresh and never uses processed foods). I’ve calculated my tea will represent about 300 calories which should leave me just enough for one small glass of wine.

I’d be really interested to hear from anybody who is either:

A) At the same point as me so we can compare notes

B) Further down the line who can share any useful lessons learned

C) Of the opinion that I’m doing anything wrong so far

All constructive criticism is very welcome folks.

I’m hoping to sign in once a week probably each Monday morning with an update of my progress.

HAPPY FASTING ONE AND ALL!

Morning Jbee and welcome to the forums and 5.2!

you have made the perfect choice and you will soon reap in the benefits, hopefully others will respond with more suggestions and advice 🙂

good luck on your journey and happy fasting!

Thanks very much indeed Angie!

you are welcome Jbee!!

🙂

Welcome jbee
    drink plenty of water or black tea or herbal tea. It helps you feel less empty.
    This way of eating works – before you know it your suits will be too big on you.
    Will look forward to your weekly updates.

Thanks very much ghostgirl! Yes the water is certainly helping I must say.

I’ve passed what I classed as my first main hurdle being lunchtime without much pain at all. Just he odd pang if I stopped and thought about it. The key for me is keeping busy.

The next major hurdle will be this evening as that’s when I’m at my worst for snacking.

I’ve been reading a few other posts and lots of folk seem to measure their waists as well as their weight – makes sense so I’ll do the same I think.

Waist around the middle at the belly button 44.5″

Welcome! Keep well hydrated and just do it! (That’s what I keep saying to myself anyway). You can do it!

Hi Jbee…this is my second fast day and I am gob-smacked how comfortable I am finding it. I go for one weetabix in morning,and an evening meal of 400 pr less calories..which isn’t that hard because my partner does cook relatively healthy stuff..I just have smaller portion.

Water and coffee during day deals with hunger pangs….and that is the interesting thing. The hunger pangs are not going to kill you, in my experience I get a couple of bouts at lunchtime and then again about 5’ish.. But I just sip a pint of water or drink a coffee and they are gone..they do not build and build during day….it is actually ten times easier than I though it would be.

Like you Jbee I like a glass of wine or bottle of beer with evening meal, but weekdays I have cut those out completely. Snacking has been my downfall and I am amazed how well ….so far…I have avoided that..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.